Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:38 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Read the reports of the protestors actions and who they are and who they're assaulting. That's where you'll find hate and bigotry, with the democrat party, party of the KKK. What's ironic, is that you're posts are hate filled, imagine that.
It's pretty clear where the HATE in America is and who the "Deplorables" really are.

Twitter erupts with calls for the Donald to be killed after he wins the election |UK Daily Mail

Calls for Assassination, Riots, "Not my President" -- all this from the "Stronger Together" crowd and the "When They go Low, we go High" crowd. They are disgusting.

Portland Police Declare Riot In Third Day of Anti-Trump Protests

It's the The Rage Of The Cry-Babies - A Total Meltdown Tantrum, because they didn't get their way.

Just your typical Leftist Rant

Old 11-11-2016, 07:40 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm saying this, because unlike many of my other friends who live in a liberal bubble, I've been aware for at least two months that there was a very good chance Trump could win. I dealt with a lot of stress and anxiety as I read so many hate-filled posts against Hillary, etc., but at least I didn't have the complete and utter shock that so many others experienced on Tuesday. I cried off and on during election night, but unlike other people I wasn't in denial. Reality is a hard thing to grasp when you've been told something else for a long time. I was hoping the C-D polls weren't a reflection of America as a whole, but they turned out to be pretty accurate. (I'm not talking about the spread, just the fact that Trump won.) So, thanks again, election forum people. I'm in a better place emotionally and mentally because of you.
Sandy that was very brave of you to admit , don't let the fear and panic that is going on around you influence you . . This country has gotten out of hand as you can see on the news . We are the laughing stock of the world , we all need to work together and make our country proud .

Time will be an indicator and once again reading on CD the hateful posts such as he never will be our president yada, yada , they were wrong with the election and they hopefully will be wrong with the outcome.

As President Elect Trump says Let's make America Great Again .

Old 11-11-2016, 07:43 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
OK so what's your opinion on what the next four years will be like? Do you believe Trump will be a uniter or a divider? What do you want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I voted for Hillary. I'm in Massachusetts so my vote really didn't matter. My vote was a protest vote because Trump concerned me with his lack of experience for such a high office, but deep down I had more hope for a better future with Donald as opposed to with Hillary.

Trump spoke to the people from the ground up, while Hillary was speaking down at me, a white middle class worker who is struggling. She felt elitist to me. Donald IMO is the best chance at a more unified nation. It's the idiot humans that inhabit the USA that are dividing it.

Trump cannot unite those who do not wish to be united.

The media cannot get enough of the "racism is alive and well" narrative out there.

THAT IS A BIG PART OF THE REASON TRUMP WON.

Because we are TIRED of being told "if you don't support this lying crook you are a sexist".
We already heard this for the last 8 years except then we were "racists".

YES there are ignorant buffoons on both sides, but to keep shouting that 60M Americans elected Trump because we hate everybody except white men is STUPID and PETULANT.

Did you see the women vote. WOMEN were sick of the double standard.
I don't HAVE to vote for this terrible candidate because she is a woman. That is absurd.

They are STILL talking as though THAT WAS THE DRIVING FACTOR behind the election. "America just isn't ready for a woman President because deep down we are still a racist and sexist country".

That is not uniting anyone, but only creating fear and more hatred.

THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT!

The media knows the situation and they FEED IT.

What would I like to see?

I'd like to see some backbone. I'd like to see a crackdown from the Justice Department on ANY instances of ACTUAL RACISM. Make an example out of any bigots you have real evidence on. Good cops are getting killed because of the bad cops. It helps EVERYONE if we weed out the bad ones. I would also crack down on the FAKE incidences of racism.

I'd like to see a mandate from the Fed that EVERY employer MUST use e-verify, and enforce it with harsh penalties and large fines. Let ICE and the border patrol do their jobs. Withhold funding from sanctuary cities.

I'd like to see us spending our money on safe refugee camps in the ME. For the amount of OUR money it costs to take in 1 refugee we could help 5 that stayed there. It is absurd to have a struggling economy but still have open borders and refugees coming. IF we could turn our economy around and become prosperous again THEN we could look into allowing more people into the country. This isn't the 1800s when we have large swaths of uninhabited lands we need to populate. Immigration at this point should be restricted to those people who offer a net gain to the US. We have too many on the government dole as it is. It is ludicrous to add to that number by the thousands.

Those are just the first few things I think would be high on my priority list.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:49 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post

What would I like to see?

I'd like to see some backbone. I'd like to see a crackdown from the Justice Department on ANY instances of ACTUAL RACISM. Make an example out of any bigots you have real evidence on. Good cops are getting killed because of the bad cops. It helps EVERYONE if we weed out the bad ones.
This is encouraging - but I'd be willing to bet that a lot of your fellow Trumpists would disagree with this one. In any event, it's not illegal to be racist or a bigot. It's just stupid.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:46 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,685,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
The only hate out there is fabricated by the progressive liberal media and policies. This election was about a corrupt govt. and if anything - hate and bigotry was heaped on hard-working law-abiding Americans.
You are really stupid to believe this. The vast majority of incumbents was sent back to "the swamp". The corrupt government thing was just cover for bigoted people.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:48 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Donald Trump is thanking CNN all the way to the White House. They are the primary reason he got elected. Without their nearly continuous coverage of his every antic, he would have disappeared into obscurity.

Yes CNN helped Trump to win because their predictions always misguided the people on who was going to win .

Karma baby ! :

Old 11-11-2016, 08:53 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,685,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I know there are 10%-15% on each side that are extreme in their views. But for the remaining 70% or so, we pretty much want the same things.

If you want to look for hate and bigotry, you will find it.

If you want to look for people who are civil and just want to live their lives, you will find them.

Hate and bigotry did not get Trump elected. You are free to believe that lie if you want, but it's not true.

Just because Trump was elected does not mean all 59+ million people agree with every minute detail of his life. We are looking at our lives and what we need to get ahead, just like you (I assume). And even with Trump's flaws, he was chosen as the better option.

HRC has too many flaws that could not be overcome - rule of law matters and the whole email, FBI scandal did not pass the smell test. Obama did not help with how the country is being governed. People are upset at health premiums that his signature law put in place.

Most people have too many concerns right now to be worried about hate and bigotry. If you want to move ahead, try to understand that,
You are delusional. 59 million people who don't agree with Trump voted for him inspite of the fact that they think he is unqualified, overwhelmingly disapprove of him as a person and think that Clinton would have been better at steering the economy.

Clinton won the popular vote and Obama's approval rating is higher than Regan's.

Bigoted people in the upper Midwest voted against the coalition of brown people, queers, Jews and Intellectuals.

That's what happened here (and is happening abroad).

Old 11-11-2016, 08:58 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
You are delusional. 59 million people who don't agree with Trump voted for him inspite of the fact that they think he is unqualified, overwhelmingly disapprove of him as a person and think that Clinton would have been better at steering the economy.

Clinton won the popular vote and Obama's approval rating is higher than Regan's.

Bigoted people in the upper Midwest voted against the coalition of brown people, queers, Jews and Intellectuals.

That's what happened here (and is happening abroad).
Sheep's gonna believe what the media tells them to believe.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:38 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
his portion of the black vote, the Hispanic vote, and the youth vote went UP compared to Mitt Romney.

The reason you lost is because Obama and the left's policies FAILED and did not work for the vast majority of the voting public. Another huge factor was selecting the worst possible nominee in Hillary Clinton. Conservatives tried to tell you this, and so did the Sanders people, but the hubris of the liberal elite and their foot soldiers was and still is in denial.
^^^^^ This.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:11 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm saying this, because unlike many of my other friends who live in a liberal bubble, I've been aware for at least two months that there was a very good chance Trump could win. I dealt with a lot of stress and anxiety as I read so many hate-filled posts against Hillary, etc., but at least I didn't have the complete and utter shock that so many others experienced on Tuesday. I cried off and on during election night, but unlike other people I wasn't in denial. Reality is a hard thing to grasp when you've been told something else for a long time. I was hoping the C-D polls weren't a reflection of America as a whole, but they turned out to be pretty accurate. (I'm not talking about the spread, just the fact that Trump won.) So, thanks again, election forum people. I'm in a better place emotionally and mentally because of you.
There were some polls which consistently showed Trump leading Clinton in the months and weeks heading into election day, but those polls tended to get overshadowed by the more well known, mainstream polls. But the LA Times/USC poll had Trump up by about 2 points heading into election day, and that poll consistently showed Trump either tied with or ahead of Clinton in the months heading into election day. Another poll (I can't remember the exact name -- IPP/or TPP or something like that) routinely showed the race being much tighter than was reflected in the more well known polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections