Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 08:28 PM

285 posts, read 195,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Well, republicans can't complain about anything in government now, they got it on lock, and when they fail, I can't wait to see who they blame.

Really hope we don't get to see what's happening in Kansas and Oklahoma nationwide.

Other than that, the world won't end, but damn does it get harder to be a minority in this country, feel bad for my friends who were finally able to get jobs through DACA.

This will be a tough 4 years.
And why do you think that is? Look at what the democrats have done to the country. Look at how divided we've become. Obama was supposed to bring hope and change and unite the country. We've never been more divided. So you've already made your mind up that it will be a tough 4 years? You won't even give Trump a chance? That's sad. Trump has promised to make things better for everyone. Unlike Obama and Hillary who have called republicans the enemy and deplorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 08:32 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Similar how media portrays black Americans that they are doing all right when most are in poverty.
Perhaps that was one of the reasons that the Hillary campaign failed? It is hard to energize Black voters when they looked at where they have gone in the last eight years: Race Gap: Blacks Fall Further Behind Under Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Corporations were not loyal to those workers who made them rich or the children of the workers who now find they have no jobs...due corporate disloyalty and greed.

I was recently in a place called Washburn...just out side of Washington...It was a prosperous neighbourhood...not a single cigarette butt on the ground. Then passing through Bradford PA...and Places like Buffalo or Niagara Falls NY....degraded place - forgotten- abandoned decades ago...WHY did America not take care of America?

Your mantra is GOD BLESS AMERICA. - maybe God blessed you once and it is time that Americans cast blessings on each other. It was old school Christian doctrine and logic...that built the empire...I think you know what I am talking about.
By the way, while corporations are not loyal to their workers; they are breeding workers not loyal to the corporations. We were given the command that that we are replaceable; so we always have to look for the best deal for our services. It goes both ways. Also many cannot live as 'temporary workers' or workers that have no guarantee of a full week's work or pay.

Trump has many obstacles in front him - his road will not be easy. I feel that he really wants to make a difference. He does have a full agenda and it looks like he is already working hard to achieve his goals and promises. Of course we have been lied to many times in the past. Only time will see how this all plays out.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:04 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,663,195 times
I never got around to saying this but: YES!!!!!!!!!

I was up til 1:00 a.m. and got back up at 5:00 am. Very worth it to watch last night!

Old 11-09-2016, 09:09 PM

26,144 posts, read 19,696,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1..
How old are you again? People aren't upset becuase Trump won the're upset with the death of the United States of American.
That happend many years ago G1 but your right.... THIS IS NOT USA I REMEMBER....

Old 11-09-2016, 09:12 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,263,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
And why do you think that is? Look at what the democrats have done to the country. Look at how divided we've become. Obama was supposed to bring hope and change and unite the country. We've never been more divided. So you've already made your mind up that it will be a tough 4 years? You won't even give Trump a chance? That's sad. Trump has promised to make things better for everyone. Unlike Obama and Hillary who have called republicans the enemy and deplorable.
LOL .

Folks like you are just too funny .

Old 11-09-2016, 11:09 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,636,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Oh, that word change!!! How many political candidates have used that magic word, and millions fell for it. Wasn't it Obama who constantly used that word in his presidential campaign?

You cannot, cannot change well-entrenched bureaucracies, or someone is going to get assassinated!
^This. But I don't think many people get it. Or maybe they just don't want to think about it.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:19 PM

1,149 posts, read 925,660 times
I love it, I love it, I love it!

Old 11-10-2016, 04:33 AM

5,806 posts, read 11,822,135 times
It's a Victory not only for the USA, but for the world. I have great hopes that Donald will soon end the stupid new Cold War with Russia !

Old 11-10-2016, 04:45 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
It's a Victory not only for the USA, but for the world. I have great hopes that Donald will soon end the stupid new Cold War with Russia !
Kremlin: Clinton Victory Would Have Led to World War 3 Between Russia and the US |Heat Street

Old 11-10-2016, 04:55 AM

18,523 posts, read 10,461,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xani View Post
Lib-tard party:

party of hatred, oppression, discrimination, cowardice, treason and lies!

REPUBLICAN PARTY. Fixed it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections