Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 06:53 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo

How many times was this campaign lie told before it was broken?
So because Obama was a liar, it's OK for Trump to lie, too?

Old 11-14-2016, 06:57 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why should they be any different than anyone else?
I keep hearing that they are the decent, honest backbone of this country who voted for a man who would do the things he said he'd do.

I heard they voted for him because they were angry about being lied to by politicians.

Instead of Lyin' Ted, Little Marco and Crooked Hillary, what did we get?

Old 11-14-2016, 06:58 PM

9,980 posts, read 5,679,721 times
How to lose the election: prove it's possible to be an even worse candidate than a carnival-barking reality TV clown.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:05 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
So because Obama was a liar, it's OK for Trump to lie, too?
Nope, point being that this is FAR from something new. Anyone who is genuinely shocked that a politician lied should have their right to vote taken away because they are clearly too naive and ignorant of the election process to be able to come close to making an informed decision.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:56 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Uh, you just figured this out..
its been the standard practice for 50 or more years..
well, Hillary didn't get the memo

Old 11-14-2016, 10:00 PM

9,980 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
well, Hillary didn't get the memo
Does "one set of policies in public, one set in private" ring a bell? She WROTE the memo when she told her banker friends she won't actually implement the policies she's promoting.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:27 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
Quote:
Trump is backtracking on every promise, one by one.

First, he's keeping the components that make obamacare bankrupt.

Now he's keeping NATO, despite threatening to tear it apart.

He's no longer building a wall, and he's not making a strong effort to deport illegals.

Trump is becoming Obama 2.0.
Y'all can relax now.
Trump doesn't know wtf he's doing, so he'll leave everything more or less the same as obama left it.

So, to win the 2020 election, all you have to do to win is to make empty threats and promises and fool the people into voting for you.
In case you are unaware, Trump has no power until Jan 20th after he's sworn in. But yes, every politician makes promises that turn into lies, nothing new here.

I'm okay with everything Trump has done since elected. I do love a line Obama had after meeting with Trump...'reality has a way of asserting itself.' Great line Obama and Trump and his supporters will have to come to that point like Obama's supporters did.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:31 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Trump is backtracking on every promise, one by one.

First, he's keeping the components that make obamacare bankrupt.

Now he's keeping NATO, despite threatening to tear it apart.

He's no longer building a wall, and he's not making a strong effort to deport illegals.

Trump is becoming Obama 2.0.
Y'all can relax now.
Trump doesn't know wtf he's doing, so he'll leave everything more or less the same as obama left it.

So, to win the 2020 election, all you have to do to win is to make empty threats and promises and fool the people into voting for you.
You mean a politician made empty promises to get elected? Incredible!

Old 11-14-2016, 11:53 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You mean a politician made empty promises to get elected? Incredible!
Well, like everything else with Trump, his lies were just so much bigger and outrageous and 10x as frequent as that of his opponents.

So, yes, you could say - YUUUUUGEEEEE LIES - A MOUNTAIN OF LIES - A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL MOUNT EVEREST OF LIES.

Trump will not be outdone. He is competitive in everything he does, including his lies.

I am preparing for a huge calamity within seven-eight years. Last time we had a President elected with fewer popular votes, the country (and world) almost went off the abyss.

Nope, this won't end well. I predict massive borrowing to fund tax cuts for people who don't need them and WARS (esp. if Bolton is Sec. of State), rising interest rates, huge increase in national debt without corresponding economic growth, INFLATION, and a CRASH. Standard playbook for the GOP.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Preparing now - it's only a matter of time.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:08 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, like everything else with Trump, his lies were just so much bigger and outrageous and 10x as frequent as that of his opponents.

So, yes, you could say - YUUUUUGEEEEE LIES - A MOUNTAIN OF LIES - A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL MOUNT EVEREST OF LIES.

Trump will not be outdone. He is competitive in everything he does, including his lies.

I am preparing for a huge calamity within seven-eight years. Last time we had a President elected with fewer popular votes, the country (and world) almost went off the abyss.

Nope, this won't end well. I predict massive borrowing to fund tax cuts for people who don't need them and WARS (esp. if Bolton is Sec. of State), rising interest rates, huge increase in national debt without corresponding economic growth, INFLATION, and a CRASH. Standard playbook for the GOP.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Preparing now - it's only a matter of time.
Laughing at your ignorance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections