Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 02:14 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
He wants a nationwide Stop and Frisk policy.

He wants to repeal Affirmative Action.

For starters...
How is affirmative action a right, and how can Donald Trump repeal it?

Old 11-09-2016, 02:20 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.

We are going to see our gains eroded,all because some white voters thought their precious resources were being diverted to minorities.

Hey minorities,you do not deserve to live and be treated like a human,that is only for white American men.
Pathatic

Old 11-09-2016, 02:23 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Is Donald Trump a Racist? - The New York Times

Old 11-09-2016, 02:24 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie409 View Post
I'd be interested to see the number of minorities in key spots in his administration.

Bush had Powell and Rice in big time positions. I bet Trump ends up with an all white cabinet.
I like white cabinets. Preferably with shaker doors.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:24 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Jersey, do you know what's so ironic? When I was heading home, Where is the Love by the Black Eyed Peas came on the radio today. I mean I don't know if the DJ planned that but what the heck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Silly Liberals, no ones rights will be infringed. Take your depression pills and your mind off of the election.
I don't believe in synthetic chemicals. If I did I would have taken them long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I would suggest that Clinton supporters that are having trouble dealing with her loss consider counseling, maybe form a private group here at C-D where you can work through it. The cult-like behavior of some of her supporters wasn't going to end well.
Counseling? Psh...what a joke. A group would be fine if it fixed things but I don't benefit from just talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre Vapors View Post
Here is a good answer for your rant....know your place and all will be fine
My place is under a bridge and away from neurotypicals. I figured that out years ago but I really see it now.

Quote:
[/b]

Yes,my place will be to avenge my ancestors and take this mutha**** down.

I told you,minorities will NOT play nice this time.
I'd be happy to be the same but I gotta make sure I'm not the cheese that stands alone. If I'm going to fight then I want enough people backing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Trump used a lot of bravado and macho posturing. IN the core of this guy is a good man with a heart.
If he has a good heart he has a really bad way of showing it. His eyes even show hatred in them to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What a crock of crap!
It's true and you know it. If people think we deserve to be treated as human then why would they vote a guy who insults so many people?
Btw illegal immigrants are the wrong answer. By worrying about them you hurt other groups that didn't do anything wrong. If Hilary was really that bad (which you don't know that it's all hearsay) then you should have banned together and voted for another party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
With all honesty,

we always had rich white men as presidents. what makes everybody so scared this time?

After one of my looks-nothing-like-a-japanese relative being put in internment camp years ago, nothing scares me now.

No one will lose their rights. Just relax already. Geez.

I already have though and it could easily just get worse.
Bigotry has always been powerful in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is how many people feel today. A great sadness and that they are not wanted in this country.
We're not. I mean on the few times I've actually tried to be a sociable person IRL I wonder why I bother because they don't understand. Sometimes it starts out in childhood even..because kids made fun of me in 5th grade and I'm not saying the average American doesn't experience this too but it happens a lot more with outsiders. If you fit any abnormality, whether it be race (which has gotten better, at least with African Americans but I know there are still racists out there) brain function..what have you you are easily judged. Sometimes not always to your face but behind your back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Some minorities (and non-minorities like feminist women) seem to believe if they are not receiving special treatment they are being discriminated against
But sometimes we do need special treatment. We need a little help esp us disabled. You guys can function in this world a lot easier. You may struggle but you generally get through it. For example a lot of people find a way to lie into their job to adapt but I can't do that at all. I may have a neurotypical side because I'm in the middle but the other part of my brain takes over with that.
You guys don't understand how hard it is to be in a world driven by people who you can't identify with. You talk to many autistics for example...many of them actually love socializing but they can't figure you out. I on the other hand kinda bask in my outsiderness but that doesn't mean I want to be a loser who burdens everyone.
I really wish people would understand this. I would most likely be a lot more successful if people understood and cared years ago that I can be slow with crucial things. In fact when I was voting (although I know part of it was stress that helped me out of it it only increased it but I get like this anyway), I got to the scanning machine and I wasn't doing it right to the point the woman asked me if I was a first time voter and I have voted every year. I can think of so many instances where most people would be thinking how the heck could you do that. It's like I have a talent for screwing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
CROCODILE TEARS - tears or expressions of sorrow that are insincere.
CROCODILE FEARS - fears or expressions of horror that are bogus.
I wish I was joking/being insincere. I wanted to get the heck out of the store today because as I was sitting there I had to fight not to cry in front of the employee because I hate crying in front of people.
I also wish my fears were bogus but in the midst of this election year an eviction notice came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I know plenty of AMERICAN latinos that voted for Trump. The only ones complaining are the ILLEGAL ones. You liberals never cease to amuse. All you do is pull race cards. It is getting old.
It is not just about race. Why don't you get that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle99 View Post
This female minority voted for trump. I don't believe your fear mongering BS. Looks like I wasn't the only one, either...
But you believe the political slander about Hilary. That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Its obvious that you don't care about anyone other than yourself.
Jerseygal just seems to be fed up like me. It's impossible to care about the world when the world doesn't care about you. To quote Eminem I've been spit up chewed out and booed off stage (stage is a metaphor here obviously)...far too many times.
It doesn't mean she doesn't care about anyone else. She just may just be limiting her caring to people who deserve it..people who didn't do anything wrong.

I probably went off on a tangent but see this is just another reason I have needed more help than I've been getting.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:27 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really? Right now they are constitutional rights. So let me know how he plans to 'turn them over to the states."

Start taking away civil rights and you WILL see an uprising.

A whitelash as Van Jones called it. His conversation with Jeffrey Lord was very moving as he tried to explain how people of color or anyone other than a straight, white male felt last night. I could tell that EVEN Lord was moved by his words. Now that is saying something.

Yes. There is little good to find in all this. Privatizing Medicare, trying again to overturn Obamacare and replace it with (they have NO idea); the climate change agreement overturned, etc.

George Wallace won.

Economists say - we could very well be worse off as people have no insurance. One thing - the Republicans have NO idea how to repeal it and they have no plan to replace it.

I feel for folks who have pre-existing conditions and those who will lose their healthcare.

No sweat off you back, eh?

Sweet Weeping Jesus. Why didn't someone let us in on that secret? We just elected an orange fascist.

Then you have not spoken with a trump rally audience.

We will. We cannot let the rights of our friends and family be overturned.

That is a LIE; he never, ever said that. The reich wing no longer can tell between the truth and a lie. Fools.

And YES. I do like my job and my neighborhood.

Who? Byrd? He renounced the KKK 50 years ago with tears in his eyes. David Duke just TODAY - congratulated Donald on his win. Donald has emboldened him - and others like him.

Tell it to Melania, dear. I hope we put up one of her nude photos in the WH.

Absolutely. I hate the right wing and the hate they stand for. Today, they elected HATE to office. He will be the most despised President in our history.

Meanwhile the stock markets are tanking.

Enjoy your victory fascists. You will soon be regretting your decision.
You just type nonsense. Paragraph after paragraph. You are a good example as to why the Left got spanked yesterday.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:32 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Jerseygal just seems to be fed up like me. It's impossible to care about the world when the world doesn't care about you. To quote Eminem I've been spit up chewed out and booed off stage (stage is a metaphor here obviously)...far too many times.
It doesn't mean she doesn't care about anyone else. She just may just be limiting her caring to people who deserve it..people who didn't do anything wrong.
Being fed up doesn't give someone the right to be completely selfish or judge and treat others poorly, sorry.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:34 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Being fed up doesn't give someone the right to be completely selfish or judge and treat others poorly, sorry.
But it's okay for Trump supporters to be selfish or judge.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:35 PM

237 posts, read 245,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post

But you believe the political slander about Hilary. That makes sense.

You know what they say about ASSuming...

Old 11-09-2016, 02:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.

We are going to see our gains eroded,all because some white voters thought their precious resources were being diverted to minorities.

Hey minorities,you do not deserve to live and be treated like a human,that is only for white American men.
Lol what? the U.S Constitution still exists y'all really gotta just chill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections