Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:13 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times

Advertisements

He won the hearts of Middle America, plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 11:15 AM

8,694 posts, read 11,081,311 times
I will admit I voted for Trump because I couldn't stomach Hillary. Btw, I voted for Obama in 2008

I knew Trump had a good chance. I didn't believe the biased MSM and Pollster. They are a dying legacy for a reason

Old 11-09-2016, 11:15 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I believe Trump won because the American people want someone who is REALLY listening to them regarding healthcare costs, jobs, the economy, the inhuman treatment of our veterans and troops, big government, thousands of regulations that have crippled our economy and cost the taxpayers more. Trump is not a politician and the people are fed up with Washington, who spend their time raising money for their campaigns rather than listening to the people.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:35 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I believe Trump won because the American people want someone who is REALLY listening to them regarding healthcare costs, jobs, the economy, the inhuman treatment of our veterans and troops, big government, thousands of regulations that have crippled our economy and cost the taxpayers more. Trump is not a politician and the people are fed up with Washington, who spend their time raising money for their campaigns rather than listening to the people.
All of that, and the vilification of Trump supporters really hurt. We are not all uneducated, violent racist *gasp* white people. People have real issues in this country, and last night was the first time I heard the mainstream media actually talk about these voters like they had real pressing issues. There was still a bit of a sneer, but perhaps some understanding too.

You can call people violent, uneducated rubes, but the Internet is filled with videos of violence being committed against them. So, the press can no longer filter what people can see. Wikileaks showed the corruption, and was nearly ignored by most media. Project Veritas showed even more corruption, and put the lie to all that supposed violence at Trump rallies.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:47 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Besides what's already been listed here I think most people realize the last 8 years have been a failure. The media will never say it and they'll cover it up by saying Trump won because most didn't like Clinton which is somewhat true. If the past 8 years were so successful she would've won by a landslide. This is more proof the past 8 years were bad because all the Obama voters would've come out and voted for Hillary,they didn't!. Taking Ohio was huge and PA hasn't voted R since Reagan. The message was clear and now with control of the house and senate there's no excuses!

Old 11-09-2016, 11:48 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Old 11-09-2016, 11:51 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
he won because his ideas were the best
I especially like cuts to education and clean air and water...I cannot wait for the USA to be like New Delhi when the coal industry is revitalized..

Old 11-09-2016, 11:54 AM

237 posts, read 245,693 times
Because people are sick of what's been going on. They're tired of the bias and corruption, some much so, they voted someone most people thought was a joke when he announced he would run. They're tired of spending all our money on other countries when ours is so jacked up. They've had enough of silencing the majority to please the minority. They don't want their rights stepped on just to give others more.They're sick of the media, who lied to use this whole election. They're tired of the excuses people give for Hillary's blatant disregard for rules and laws. It's so bad, it's come to this.

I am a hispanic woman who voted for trump. I was raised by democrats. I lived most of my life hearing about how great democrats are for minorities, in 35 years I haven't seen them do a damn thing for anyone of any color. They only care about you during the election. Most never realize they're a pawn.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:57 AM

578 posts, read 458,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
According to this guy it was the KKK:

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/stat...49464826687488

Old 11-09-2016, 11:59 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Actually more people voted for Clinton than voted for Trump for whatever reason!
Maybe so ..... BUT, they were not the people in the places that counted. Does it matter that the West Coast California nuts voted for Clinton, while the middle class in the Mid West did not? Her "popular vote" is pretty meaningless when it mostly comes from a sector that is totally out of touch with the rest of the Nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections