Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2016, 08:30 AM

1,529 posts, read 915,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.
Quote:
Why not read the article?

I'm not "mad" that "my candidate" lost. I'm not 4 years old: I don't get "mad" when I lose. Some people I've voted for (even including a Republican) have won, some have lost. My entire identity is not melded into a party or some political messiah. What I am is horrified that the person elected to the Office of the Presidency is so profoundly unqualified. And that horror comes precisely out of my support for my country. That said, when Obama won, not too many of you were willing to take the "buck up, for the good of America," etc., advice, were you?
Quote:
Your logic is tragically flawed, consistently. To equate not having government experience with being honest is simply bizarre. Not to mention the fact that Donald Trump is about as corrupt as they come; he has destroyed many lives through his cons. There's nothing "brilliant" about him. As for Obama's experience, I think it speaks for itself. There are other kinds of experience that speak excellence other than "business." And our country is not a "business."
Quote:
None of that is even remotely true about Hillary Clinton, outside the right-wing-media echo chamber. But I get that there's no disabusing you of your virulent belief that it is true. So I think we're done here.
Quote:
Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any President in the history of the country. And he's far from being a "hack." Good grief.
Quote:
How about all the people whose money he stole for that phony "Trump University"? Or the people he hired and then refused to pay? And then sent his lawyers to threaten if they even suggested that they would take him to court?d

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn

Or how about this one: Donald Trump: Why US Law Makes It Easy to Stiff Contractors.

Or this one: Report: Trump has refused to pay hundreds of workers | TheHill

But, of course, it won't matter what "evidence" I supply. You'll just dismiss the source, as usual, because it doesn't line up with what you prefer to believe.
Quote:
Do you have evidence that Obama has "cooked the books"? You actually have to be able to back up your claims. I mean, if you're so interested in "facts." Otherwise, you're just throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it will stick.
Quote:
Please see links provided above.
Quote:
"Great movements"? "Refresh . . . the stale inept air of the establishment"?

Trump is "the establishment." Always has been. Even now, he's spending most of his time with Wall Streeters and billionaires. Wake up.

As for my own relationship to "the establishment": I've been fighting it for a very long time--longer, probably, than you've been alive. And I can promise you that "the cancer of corruption" will be entering the White House in January 2017.
Quote:
See what I mean? And you haven't had time to read those links.

Jesus Christ himself could descend from the heavens and tell you the same thing and be called a liar.

Do you not see that there is something very, very strange when one sees a political candidate as some sort of savior? When one cannot brook any criticism of him whatsoever? That's cult-like behavior. How in the world do you ever expect to hold Trump's feet to the fire--as Jefferson demanded of the "true patriot"--if you are unwilling to even hear criticism of him--much less engage, on your own, in even constructive criticism of him?

P.S. Many of those people just walked away and took the loss; Trump's lawyers can be very intimidating--as when they threatened one guy that they would keep him in court so many years, he would have nothing. He couldn't afford it. What else could he do?
Quote:
From what I gathered in that article, the only difference is a question of what kind of illegal immigrant gets deported. And numbers can get shifted in all kinds of ways if that's the tack taken for arriving at a tally. But if I'm wrong about that, I'm wrong.
That organic small home wouldn't be your head?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 08:33 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
You're posting like a child and nobody cares if you're horrified, if you're so horrified, move out of america, nobody is stopping you and nobody will miss you. I'm an open minded equal opportunity supporter of the candidate that is better, i don't automatically support a party regardless of the incompetence of the candidate, you're posting all this junk about Trump being 'unqualified' when your candidate is the worst candidate who has ever run for POTUS, she wasn't even close to being qualified, she's been in politics for decades and has done nothing but cause death, destruction and chaos, she's an airhead who put america at risk by her stupidity, doesn't know what a classified document is, she's running around like a little schoolgirl with america's safety at her fingertips without a care in the world and you're telling me Trump is unqualified? She's done nothing, makes nothing, creates nothing and stands for nothing.
Truth, in spades ^^^. Thank God for the ignore button.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:36 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.
How the hell WOULD he know? Trump is a private businessperson, not a career politician!
He is going to be learning on the job, just as Obama had to when he got in there.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
How the hell WOULD he know? Trump is a private businessperson, not a career politician!
He is going to be learning on the job, just as Obama had to when he got in there.
He's a swindler and a crook who did not even have the balls to show his tax returns...nothing like that was on Obama's resume when he "got there"...

Old 11-16-2016, 08:44 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Who's going to impeach him? GOP controls House and Senate. This guy will never resign, he will leave the country a black smoking ruin before he would ever considering doing that.
Don't forget the mid-term elections. It will be a bloodbath...

Old 11-16-2016, 08:45 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He's a swindler and a crook who did not even have the balls to show his tax returns...nothing like that was on Obama's resume when he "got there"...
Back to the tax returns again.
Never ends.

You're not going to get to see Trump's tax returns. The IRS has seen them. You aren't going to.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:47 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Obama had worked around government, was a state senator then a Senator from Il, briefly. He did have an idea of the process. He had also been to law school. He probably knew how it worked.

We have years of folks telling us that government should be run like a business. They are not the same, never have been never will be.

The thing about this election that puzzles me is the willingness of those who are clueless to trivialize everything they are ignorant about.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:50 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Obama had worked around government, was a state senator then a Senator from Il, briefly. He did have an idea of the process. He had also been to law school. He probably knew how it worked.

We have years of folks telling us that government should be run like a business. They are not the same, never have been never will be.

The thing about this election that puzzles me is the willingness of those who are clueless to trivialize everything they are ignorant about.
And look where we are now with Obama

Old 11-16-2016, 08:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Oh, please! I'm so sick and damn tired of you naysayers who think you are smart. Donald Trump knows full well what a President does.

Enough with the sour grapes and the propaganda and lies. Get over your hate! And call in your dogs, your paid "protesters" who are damaging property, attacking innocent people and acting like *******s!

The Democrat Party is showing their true colors. The Party is a mess, and they are reacting with violence and vitriol. A day ago Bob Corker was attacked by a Democrat "professor" who didn't like the fact that Trump was elected. In New York a man was attacked who was wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

You people are unhinged!

Old 11-16-2016, 08:56 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
These people have forgotten what America is about (if they ever knew in the first place). They want that "progressive utopia" that people like 'Crooked Hillary' and Bernie Sanders has sold them on, which doesn't exist. Look at the mess in Europe. That is why the U.K. voted out of the EU. Progressive elitism destroys nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections