Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 06:14 AM

19,651 posts, read 9,192,474 times

Advertisements

No, not because Trump won -- I voted for Johnson -- but because I think this proves that the election results were not rigged.

If there truly was some kind of power system in play in which some members of "the elite" determined the outcome of POTUS elections, there is no way, I think, that they would allow someone like Trump to win.

Of course, I could be wrong again -- I don't exactly have the most devious mind in the world, lol -- but today I am smiling despite a Trump victory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 06:23 AM

8,307 posts, read 3,900,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
No, not because Trump won -- I voted for Johnson -- but because I think this proves that the election results were not rigged.

If there truly was some kind of power system in play in which some members of "the elite" determined the outcome of POTUS elections, there is no way, I think, that they would allow someone like Trump to win.

Of course, I could be wrong again -- I don't exactly have the most devious mind in the world, lol -- but today I am smiling despite a Trump victory.
Did anyone anywhere actually believe the elections or the polls were "rigged"? Except a few people on the far, far fringes of sanity? That was one of the more ridiculous claims of Donald Trump.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:19 AM

19,651 posts, read 9,192,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Did anyone anywhere actually believe the elections or the polls were "rigged"? Except a few people on the far, far fringes of sanity? That was one of the more ridiculous claims of Donald Trump.
Yes, I really thought that was a possibility after the 2000 disaster. I also could not believe that Obama was REelected -- I did vote for him in 2008, btw -- after he had showed his true colors (honestly, no pun intended).

So, yes, although I am not stupid and I certainly don't think I am insane (lol), I truly did think that "the elite" would not allow Trump to win!

P.S. I will also remind people at the risk of stating the obvious that the majority of white Americans are NOT racists or else Obama would never have been elected at all. I think it took eight years of Obama and minority protests and "special snowflakes" and extreme political correctness to make many people say, "ENOUGH already!" And, of course, HRC herself contributed to the Trump victory.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:22 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,809,642 times
If people vote for Trump, Trump will win... period... I been saying it for a long while... I notice the media, polls, and hollywood holes were trying to do voter intimidation and suppress the vote... I am glad that others saw through it and voted... The republicans have WON three elections now, the elections the democrats predicted they would steamroll over the competition... America prove democrats were dead wrong...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:25 AM

245 posts, read 132,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If people vote for Trump, Trump will win... period... I been saying it for a long while... I notice the media, polls, and hollywood holes were trying to do voter intimidation and suppress the vote... I am glad that others saw through it and voted... The republicans have WON three elections now, the elections the democrats predicted they would steamroll over the competition... America prove democrats were dead wrong...
Yep so true, I'm not one to usually get into big conspiracy theories but over the last year I honestly was really starting to believe that George Soros was behind everything, largely because of what was going on in Europe trying to be repeated here and leaked emails about his open society, etc. Not sure what we are in for with Trump yet, but we have nothing to lose and a change will be nice to observe, We couldn't have made it another 4-8 years with progressives so its nice to see Middle America and working people actually make their voice heard and tell off the hollywood and media elites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections