Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 09:38 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,547,726 times

Advertisements

Did I miss the riots or is the news no longer covering them or are the protesters out of money.

Maybe they are now playing with bunnies and crayons as I haven't seen any riots anymore.

If there were still riots than I'm glad the channels have not broadcast them like the first days.

I did see CNN and how they try to fill up their air time figuring out what went wrong and how Trump won.

That was a sad piece of TV to watch so we quickly switched.

This morning I saw on the Today Show one of the guys standing at the touch screen and now showing the pro's and cons of who Trump is choosing and I thought by myself "really, another guess and prediction of this left wing paid for play hosts who have been wrong for 1.5 year"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 10:03 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,221,719 times
Afte the take baseball bats to the cars and downtown of Portland, they go into their cry rooms and be artists with crayons.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:27 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,653,945 times
It will probably calm down for the next month then when the news says that their crying and signing a petition asking the electoral college members to ignore the electoral votes and give it to Hilary instead didn't work, then the riots will go back into full swing. And then on January 20th when Trump is sworn into office the riots will probably get bigger than ever because they didn't get their way.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:08 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,855,676 times
I believe it's part of the 5 stages of grief.
Denial, anger, and bargaining, seem to have already occurred. I think they're currently at depression .

Old 11-18-2016, 11:17 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,548,420 times
"The Protesters" are not a single group or individual. The are many from different backgrounds with a variety of viewpoints. Near me (Capital Area) groups of kids are still walking out of school to protest.

What do they have common ? A distrust that someone who ran a campaign based, in part, on intolerance can be an effective president.

They have a (Constitutional) right to be heard, your belittling them is not going to convince them of the validity of your point of view.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:21 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,046,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
"The Protesters" are not a single group or individual. The are many from different backgrounds with a variety of viewpoints. Near me (Capital Area) groups of kids are still walking out of school to protest.

What do they have common ? A distrust that someone who ran a campaign based, in part, on intolerance can be an effective president.

They have a (Constitutional) right to be heard, your belittling them is not going to convince them of the validity of your point of view.
no, they're just a bunch of whiny college kids who want to skip their classes and look like the victim. Most of them didn't even vote

Old 11-18-2016, 11:37 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,527,625 times
The protestors have heard their leaders Obama and Hilary who say they must keep speaking out. They will be around less in winter maybe but they will pop up like moles in the game of whack a mole.

That's good for Trump supporters as a constant reminder of why we need to rid ourselves of the vermin promoting the globalist open borders nonsense. We need to work on defunding them in the city's and university's. Sending k-12 local should help prevent early access to indoctrination and limit propaganda outside the cities.

Trump can't do all the work but he can make it where people can do something where they live.

At the Federal level I would like to see the same push and methods to require diversity in ideology as was done with race. The liberals have made it clear they plan on going after the young. Obama, Hillary, Sanders and others are saying it. They know if they can corrupt the young with liberal ideas they will eventually get control.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:48 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,653,945 times
I hope that when Trump takes office that if these schools keep letting their students walk out of class to protest that Trump pulls federal funding from the school districts. My tax dollars should not be spent to educate students who are not going to stay in class. They have made their point they are mad because the media convinced them that Trump is a racist, misogynist who is going to kick every immigrant out of the country. Even though he has only said that he is going to enforce then immigration laws already on the books and get rid of the illegals.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:51 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,279,274 times
Maybe the little darlings are still having cry-ins.

The 'Cry In' of 2016 | Frontpage Mag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections