Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 08:46 PM

515 posts, read 620,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If you life is nice, live in a nice home, nice area, good job, you prob be ok-but those who are all mixed in together , illegals with legals, poorer, bad neighborhoods - big cities, wear a scarf or work at 711/. The new president has not spoken well of these groups - people are afraid, now the dreamser lose their status. Even overseas is leery, -Cuba called a military alert !! I freaking hope he does not turn back the clock eith the Cubans,,, Get out of your own back yards. It's not just about you ...
Yes, special benefits for Cubans should be one of the first things he eliminates.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:48 PM

35,311 posts, read 20,685,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Yes, special benefits for Cubans should be one of the first things he eliminates.
The relationship to open with Cubans needs to stay open, trump plans on closing the door again. taking us backwards in everything is not prudent or wise.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:49 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,264,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Reading multiple threads here on how bad it's going to be under Trump and how their rights and freedoms will be taken away. Racist talk, calamity predictions - very paranoid and they have no reason to be. Heck I read a story about some people promoting on twitter that Trump should be shot.

This must the be result of hundreds of millions of dollars in (false) advertising - conditioning their electorate to believe the guy is Satan. How is that the party that brings people together - the party of equality and values ? Why so paranoid ?
I live in a city where pot was legalized for some time now. As much as it helps medical patients etc. there is no denying the anxiety and paranoia inducing side effects of this drug.

If you drug tested the protesters in any city, you would find the majority have cannabis in their system. That is why pot and protests go hand in hand.

Right now , as the protests are underway, some reporters have attempted to interview some of the protesters and the answers are the same drug fueled Jackass type displays of vulgarity and ignorance.

On CNN :

Reporter : So why are you so angry about Trump being elected

Protester : Because Trump does not represent me or my peers.......we gonna grab Trump by the p***y

On FOX :

Reporter : Will you support the election of Donald Trump

Protester : F**k Trump aight .....Trump is a**hole .....Dump the Trump ...all while he places face in camera

Well at least the Police will get some overtime tonight. Good for them.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:50 PM

22,281 posts, read 11,772,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I'm not the one with the problem. Listen to the people, what they feel and what they heard.. Or Stick your head in the sand, they are not going anywhere. We know racism is very much alive, and minimizing people's fears not helping . The president elect was not inclusive in his speaking.
Total nonsense---and you know it, too.

If "the people" you know believe that garbage, they have problems.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:51 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,286,436 times
Change is scary for people . It's different this time .
They know this will be more sweeping than Bush.

Trumps philosophy is to do BIG things and although many have downplayed his accomplishments I think deep down they realize he can actually accomplish big things .

Old 11-09-2016, 08:52 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,770,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post

On FOX :

Reporter : Will you support the election of Donald Trump

Protester : F**k Trump aight .....Trump is a**hole .....Dump the Trump ...all while he places face in camera

Well at least the Police will get some overtime tonight. Good for them.
lol stay class Democrats. They are embarrassing the entire Democratic party.

It's pretty fun to watch the left completely implode.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:54 PM

1,874 posts, read 1,313,803 times
What are they protesting? Not getting their way? Not getting the outcome they wanted? This is the result of the self esteem movement where no one loses and everyone wins. This is why these people are freaking out. They literally spaz out and don't know what to do with themselves since they were always told they were special. And the world should cater to their every whim. Keep crying you self entitled little brats.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:58 PM

35,311 posts, read 20,685,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Total nonsense---and you know it, too.

If "the people" you know believe that garbage, they have problems.
You have no clue, I live in Orlando, and from Miami know people in Texas. You can't see ,,, have no idea.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:02 PM

1,043 posts, read 893,609 times
You can blame it on 2 things:

1. Hillary spewing her disgusting rhetoric (deplorables, etc)

2. The state run media who successfully brainwashed a bunch of non-critical thinkers.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,636,284 times
I'm a moderate. I'm a Democrat but in a lot of ways they've gone too far left for me. But I'm still scared and I'm happy to tell you why. Because Trump is a fast talking bully with no impulse control, no real plan (just words), and a skanky attitude. He's an egomaniac who talks a good game but IMHO is just putting on a show - it's all about him. I'm afraid in his ignorance that he will wreck the economy, start WWIII, or both.

I'd like to add that I'd love to see the manufacturing jobs come back (good jobs with good benefits). I'm tired of buying stuff made in China. And I also agree that US companies that send jobs overseas ought to be penalized for that. But here's the thing - it is a delicate balance and has to be handled with kid gloves. Trump is a bull in a china shop. And there are consequences to all of these actions. We'll alienate our friends and make our enemies even madder. Who will buy our products besides us? What about raw materials we have to get from other countries? What about China - just looking for a reason to start a war over Taiwan? And once that happens, it is kiss your butt goodbye. And I hate China - but I'm not quite ready to have them bomb us back to the Stone Age.

Not to mention that Trump has to have Congress work with him. Yet if he does, he'll prove that he's a fraud since his entire campaign was based on him being an "outsider". I heard (but don't know if it's true) that he's going to give Chris Christie a cabinet position. And Newt! Talk about your established GOPers!

But hey, it's his game now. Let's see how good he plays it. Me, I'm going to buy a gun so at least I'll be armed when the you-know-what hits the fan. Oh - my demographics are 58 year old women, college educated, good white collar job, originally from Tennessee but living in California (another reason I'm buying a gun - before they outlaw it here altogether) - told you I was a moderate.

Last edited by Spikett; 11-09-2016 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections