Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 05:48 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
As usual, I can not join the boycott (not that I want to anyway).
I looked at the list, and there are very few things there that I use on a regular basis. In fact, out of some 27 items, I think there were two that I use at all, and then not often.
It has been that way for nearly every boycott I have seen for at least five years!
All they are is futile posturing.
I think what many are not considering is that the "Trump Brand" is an International One.. In fact most regular American Citizen's could never afford most of them anyway. BUT Internationally..HUUUGE difference. Corporate boycott from carrying the brand..to the Big Buck people who can afford his Condo's, Resorts etc!!

Trump is not just disliked by Liberals..He's disliked by the the world ( except for Putin and ISSIS) ..SO the consequences could very well be detrimental. The smartest move Donald could do is to Put his whole conglomerate of businesses into a "Blind Trust" and have a separate 3rd party deal with it.. Keep your kids out of running that trust..ohhh wait..His kids in charge is not a "Blind Trust" BTW~~ No law against it..but the backlash could be devastating...

Anyway, Trumpet's constantly blame the Liberals/Hillary for everything..BUT the truth really is..Trump has acted like a pompous AH..and the WORLD DID HEAR every single word!! Maybe he can join up with Putin to take over the world...Ohhh wait..wouldn't that be Treason????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 05:49 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yep. I did not participate in that one, either.
some are calling for a boycott of Pepsico. My favorite drink is a "Dewpsi" (half Pepsi Cola and half Mountain Dew). I have a glass once or twice a month. My boycotting Pepsico would not even be noticed, so I won't bother.
IMO, boycotts are asinine.
You are too naive to realize where this country is heading to. You will see. You will be so powerless in the future when the GOP controls all the media and your streets, your only vote will be to stop consuming a product. It could be as insignificant as a can of coke.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:49 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Global boycott by crybaby liberals ...

And Macy's ... seriously ? How they doing these days ?

Old 11-12-2016, 05:50 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Trump didn't count on the fact that while he handily manipulated his way to a victory based on his campaign of hate and divisiveness (which was admittedly very effective) - he was effectively setting up half the American population, and others opponents all over the world, to vote with their wallets.

Not sure that Trump really had any idea how damaging becoming President would be to his businesses, and his brands. All he was thinking about (assuming he was thinking at all) was how fantastic it would be to win, at any cost.

And so it begins. Trump's will watch his dynasty disintegrate under his feet, because the boycott of his brands has begun in earnest.

Any quick google search will find convenient lists of his brands, should anyone feel the desire to vote with their wallet. Here are a few.

A Boycott on Trump Brands Urges Consumers to Hit Ivanka, Retailers in the Wallet

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ryan-...0222197459365/
Trump will still find a way to make a profit off of it.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:51 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
You are too naive to realize where this country is heading to. You will see. You will be so powerless in the future your only vote will be to stop consuming a product.
And you're too blind to see where it's already headed. Put your Ouija board away - you failed on the election call. I remember all of the useless threads from the summer ...

Old 11-12-2016, 05:54 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
I really doubt Michael Moore, Cher, Al Sharlpton et al were planning on spending much time at a Trump hotel anyway. They won't be missed..

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
I don't stay at Trump hotel because it's too expensive. In Las Vegas, there are so many hotels that are decent price so I don't bother. Same with Wynn hotel. Maybe I'm unconsciously boycott Trump hotel without knowing it.

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
And you're too blind to see where it's already headed. Put your Ouija board away - you failed on the election call. I remember all of the useless threads from the summer ...
And so what?

How does posting this improve your life? Did predicting the election put money in your pockets?

Where do you think we are heading? you elected a republican candidate who now spends his days talking to the GOP establishment. Did you even bother to check the agenda of the party you were voting for? Or did you only hear the "Make America great Again" part?

When the GOP starts replacing Medicare with vouchers and privatizing social security, are you gonna go back to your old city data posts and have a warm feeling because you predicted Trump would win?

Old 11-12-2016, 05:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
What next, Libbies boycotting hunting gear?

I guess we'll try to manage the hit

Old 11-12-2016, 06:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
I support the idea of boycotts in general but this is a total waste. There is absolutely nothing to gain. Trump no longer cares. He is now going down in history as the 45th president of the United States in one of the biggest upsets in history.

No matter what you do, his kids, his kids, kids and their kids, etc are not going to have to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections