Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 08:59 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.

We are going to see our gains eroded,all because some white voters thought their precious resources were being diverted to minorities.

Hey minorities,you do not deserve to live and be treated like a human,that is only for white American men.

GOOD!! bye...

leave if you don't like it..

nobody is holding you here...

Make America Great Again!!!

Grab em bye the 2016!!!

TRUMP!!!!

Old 11-09-2016, 09:00 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,567 times

Old 11-09-2016, 09:04 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You know who I feel sorry for in this election ? WOMEN ! The women who voted for Trump didn't listen to his words. He and Pence HATE Roe v Wade, so women run the risk of losing their choices when it comes to their own bodies. Trump also feels women are objects, like his own words, "I hit the roof when I come home and dinner is not made !"

The reason I am most surprised is that women are generally so much more perceptive than we men. We are kind of the "Here, hold my beer and watch this" mentality, but women are a little smarter and are the glue that keeps the family functioning. How so many women missed the obvious signs and voted for Trump is beyond me.

Maybe they really did like it better in the 50's, when hubby ruled the roost and they were second class citizens. I would hate to think that, I think so very much more of women than to believe that to be true.
As a woman I do not feel I've lost anything. Several have tried to get Roe v. Wade reversed and guess what? No one has been successful at doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
LOL..... and the trump losers were supposed to go beserk...........pollsters got that wrong too.......?
My gosh I went on to FB last night and there were protests in Los Angeles and Portland because Trump won.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:05 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.

We are going to see our gains eroded,all because some white voters thought their precious resources were being diverted to minorities.

Hey minorities,you do not deserve to live and be treated like a human,that is only for white American men.
What gains are you speaking of, that you think will be lost? It seems to me that the Jews, Asians, women, and legal immigrants are doing just fine, and will continue to do so once the government resources stop being squandered on illegals.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:05 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post

My gosh I went on to FB last night and there were protests in Los Angeles and Portland because Trump won.
I predict they will set more trash cans on fire.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:06 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
you have never experienced just a frisk with out any reason? or civil rights infringed on-- so you have no clue- My pet peeve is- I wanted women to be treated as equals- rural women want to be taken care of- while the choose wall paper and make cookies- but in a society with so many single moms- I've lost it with them-- we have put the brakes on any progress and regressed- and many women in the world feel the pain today. Im interested to see who voted for what in the demographics.
I have been frisked and searched multiple times in my life, for little or no reason, looking back on it I was acting and dressing like an idiot.

As for women, the only thing your post says is that you have not moved past the women's rights issues that were long ago settled, now reality is women are equal to men in my life. As equals, they have the same concerns and issues that men have, and they saw Hillary threatening Russia, they see the crap going on with middle class jobs, the constant attacks on families, the huge costs of Obamacare and worse coverage for the average family, and the mess schools are in, and they decided that the politicians in Washington were screwing them.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:08 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And this is what scares me. It isn't just his rhetoric. It is that the bigots who hid in the shadows feel comfortable coming out to the light. A few months back some ignorant punks felt very comfortable screaming the "N" word at me in plain view of shoppers and people sitting and drinking coffee. I had been called that word before, but not that boldly.

My fear is that it will go from just words to actions. I am not a home owner, yet. However, one possibility is that the bigots who hid in the shadows could do things like
1) Refuse to sell a home to me because of my race
2) Try hard to enforce restrictive convenants that ban Blacks and other groups from buying homes in certain areas.
3) It is possible that "sundown" laws could come back.

It is more or less the acceptance of racism that could bring back certain things.
Geez, where do you live? I haven't heard anyone say the N word in public in probably 30 years.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,415,781 times
:c rying:

Old 11-09-2016, 09:19 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Even prior to Obama care your grandson would have qualified for medicaid and would have insurance either way.

yes but who pays-YOU!- your taxes---and I know the care would have been limited-- I know.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:21 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Geez, where do you live? I haven't heard anyone say the N word in public in probably 30 years.

must live in a cave in Alaska?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections