Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 07:14 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times

Advertisements

How many people didn't vote because they felt that their vote wouldn't count?

That she won the popular vote means nothing really.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:14 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
The Dems only slightly win the popular vote sometimes because of cities like Philly that have a lot of poor, uneducated inner city people.
Poor people in inner cities vote for Democrats like 95 percent of the time, no matter what. It's the most slanted demographic and a huge boon to Democrats that seek election.

and like I said the numbers would be different anyway if it was a popular vote system. Because it would change how many people vote in each state. Under the EC system people such as myself stay home because they know their state is already wrapped up.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:16 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post

Exactly ... some folks would have voted for Aileen Wuornos if she was alive and running - just to see the first woman president elected.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The FBI did not run to the media.

On the other hand it's the media's job to find these things out and report on it.

Remember, if Clinton had done no wrong, then the media reporting on it should have been welcomed. Get back to me when you have that sorted out.
I stick to what I said. FBI should simply have done their job, and not interfere with the elections.

We will never know who would have won had they not interfered.

I voted for Johnson, and will give Trump a chance, but the truth will remain that these elections were tampered with. That fact will never change.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:18 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
More voters chose Clinton. The Electoral College does it again, for the 5th time in history.

"There are still more votes to be counted, but it looks almost certain that despite losing the presidency, Hillary Clinton will win the popular vote.

And likely by a million or more votes — a much larger margin than Al Gore enjoyed in 2000, when he too was denied by the Electoral College even though he nominally had more votes.
Put more starkly: It appears Americans chose Clinton, but got Trump."

Electoral College Lesson: More Voters Chose Clinton, but Trump Will Be President - NBC News

Why Electoral College wins are bigger than popular vote ones | Pew Research Center

Electoral College About To Screw Democrats For Second Time In 20 Years | Huffington Post
Dude, it doesn't matter. We won, you lost. No free college for you. Say the words: President Trump! LOL

Old 11-10-2016, 07:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post

It means nothing in this system. She is not complaining about it, but interestingly Trump did complain about is earlier in the campaign. He called the electoral system rigged and "a disaster". The fact that she and Trump both received 6 million votes less than Obama in 2012 speaks for their popularity.

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
More voters chose Clinton. The Electoral College does it again, for the 5th time in history.

"There are still more votes to be counted, but it looks almost certain that despite losing the presidency, Hillary Clinton will win the popular vote.

And likely by a million or more votes — a much larger margin than Al Gore enjoyed in 2000, when he too was denied by the Electoral College even though he nominally had more votes.
Put more starkly: It appears Americans chose Clinton, but got Trump."

Electoral College Lesson: More Voters Chose Clinton, but Trump Will Be President - NBC News

Why Electoral College wins are bigger than popular vote ones | Pew Research Center

Electoral College About To Screw Democrats For Second Time In 20 Years | Huffington Post

Because we are the United States. We are not 50 counties in a State called America.

Each state has votes based upon population of each state.

States elect presidents and use to appoint Senators from the smaller districts within the state. Same reason for the 2/3rds rule.

If each state should had 1 electoral vote each... Would that help the cause?

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I stick to what I said. FBI should simply have done their job, and not interfere with the elections.
They did their job.
Quote:
They didn't interfere. If Clinton had done no wrong, she would not have been in this mess.
Quote:
I voted for Johnson, and will give Trump a chance, but the truth will remain that these elections were tampered with. That fact will never change.
I commend you for voting and for voting your conscience. Many of those complaining now apparently did not.

Remember it was the NYPD who found that laptop and discovered the emails, not the FBI. It was going to be exposed to the media regardless. Maybe if the FBI had been allowed to do their job in the first place instead of being shutdown by Obama's DOJ, the outcome might have been much different. We won't know that either but in any case, it seems to have backfired on Obama & Clinton.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:21 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
The fact that she and Trump both received 6 million votes less than Obama in 2012 speaks for their popularity.
Or something...

Old 11-10-2016, 07:22 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:

Comey did a lot of damage- and the congressmen- Chaffetz and Gowdey - hope karma visits them - chaffetz has his private server-- on the job...

but Trump wasn't to put Juliani in his cabinet?? he helped the leak - really??? Christie and his mob- sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections