Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 03:37 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times

Advertisements

Kinda. She's worked her whole life for this just to lose to someone who picked this up seemingly for fun. But on the other hand, sometimes you lose and that's okay.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:35 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
A flicker. It must suck to have been thisclose to becoming the first woman president and then having it snatched from you.

But, she's a politician. One minute you're on top of the heap, the next you're flat on your face. That's the world she moves in.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:38 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm proud to be a deplorable.

Hillary completely made herself known with that comment behind closed doors.

I hope that she is tossed in jail for her career offenses against the American people.
Hillary has the heart, mind and qualifications to be president and Commander in Chief.

I don't feel sorry for Hillary, I feel sorry for America.

This is the biggest argument that the Electoral College be abolished. Should be 1 vote 1 person. Only in America the person with the popular vote loses.

The exception being the countries that have dictators for leaders.

We will see how Trump's lawsuits against him work out. I can't believe Trump was not vetted before running for president. Now, we have a vile person elected as our leader.

I am so happy you are proud to be a deplorable; I am proud to be an American.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:45 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Hillary has the heart, mind and qualifications to be president and Commander in Chief.

This is the biggest argument that the Electoral College be abolished. Should be 1 vote 1 person. Only in America the person with the popular vote loses.

We will see how Trump's lawsuits against him work out. I can't believe Trump was not vetted before running for president. Now, we have a vile person elected as our leader.

You certainly don't sound like one. Real Americans accept & support the US Constitution instead of crying about why it isn't working for them. The Electoral College has existed for centuries, and it will still be here long after you & I are gone.

Real Americans are happy that we got a say in who runs the country. Most people in the world don't have that right.

BTW, I'm only responding to you as you took it on yourself to describe me as unAmerican. I've made 1000s of posts on this forum that demonstrate exactly the opposite. Go read my post history if you doubt it.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:48 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,972,701 times
Staunch supporter of her but I think she should be proud of all her successes. She WON the popular vote narrowly in both the 2008 primaries and the 2016 general election. NO other woman in history came remotely close to what she has accomplished
She was of course also a First Lady, SOS and senator from 3rd most populous state.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:52 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
...... I can't believe Trump was not vetted before running for president. Now, we have a vile person elected as our leader..... .
That's part of America. Until you are taken to court and found otherwise, you are not denied the ability to cast your bid for office.

It applies to Trump......and it applied to Clinton. There were voices who were saying that since she was under investigation, she should not be allowed to run. I have no love in my heart for her, but I did stand up to say that an investigation is not a conviction, we don't do it that way in America.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You certainly don't sound like one. Real Americans accept & support the US Constitution instead of crying about why it isn't working for them.
It's good to see you coming to that realization.

These are obviously NOT real Americans.

Quote:
The Electoral College has existed for centuries, and it will still be here long after you & I are gone.
It's the rigging that your guy kept going on about endlessly. But since it worked in favor of the right wing this time, it's perfectly fine. The right loved the rigging 16 years ago, too.

Quote:
Real Americans are happy that we got a say in who runs the country. Most people in the world don't have that right.

BTW, I'm only responding to you as you took it on yourself to describe me as unAmerican. I've made 1000s of posts on this forum that demonstrate exactly the opposite. Go read my post history if you doubt it.
Real Americans will continue to work for progress, regardless of who is in DC.

I have hopes that Trump will reveal himself to be the builder and businessman that he keeps telling us he is. Instead of the guy who talks like an 8th grader and when he isn't saying stupid things, he's saying insulting things. I have hopes that as a RINO, he'll be able to work across the aisle and get some things done in congress. Because it's congress, not the president, who decide almost all domestic activity.

Maybe there's a chance that congressional Pubs will actually approve of some much needed infrastructure projects that will provide many thousands of good jobs now that there's a Pub in the White House. Because their anti-American obstruction of those projects for the past 6 years has been damaging.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:55 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:

If that were true-we wouldn't even notice. Because that is exactly what happened 8 years ago. Guess what? If America can survive 8 years of Obama's corruption, divisiveness and incompetence, we'll survive Trump. Deal with it snowflake.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:03 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,352 times
No not at all , I hope the Clintons pack up and leave she is an evil woman and got what she deserved . . The Democratic Party threw Bernie under the bus for this woman and they got what they deserved . Evil never wins.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:03 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's good to see you coming to that realization.
It's the rigging that your guy kept going on about endlessly. But since it worked in favor of the right wing this time, it's perfectly fine. The right loved the rigging 16 years ago, too.
Real Americans will continue to work for progress, regardless of who is in DC.

I have hopes that Trump will reveal himself to be the builder and businessman that he keeps telling us he is. Instead of the guy who talks like an 8th grader and when he isn't saying stupid things, he's saying insulting things. I have hopes that as a RINO, he'll be able to work across the aisle and get some things done in congress. Because it's congress, not the president, who decide almost all domestic activity.

Maybe there's a chance that congressional Pubs will actually approve of some much needed infrastructure projects that will provide many thousands of good jobs now that there's a Pub in the White House. Because their anti-American obstruction of those projects for the past 6 years has been damaging.
Responses to points:

• You have read many many of my posts here. Did you honestly think that I didn't already know this?
  • The election was rigged for Hillary. It's clear the entire MSM were behind her, she won a non-competitive primary where party officials cheated their own rules to hand it to her, and she was given an obscene amount of money from the establishment and brutal dictatorships. Remember a TV Network, CNN, gave her the debate questions so she could prepare. It was absolutely rigged.
  • I agree. The game is Trump's now. Hopefully he won't be like Obama who promised much and did nothing.
  • Congress is now scared of Trump. Remember Trump took down two very powerful political dynasties. i.e. Bush & Clinton. No member of congress wants to be in those cross hairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections