Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 07:13 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Geez....you havent learned anything from this election have you?

Just double down on identity politics and shove the establishment down the throat of the voters?

"he's young, he will get the young vote".

"he's black, he will get the black vote".

He's this, he will get this vote.

Get real!
Booker is a good choice. His story is compelling and he comes off extremely optimistic. Granted right now he still a little to center in his politics for my liking. But I sure he can move futher left if required.

But let's see how trump does in his first two years and the results of the midterms before we get too enthusiastic about future canidates.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:22 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Excuse me. But didn't you hate on Bernie when was running against your girl Hillary?

You have no right to use his name.
+50. I remember well the few Clinton fans back then.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:11 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
I'm keeping my eye on Rep. Tulsi Gabbard. She's a bit of badass, young and not part of the old dem guard. I like that she's a vet, she wants to restore Glass-Steagall, against TPP...

Gabbard has said, "The TPP agreement will benefit Wall Street banks and multinational corporations on the backs of hard-working Americans, and it will increase existing threats to our environment...If it contains the same noxious provisions we suspected it would, I will do all I can to defeat the TPP when it comes before Congress for a final up-or-down vote."

In 2016, she was cited as a major so-called "Saudi Skeptic." She was a notable opposer of a $1.15 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia, and was quoted in The Hill as saying, "Saudi Arabia continues to spend billions of dollars funding the spread of the Wahhabi Salafist ideology that fuels groups like ISIS, al Qaeda and other jihadist groups around the world. The U.S. must stop arming Saudi Arabia, stop fueling this fire and hold Saudi Arabia accountable for their actions."

AND THIS!

Furthermore, when on CNN she stated to Wolf Blitzer, "I think we should ask the reverse question, [which] is what is the United States doing to hold Saudi Arabia accountable for being the number one promoter of radical Islamic extremism, not only in their own country, but around the world, spending hundreds of billions of dollars in funding madrassas and schools and books and media outreach trying to influence people towards this ideology that fuels ISIS, fueling al Qaeda, what to speak of the direct and indirect support that Saudi Arabia and some of these other Gulf states gives directly to the enemy that we are supposed to be fighting and defeating. So, I think it is an important time and question for us, in the United States, to ask: Is Saudi Arabia willing to be our ally? And if they are, then they need to stop this funding, stop this support of Islamic extremists, stop promoting that ideology, and stand with us and focus on defeating our enemy: ISIS."

And she resigned her vice-chair position with the DNC in protest against the shortened debate schedule.

Gabbard stated, "It's very dangerous when we have people in positions of leadership who use their power to try to quiet those who disagree with them. When I signed up to be vice-chair of the DNC, no one told me I would be relinquishing my freedom of speech and checking it at the door." And she's opposed to super delegates.

On October 28, 2016, Bernie Sanders was declared an eligible write-in candidate for president in California. As a requirement for that ballot formality, Tulsi Gabbard was named his vice-presidential running mate.

And finally...she's pro-environment, pro-choice, supporter of full LGBT protection.

And really finally, this...

An October 2016 batch of leaks from Wikileaks contained an email from the Clinton campaign to Gabbard reprimanding her for endorsing Bernie Sanders for president. Darnell Strom and Michael Kives remarked that they were "impressed by your intellect, your passion, and commitment to getting things done on behalf of the American people. For you to endorse a man who has spent almost 40 years in public office with very few accomplishments, doesn't fall in line with what we previously thought of you." They go on to say, "to support the sinking Bernie Sanders ship is disrespectful to Hillary Clinton" and "we no longer trust your judgment so will not be raising money for your campaign."

I think she's the real deal. I'll be watching her closely and reaching out to encourage a run in 2020.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:14 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
That's what I am saying Gabbard/Polli

Old 11-09-2016, 08:19 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Bernie Sanders likely will be dead in 2020. If not, the guy will be 79 years old. That's un-electable.

Michelle Obama is un-electable right out of her stint in the Blight House.

Elizabeth Warren will be 71 four years from now. She's done.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:19 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
+50. I remember well the few Clinton fans back then.
I think it was Daywalk that wanted to sue me for libel for accusing Clinton of rigging the primary.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:26 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
That's what I am saying Gabbard/Polli
I don't know Polli. Rep., Senator, other?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:29 PM

515 posts, read 624,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaiyne View Post
Isn't Hillary gonna run every 4 years until she dies?
Correct. She won't make it to another.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:33 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Well we had a repeat of 2000. Lets all hope Nutty Don does not pull a Bush in the next few years and kill the economy.
The average GDP growth was higher under G.W. Bush than it was under "nutty" Obama.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:35 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
Joe Biden!
Colin Powell!

most likely Cuomo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections