Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 02:59 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
It's not what I or you are "talking about". It's the data and reality of other serious matters that are happening in CA you fail to acknowledge.
Just quit talking about data. Looking things up on the Internetz is clearly not your strong suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
And nice ignore over the rest of my post about the major homeless problem out there that's getting far worse in cities like LA, San Fran, and now even San Diego, human poop maps to avoid human feces around San Fran, well payed tech workers living out of their cars around silicon valley because they can't afford basic rent, etc. But that's ok. You live in NYC apparently and think CA is a paradise and probably have never lived there and want to defend the dems/libs out there and not take ownership of all the major problems that I've pointed out that's going on in CA. The river of denial is long.
And what about the one in 9 residents of Arizona living in trailer parks?

Old 11-11-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I find it hilarious that the liberal Cali peeps pushing to leave the union think that they'll take all the tech companies, all the entertainment, all of this or that with them and be their own little private utopia. LOL! Good luck with that. Your thoughts are simply not rooted in reality. But you're more than welcome to leave. In fact, I would just about guarantee that the rest of the US would be just fine. Anything you can do in California, we can do elsewhere.
Um, no you can't. You can't replicate Silicon Valley in the middle of Alabama. If you could, Alabama would be rich instead of being one of the poorest states in the Union.

If BosWash left, that would essentially be most of the economic might of the country. Harvard, M.I.T., CalTech, Bell Labs, etc. would all be gone.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:02 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Right. Because you and your friends have such a commanding grasp of datasets.

This subforum may be a hellhole but there are other subs on C-D where people do get quite into factual minutiae.
So trailer park data is what you consider some kind of data set.
So if there's more low income projects in NYC than in Phoenix but Phoenix has more trailer parks, then that's supposed to mean something?
Any other straws you're trying to grasp?
Do you have stats on how much spam is consumed per capita for each city so we can get a real data set here so CA can figure out if it should leave the union ?
I really don't get your point in all this.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Any stats or links? Or just conjecture? Thanks to low interest rates, the economy is good even in Kentucky. In fact it's so good, the majority of Northeast and CA residents are moving to the south and Texas.
I'm guessing you've never actually been to Kentucky.
California has the largest economy in the country. It will be huge with legalized marijuana.

Also the least dependent on federal money.

There are plenty of links--look it up on Wikipedia.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:06 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
The "majority" of Northeastern and California residents are moving to the South and Texas?

Go to the Census Data Mapper.

https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data...atamapper.html

Then tell me whether a majority of residents of the Northeast and California "are moving to the south and Texas."
Enough to matter:
Which states will gain seats in Congress come 2020, and which will lose? Here's a very early look

Old 11-11-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
California has the largest economy in the country. It will be huge with legalized marijuana.

Exactly. These are the people who are literally pushing the global economy forward. What innovation is coming out of South Carolina?

Why would California be worse off with states that don't produce much of anything? Most of these Red States have economies based off military bases, state government and resource extraction (if they are lucky).

Old 11-11-2016, 03:07 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Exactly. These are the people who are literally pushing the global economy forward. What innovation is coming out of South Carolina?
Admit it, you've never even been to South Carolina.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:08 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I find it hilarious that the liberal Cali peeps pushing to leave the union think that they'll take all the tech companies, all the entertainment, all of this or that with them and be their own little private utopia. LOL! Good luck with that. Your thoughts are simply not rooted in reality. But you're more than welcome to leave. In fact, I would just about guarantee that the rest of the US would be just fine. Anything you can do in California, we can do elsewhere.
It has been a tough election for them with their parties horrible loss in the presidency and congress.

The Democratic Party Has Exploded | The Huffington Post

They are a little restless it seems that the country has denounced their platform and don't want them running the show anymore. And when you see them start trying to paint a rose on a garbage can with rancid garbage and tell everyone it smells nice and try to convince their party is doing a good job despite what the voters said, well, the river of denial is a long one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

If there's one state that doesn't need a population more out of touch with reality.....

Perhaps that's their answer to the major homeless problem there in "paradise" and still growing? Can you see it?....."solving the homeless and fleeing of the middle class problem, one toke at a time".

L.A. tops nation in chronic homeless population - LA Times

Data shows San Francisco has second highest homeless population in United States | abc7news.com

San Diego homeless population climbs to fourth highest in the U.S. - LA Times

And btw, CA better have the biggest economy in the nation. Just area size/population wise, about 2/3 of the east coast, it should. One most compare apples to apples here.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:09 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
The only momentum for this is on this board. I wish they would lock this nonsense already.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Admit it, you've never even been to South Carolina.
I've actually been to SC many times, including that fine now-closed restaurant, Trawlers, in Mount Pleasant.

But seriously, what innovation comes out of South Carolina? The state only has one Fortune 500 company.

https://www.geolounge.com/fortune-50...tate-for-2015/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections