Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 09:47 AM

856 posts, read 704,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Republicans have it all now. You can't blame Democrats for your failures, your lack of jobs, your lack of education, so if your economy still is terrible, if you are still unemployed, if coal (which is still more expensive than natural gas) doesn't come back, if companies still don't move to the middle of the country, what will you do? Who will you blame? Seriously, you think Trump now will bring you prosperity. If he doesn't who's fault is it then? Will you finally own it?
There is a false notion that a President can automatically create economic prosperity. A President can sign into law policies to help create an environment where jobs can be created, or veto bad economic policies, but a President doesn't create jobs.

Yet, people in rural America believe that by electing Trump, everything will be great. This is what the Grand Old Party has become, a big government progressive party that has now gotten a demagogue with a below average IQ into the white house.

I voted for Mitt Romney in 2012. I have not supported any of Obama's failed policies. But I have never questioned Obama's fitness to serve. I do so with Trump. Trump is not the answer.

To answer your question, Trump barely won Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. It's impressive he did given none of those states have gone to a Republican in decades. But I think enough people in those states will realize that Trump is useless and will either stay home or vote Democrat in 2020. However, a number of Trump supporters will make excuses for him and some will buy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 09:58 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You must hate where you live, your county voted for Trump at nearly 60 percent.
Nah, not at all and you're right my county is full of trump bots. I can't wait to hear the incessant whining that will go on once they realize they voted for a con artist.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:00 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You folks ever get tired of trying to divide and demonize Americans ?
Hey, hey c'mon now. We are simply having our own little Tea party moment. You have four long years to enjoy it!

Old 11-10-2016, 12:37 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
There is a false notion that a President can automatically create economic prosperity. A President can sign into law policies to help create an environment where jobs can be created, or veto bad economic policies, but a President doesn't create jobs.

Yet, people in rural America believe that by electing Trump, everything will be great. This is what the Grand Old Party has become, a big government progressive party that has now gotten a demagogue with a below average IQ into the white house.
I don't know if it even goes that deep...

The few I know are simply hoping the election will stop the war on coal and the farming/ranchers just want a return to a time when a mouse, snake, etc... on the property means jeopardizes their way of life.

As for Trump background... he certainly has a long history on the Democrat side of things...

Political figures, Icons, Hollywood Celebrities had no compunction associating with him prior to his decision to run...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections