Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Democrat Would have Best Chance at Beating Trump in 2020 for President?
Elizabeth Warren 19 17.12%
Jason Kander 6 5.41%
Tim Kaine 5 4.50%
Tim Ryan 5 4.50%
Keith Ellison 6 5.41%
other (explain) 70 63.06%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 07:09 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,978,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Not in politics, and she is a fantastic speaker unless someone who is dumb doesn't like listening to someone who is clearly much, much smarter than them talk about policies. Warren is an extremely intelligent professor and Senator.
She'll be 71 in the year 2020--someone like Trump being age 70 is a complete anomaly. I wouldn't bank on voters wiling to overlook that.

And she's a terrible speaker, she sounded like an old maid when she ranted about Trump. And what policy? wouldn't vote for her--her only policy is being against Wall St, which really isn't a policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 07:11 PM

479 posts, read 1,424,283 times
That's funny...you people think this country will still have free elections in 2020.

Trump is going to take cues from his boyfriend Putin, and make it illegal to vote against him

Old 11-18-2016, 07:11 PM

979 posts, read 486,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
She'll be 71 in the year 2020--someone like Trump being age 70 is a complete anomaly. I wouldn't bank on voters wiling to overlook that.

And she's a terrible speaker, she sounded like an old maid when she ranted about Trump. And what policy? wouldn't vote for her--her only policy is being against Wall St, which really isn't a policy.
My points still stand, and I highly doubt Trump's age and health bothered you much when voting for him....

Old 11-18-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
My points still stand, and I highly doubt Trump's age and health bothered you much when voting for him....
you made no "point" just an empty opinion. If you think age isn't a factor...then feel free to throw in Joey Biden, Bernie Sanders, nancy Pelosie or Harry Reid.

Test the waters and get back to us.

otherwise, carry on....

Old 11-18-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
you made no "point" just an empty opinion. If you think age isn't a factor...then feel free to throw in Joey Biden, Bernie Sanders, nancy Pelosie or Harry Reid.

Test the waters and get back to us.

otherwise, carry on....
Um, just so you know, a point can also be an opinion....

Many politicians are 65 and older, not sure why you think this is something unusual....heck, a 70 year old man with questionable health just won the presidency, so I am not sure I understand the issue you are having with age.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Um, just so you know, a point can also be an opinion....

Many politicians are 65 and older, not sure why you think this is something unusual....heck, a 70 year old man with questionable health just won the presidency, so I am not sure I understand the issue you are having with age.

She isn't 65...she's 67 and she would be 71-72 by the time that she walked into the WH. As I said, Trump was an anomaly--I wouldn't get used to the idea, that goes for both sides of the isle. And we're not talking about any politicians but the actual POTUS. It isn't all one and the same.

And I have no issue with age, but I do think her lack of youth would be a detriment to her...it also may influence her desire to even run.

And I would argue that a "point" is shrouded in fact....

Old 11-18-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
She isn't 65...she's 67 and she would be 71-72 by the time that she walked into the WH. As I said, Trump was an anomaly--I wouldn't get used to the idea, that goes for both sides of the isle. And we're not talking about any politicians but the actual POTUS. It isn't all one and the same.

And I have no issue with age, but I do think her lack of youth would be a detriment to her...it also may influence her desire to even run.

And I would argue that a "point" is shrouded in fact....
65 and OLDER....last time I checked, 67 classifies as older than 65. Being two years older than Trump is now isn't really an issue. I don't see why her lack of youth would be an issue if Trump's lack of youth wasn't an issue.

Also, a point is a general term, it doesn't mean fact, it can also mean opinion, but if it makes you feel better, then my opinion still stands.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:00 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,983,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
Hillary 2020.

Its still her turn!

Yes! Hillary 2020!! She is a cold sore that keeps on coming back!!

Old 11-18-2016, 08:01 PM

24,453 posts, read 33,130,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidburn View Post
That's funny...you people think this country will still have free elections in 2020.

Trump is going to take cues from his boyfriend Putin, and make it illegal to vote against him
This is not the fiction forum.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:16 PM

3,233 posts, read 2,073,417 times
For the time being, I'd venture to say the left will consider one of the following (assuming that Warren and Sanders are not options):
  • Michelle Obama/Keith Ellison
  • Michelle Obama/Julian Castro
  • Michelle Obama/Kamala Harris
  • Michelle Obama/Amy Klobuchar
  • Julian Castro/Corey Booker
  • Julian Castro/Kamala Harris
  • Al Franken/Jon Stewart || Jon Stewart/Al Franken
  • King Samir Shabazz/Beyonce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections