Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 02:00 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,121,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Just because the outcome validated your prediction does not mean your prediction was based on foreknowledge of the outcome at the time it was made. It's really that simple. And I'd say the exact same thing on the Hillary side if she had won.

But I see this is over your head. Please continue to believe that you have magical election prediction abilities!
Don't cry. We can't always come out in first place. If it makes you feel better, maybe we can make a special participation award for a special member like yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 02:03 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,358,326 times
Quote:

But I see this is over your head. Please continue to believe that you have magical election prediction abilities!
Haha over my head? I said that all you had left was personal insult. Your actions speak for themselves as who is correct.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:07 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,358,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Saying Trump will win, is not the same as knowing he would win.

it is all an educated guess and none of these people guessed turnout was going to be this low on either side.
Nope. i said last year that thus election would be decided by just 5 things. Jobs vs outsourcing, unnecessary wars of choice, terrorism, illegal immigration, and crooked politicians.

On which of the 5 things did Hillary have any position?

Iwas proved 100% right.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:09 AM

29,377 posts, read 16,286,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. i said last year that thus election would be decided by just 5 things. Jobs vs outsourcing, unnecessary wars of choice, terrorism, illegal immigration, and crooked politicians.

On which of the 5 things did Hillary have any position?

Iwas proved 100% right.
none of which has anything to do with my post, which was about turnout, and you didnt predict that.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:13 AM

26,776 posts, read 15,016,453 times
Quote:
Congratulations on the worst logical analysis possible by any carbon-based lifeform on the planet.

You can always retroactively cherry-pick a sample who happened to guess right on an unknown outcome on basis of rote ideological allegiance. Doesn't mean they had some sort of a magic 8-ball in their heads.

Then there are those that didn't have a feel for the true current pulse of America................

Old 11-12-2016, 02:13 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,384,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haha over my head? I said that all you had left was personal insult. Your actions speak for themselves as who is correct.
I've been responding with specific, substantive logic to point out why your retroactive attribution bias is a fallacy. You haven't found your way to any sort of a rational response or rebuttal. Saying "I can't hear you; I said in 2015 it would happen; therefore, I KNEW" is not really a rational response. The personal insult stuff is a diversion; I merely said you appear ignorant of basic stats and logic, which so far you have only reinforced in your responses.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:20 AM

7,552 posts, read 8,584,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Michael Moore
That's right, and he warned... anyone else?

Old 11-12-2016, 02:44 AM

13,250 posts, read 7,671,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Ok, we've dug up most of the threads by people who swore Hillary was going to win. We should take a moment to recognize the posters who actually knew what they were talking about and correctly predicted the election outcome.

Trump will win and this is why... - louie0406
Trump will win due to low turnout. - stburr91
Here's proof that Trump will win this November - vision33r
Hillary is going to lose! - hothulamaui
BAM! - How Donald Trump will Beat Hillary Clinton - WaldoKitty
When Trump wins, we're going to see the biggest riots ever in America - KonaldDuth
Watch how the Liberals Riot in Streets when Trump Wins - Lovetosave
Riots like we have never seen in America if Trump wins - Texas Minded

Congratulations to these users. Your knowledge and commitment to reality is an inspiration to us all. I'm sure there are many more that I missed. If you know of any such threads, please post them below for recognition.

With regards to C-D eddiehaskell should also be mentioned.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:14 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,020,699 times
I think being lucky is better than being wrong.
Quote:
No, that is flat-out wrong. When you call a football game correctly, you got lucky. That's a sample of one. Repeat that experiment many more times and you will find that you don't have some special football game predictive abilities.

All these threads are from partisans who would ALWAYS call a Trump presidency NO MATTER WHAT. In fact, there are many predictions for both sides that are purely partisan.

The election result is binary. There is always be a side that won and within it, a sample that in hindsight was correct.

Doesn't mean they knew something special ahead of time.

This has nothing to do with liking Trump or not; it has to do with basic statistics and logic.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:23 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,020,699 times
Hated not being mentioned. I was a late comer to supporting President-Elect Trump. I admit it. But, then I'm conservative, you know slow to change. Ahh talk slow, too.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-election.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections