Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump should give the press less access.
YES 50 49.50%
NO 51 50.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 07:35 PM

4,506 posts, read 4,044,124 times

Advertisements

needs to just break up the media or ban it from cable TV. We've all got the internet so we can get it from there where no organization has a leg up on anyone and they don't get to stay on the air if they consistently lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 08:36 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
You know good and well she was not for "open" borders, just more lies by the right.
America was founded on the back of immigrants.
Guess you are fine with Trump's lies .
Delusion is attractive in the right setting. It is rather boring on these threads.

Yeah and illegals are destroying it.

What bothers you Hillary supporters is when Trump actually follows through on what he said. As we see the appointments he is making and what those around him are saying. He is going to do what he said and that drives you all nuts. The loons will never get tired of eating crow. It seems almost cruel to stop feeding it to them.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:37 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump should toss out all the "Fake News" sites. i.e. CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, etc etc.
The fake news sites were on social media. I still can't believe some are so gullible to believe bogus news they click on. It's like the phone scam where they claim to be the internal revenue and you are going to jail if you don't pay what "you are so called" owed. People actually paid

Old 11-18-2016, 08:39 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Ban Faux news. They are spreading fake news. They shouldn't be able to call themselves a news service.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:56 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You won't like my world. You are much better off in Trump's world.

If they give the daily statement to the press could anyone stop them from commenting on it ----- No.

Its not likely they will make favorable comments no matter what Trump does. Most have worked for democrat's before going into media jobs. They can't be anything but bias at best because most don't have ethics or standards they think applies to them. They have said as much so it's not like its news. I'm not in the news business either.
Not sure what you're world is. Regardless, action will speak louder than words so we'll see. Every president since Washington has had to contend with the press, Trump is no different.

Press Attacks*·*George Washington's Mount Vernon

Old 11-19-2016, 06:59 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
I expect the media to cover Trump's gaffes and mistakes with great relish. I'm sure he'll respond in kind on Twitter.

I wish media outlets weren't owned by big corporations; this is where the distrust of the "liberal mainstream media" comes from (well, and also from Fox News, which is so slanted it isn't even funny).

Like or not, the President of the U.S. needs to be visible. (The only benefit to less media coverage would be that I wouldn't have to see/hear him as often. Yuck.) Leaders can't be inaccessible.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:33 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
I'm all for the First Amendment as long as the coverage is factual and unbiased. The problem is, it hasn't been for the most part.

News should be reported - good, bad, or indifferent. This whole elections cycle the media has taken every move by Trump and twisted it into a negative.

Why would Trump kowtow to a gaggle of leftist pseudo-journalists who offer payment to anyone who can dig up dirt or negative stories on him? That's not journalism.

The media has lost any credibility they once had. It's no wonder people are relying on alternate media sites for any semblance to the truth.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:24 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma
I hope Trump changes the traditional relationship with the press and gives them less access.
Yes he should but he probably will not!

Old 11-19-2016, 11:08 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Now that he's President, Trump should give less news conferences than Hillary.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:27 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Ok, so today the media has made a big deal of the meeting between Romney and P.E. Trump.

Some questions maybe we can answer today.

Reports in the media that Romney is/has/will/ be offered SoS. Where did that information come from ? Did someone leak it or.............. ?

Where is the media ? Inside the club house or outside ? Inside the meeting or on the outside ? Is there a photo opportunity before or after ? Is there a pool of reporters on the grounds ? Will the media tell us what was said in the meeting ? If they aren't in the meeting room during the meeting will they speculate on what was said ? How does speculation of media help serve the public ? What is different about the media coverage ?

OK, what we have seen so far is a camera showed Romney get out of a car and Trump and Pence shake his hand. Then Trump opened the door and they all went in. Romney first then Pence and Trump last. The camera remaining outside the building showing the closed entry door. ( looks like the press is shut out so far )

Last edited by phma; 11-19-2016 at 12:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections