Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:53 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

Her stock will rise. It's always better for ratings to be the opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 05:54 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Don't feel too bad, Bob, we gave it our best shot and that was all we could do. All of us, even the experts, failed to recognize how much hatred and bigotry there was seething within people.

I went to a restaurant last night to get take out, so we could eat in front of the TV. Sitting a couple of seats away from me, watching the TV there, were two guys and they were discussing the election. One of them turned to me and said "What time do they elect the President ?" I didn't understand the question, so I asked him what he meant. He said "What time do they elect the President? again. I finally said, "Well, there is no set time, it looks like a long night and may go into the morning hours."

As they sat there, the two of them talked more about the election and one of them said to the other "Once Trump gets in there we are going to get all these mooching N-word's and foreigners the Hell out of this country and give it back to us working people ! I'm tired of paying for them !"

Sadly, this is the base Trump played to, and, although all of his supporters will deny being racist or bigots, he tapped into that secret little place they were afraid to show, until now. The blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, and a lot of other non whites should have a lot of reasons to be concerned right now.

One other man in history had the same views, and look where that ended up.
You still don't get it. That arrogance is why your side lost. Welcome to your nightmare!

Old 11-09-2016, 05:58 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Don't feel too bad, Bob, we gave it our best shot and that was all we could do. All of us, even the experts, failed to recognize how much hatred and bigotry there was seething within people.
Nope.

You failed to realize that real Americans were concerned about......

• Jobs vs Trade Deals
  • Terrorism
  • Illegal Immigration
  • Unnecessary Wars of Choice
  • Career politicians bought out by big money
It's not any more complicated than that.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:01 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:

I went to a restaurant last night to get take out, so we could eat in front of the TV. Sitting a couple of seats away from me, watching the TV there, were two guys and they were discussing the election. One of them turned to me and said "What time do they elect the President ?" I didn't understand the question, so I asked him what he meant. He said "What time do they elect the President? again. I finally said, "Well, there is no set time, it looks like a long night and may go into the morning hours."

As they sat there, the two of them talked more about the election and one of them said to the other "Once Trump gets in there we are going to get all these mooching N-word's and foreigners the Hell out of this country and give it back to us working people ! I'm tired of paying for them !"

Sadly, this is the base Trump played to, and, although all of his supporters will deny being racist or bigots, he tapped into that secret little place they were afraid to show, until now. The blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, and a lot of other non whites should have a lot of reasons to be concerned right now.

The ones that are here legally have nothing to worry about ...

And the base Trump played to .... pretty damn big.

Time to drain the swamp and get rid of the freeloaders ...

Old 11-09-2016, 06:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Sad to see that Putin's guy won ..
And yet..... SURPRISE! HE DEFEATED THE CLINTON CARTEL...

Old 11-09-2016, 06:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:

What y'all failed to realize is by campaigning the way the Dems did with violence,cheating,vandalism and threats all you did was drive more people to Trump and/or force them into stealth mode.
Y'all brought this upon yourselves, maybe if they'd not cheated Bernie out of his chance? We'll never know...

Old 11-09-2016, 06:11 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And yet..... SURPRISE! HE DEFEATED THE CLINTON CARTEL...
I know! My head is still spinning! Trump beat the Clinton Crime Family and is alive to celebrate the fact! You know, I honestly worried about him having an "accident" like so many others that were a threat to the Clintons in the past.

All I am hearing is sour grapes. They continue to harp on things not related to the issues whining that it should have had an impact on the results. Maybe they need to regroup. I had read that over a year ago, people were surveyed about what they wanted in a candidate and "honesty" was at the top of the list.

"Stronger Together"? Good triumphs over evil.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:11 AM

589 posts, read 390,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wasn't she one of the "limousine liberals" who said she would be moving to Canada if Trump were elected?
its HE sir................lol.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:12 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,603 times
Quote:
You think Hillary Clinton was your best shot? That blind devotion to a criminal candidate is the reason you lost. Almost any other democrat would probably have won easily. Don't blame imaginary hatred for your loss. Your deluded view of a corrupt and power hungry, greedy, conniving 'a hole' of a candidate is why you dems are such losers today.

🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗

Old 11-09-2016, 06:14 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
She'll suck on lemons and drink sour milk like usual before her show and rail against every little thing Trump says or does, real or imagined. I don't know how the people of MSNBC all get that constipated look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections