Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Possible Reasons Hillary Clinton Lost
Russians 1 1.35%
Fake News 1 1.35%
James Comey 2 2.70%
She's a Woman (Hillary's Favorite) 1 1.35%
Hillary Clinton 69 93.24%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:42 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Clinton ran a well organized campaign, she had no competition in each debated. Clinton just had HATE and Putin working against her in the campaign, there were just to many obstacles for her to overcome.
If you really absorb the Politico article - she wasn't 'well organized" at all. It was all a Myth, based on old fashioned Play Books that the Clinton Campaign believed in.

Bottom Line ...... they slurped their own Kool-Aid, helped by the Corporate Media that thought she was the Presumptive Queen and "had it in the bag". Donald Trump WORKED for the Election, CampClinton believed they didn't have to "work". They took the Voters for granted.

What do you have to lose? made a lot of sense to those who had been taken advantage of for many decades.

I posted about the problems with Michigan right before the Election. Hillary Clinton ran a Horrible Campaign.
She has learned NOTHING .... it's why she and her Leftist supporters are STILL trying to reverse her loss.

She will go down in History as a "Loser". Obama's "Grand Legacy" is in ashes.
History will write the real Story of both of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 11:24 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The topic is not about Bush. Please don't try to hijack this thread.
This!

I am pretty sure that a great many of us who voted for Trump are not/never were Bush supporters, and many of us (including me) are not Republicans. We are as much against the 'establishment' (on both sides) as we are 'for' any particular candidate. I think that is something that most Democrats don't quite get - that this was NOT a Democrat vs Republican election for a change. You keep wanting to blame Republicans for why Hillary was not elected.

She was not elected because she was Hillary - not because she was Democrat. You cannot think 'traditionally' and ever hope to understand why Trump was elected. Trump was elected because he was Trump - not because he was running under the Republican banner. Not quite understanding (which is probably an understatement) the real (and very much changed/changing) dynamics of this election and those of the 'people' was the major reason why Trump won.

As for whether Hillary actually won the 'popular vote' - well I think that could be debated based on the estimate that at least 3 million ILLEGALS voted in this federal election - and I am pretty darned sure most of those votes didn't go to Trump. Should that be proven correct then I would say there is a good chance that Trump actually also took the popular LEGAL vote - even though whether he did or not makes no real difference to whether he was elected and will be the President.

During the election period I asked so many who were Hillary 'supporters' about what Hillary stood for, what she had really accomplished over her 'career', why I should vote for Hillary ... and frankly I never heard any really solid or verifiable answer from anyone. Most just wanted to tell me that I should not vote for Trump. Eventually I gave up on that and listened to what she said, I tried to follow what the heck she was proposing - what she stood for, what policies she would pursue/uphold, how she saw the state of the country currently and what direction she intended to take it ... and darned if I could see much of anything but rhetoric and very vague PC glib-ness there. I tried .. I pride myself on trying to be an 'educated' voter and making choices based on real thought and analysis, not on listening to memes and talking points. There was really nothing behind that mirror as far as I could tell. Whose fault is that? Hillary's? The Democrat party/the DNC 'machine'? I don't know but I was not about to vote for someone who didn't even seem to recognize the concerns of half the people in the country she wanted to represent and could demonstrate nothing she had done or intended to do that would affect anything I was concerned about unless that was in a negative way.

I was also not about to vote for someone who so disliked anyone who might not vote for her that she would describe us as deplorable - way to win votes, ma'am! (not). Honey works better on me than vinegar. And trying to categorize everyone who is not her/a fervent supporter of 'her' as having essentially a backwoods hillbilly level of intellect .. well, that strategy may have worked for Obama but it didn't work for her .. she was ill-advised to try to use the same playbook this time. There was just a really obvious and basic misunderstanding of who America is these days - and it showed in her campaign .. and that 'ignorance' defeated her.

So .. for me .. Hillary lost .. because .. Hillary! Is she ill? I have no real idea (though I do suspect 'something' is amiss there) but she is not Presidential material - especially right now, for this country, in this world, given current conditions. Is she a liar? Again I suspect so but who really cares - she never said anything that ever made me 'listen' anyway .. I still have absolutely no idea who Hillary is at her core .. and frankly that is not a good thing from my perspective. And just as I don't care what colour our President is .. I don't care what gender our President is .. so neither of those factors ever played into my decision about who to vote for - and never will.

I look only for the best candidate - and this time it was Trump. He stood up and talked about the issues that so many were also thinking about instead of avoiding them or trying to deflect to issues that the 'candidate' cares about but the 'people' aren't really that interested in discussing right now. He was unorthodox, his whole 'campaign' was unorthodox - and actually that probably won the election for him more than anything else. That said .. Hillary lost her own election .. or so I must surmise because the press kept telling me it was hers to win, hers 'in the bag'.

Last edited by Aery11; 12-15-2016 at 11:34 PM..

Old 12-15-2016, 11:37 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
This is nonsense - this is what your unbiased media outlets wanted you to believe - Hillary unfit to serve. The only thing this proves is that you were drinking the cool-aid - everyday.

Most People = most voters voted for Hillary

Proven Liar = no proof, never convicted of any criminal activity but hey multiple witch hunts designed to tar and feather her and her staff. Oh and help from Russian hackers to have her defeated.

Hillary Sick = completely made up nonsense (she is younger than Donald), about as credible as a Comet Pizza Pedo ring.

You can't even ask a simple question without exposing your (huge) bias. Why do you guys bother to post these supposedly open questions when you only have interest in others that share your own views.
We post them as bait, to reel in the tasty liberal blowfish, who we chew up and spit out. Lucky for us, you fools take the bait every time!! Whoa, looks like I got another bite🐡🐡🐡

Old 12-15-2016, 11:41 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
research more.... but before you do, ask yourself, did you think the Multiple Trillions ran up by the Bush collapse and his war cost which HAVE CONTINUED and the damage he left could be fixed for free? Because if you did, you are very much unaware.

If you want to talk about 1978, then you need to look across a long line of Presidents, and likely you should give your focus to Reagan, Bush 1 and then Bush 2, Because the only upticks in the American system and it's economy have come during the Clinton and Obama Administrations.

Geez.... I'd say you maybe need to dance away from the right wing delusions and actually see out what is real truths.
Job growth since the has outpaced any time in history of America..... maybe you've been asleep.
Quote:
The topic is not about Bush. Please don't try to hijack this thread.
Waldo, just like many liberals, he is too lazy to do his own work. Easier to jump on your thread than start his own. Plus, nobody would respond to a dopey thread about Bush.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
I'm surprised that Hillary hasn't made a speech about the Russians. Practically everyone else in the Democrat party has along with their dogs, the MSM.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:06 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Clinton won the Election, the investigations will prove it! There is no way a candidate such as Trump could win, it just wasn't possible.
I can just picture you sitting in the corner, rocking and sucking your thumb while saying this.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:21 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Quote:
MSM told us for more than a year that Trump would never be President, that he wasn't even a real candidate. That he stood no chance against Hillary's well oiled ground game. All the kings horses and all the kings men were at Hillary's beck & call.

Yet Trump won against Hillary Clinton.

So what was the reason that Hillary lost? Was it the Russians, Was it James Comey, Was it "Fake News", what was it? Or could it have simply been that Hillary was a horrible choice for President.
I think by far the best answer is Hillary Clinton herself. Option 5.

Options 1 and 3 (the Russians and James Comey) are actually Hillary's fault, if she did nothing wrong then there would have been nothing to expose in the first place. When there is smoke, there is fire.

Option 2 (Fake News), if by fake news you mean misleading, exaggerated and in some cases outright propaganda then IMHO fake news probably hurt her main opponent Donald Trump and his supporters more than it hurt Hillary.

Option 4 (she is a woman) is more debatable. While I do not speak for others, I could care less that what gender Hillary is. My guess is that Hillary probably got more votes because she is a woman than she lost because she is a woman.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:24 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Hillary exposed herself for the greasy politician she is when she all of a sudden adopted Sanders "free college" thing without really thinking it through. Even my wife, a true blue Democrat was completely turned off by that.

But it was the 2nd Comey email investigation that sealed her doom.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:28 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
what I don't get is why did we have an election if we weren't going to be allowed to have whoever wasn't hillary in office?
I would have voted for our local dog catcher over Hillary. I was going to vote for whoever had the best chance to beat her or prevent her from winning.

I was thinking of voting Jill Stein just to hurt her in my State, but Stein ended up being so weak and lame that she was a non-factor so I just voted Trump and Hillary won my State anyway so my strategy was a complete failure. But the war was won thank God.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:46 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Trump won where it counted,
Odd thing is righties won the presidency the senate and the house,youd think they would be celebrating and talking about how great America will evidently be but all i'[m hearing is an endless litany of hate toward Hillary/Democrats/Liberals/immigrants etc.
The reason you see all the animosity toward the left is for many reasons:

1) Anyone who supported or voted for Trump were vilified in the media. We were called cultists, traitors, misogynists, homophobic, islamaphobic, etc. This one I personally don't care about because my skin is thicker than Trumps.

2) The deplorable remark. How condescending can you get?

3) Putting illegal aliens on the stage at the DNC convention. Nice slap in the face to all American citizens.

4) The complete and total meltdown of the left after the election. I'm really surprised there weren't mass suicides in compounds. I wonder how the millennials will survive to adulthood. They're not ready for the real world. If I was able to do it, I'd send a shipment of pacifiers to every college in the country.

5) The refusal of Hillary or Obama to call for an end to the violent protests after the election. In my opinion Hillary wanted the whole country to burn. If she can't have it, no one can.

6) The constant challenges to the election results:

a) Recounts - yeah, this was just Jill Stein checking the integrity of the process. Sure. Without any help from Hillary. Sure it was. That's the ticket.

b) Threaten the electors and call for Trumps impeachment before he even takes office - I put this together because it shows sheer panic and no thought process at all. If Trump is impeached you'll have President Pence. I guarantee you he'll be the left's worst nightmare and 10x worse than Trump. If you get the electors to change their vote by coercion (mobster tactics) they won't vote for Hillary. They would likely vote for some other Republican. No one would get 270 and it goes to the House. If you think the Republican controlled House will vote for Hillary, you're crazier than I thought.

c) The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming! - You're screaming that the Russians "hacked" the election and stole it from Hillary. Another move that shows crazy desperation. Assuming it's true (which I don't believe for a second), you're upset that the Russians revealed what scumbags Hillary and the DNC are??? Are you kidding? And America never tried to interfere in another country's election.....*cough*Obama and Israel*cough*...

7) DNC and Hillary conspire to cheat, lie and steal their way to the presidency. Bernie? Sorry old man, but the queen has been anointed and you don't have a chance. The "crazy" Bernie supporters were right. Debates?? Sorry, Hillary can't be expected to actually think on her feet. She has to have the questions ahead of time courtesy of her good buddy Donna Brazile, who, by the way, is still the chair of the DNC.

I'm just scratching the surface.

Yeah, I don't see why there's such outrage from the right.

Last edited by Mike930; 12-16-2016 at 07:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections