Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 01:45 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

It was only a mater of time before Trump is/was attacked on diversity of his appointments by liberals.

I heard Liz Warren was running her fly trap on it. Not sure what she said. Maybe someone who can stand to listen to her will add something. If she is done sucking her thumb and blubbering she may be able to articulate something coherent.

Trump is said to be concentrated on the diversity of ideas as he considers his appointments. He is looking mostly at conservatives currently. Trump has been criticized for not being a conservative and it was said he would not appoint conservatives to his cabinet but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. The bench is not that deep on conservatives of color and little better with gender. That shouldn't be what determines who is qualified any more than it should disqualify someone. It's early yet and not many appointments have been made and accepted. I would expect him to hire the best people regardless of other considerations. I do expect we should be seeing some conservative women like K. Conway. Ben Carson decided not to accept a position and could have reasonably had one if he wanted it. Trump is still unpacking all the baskets Hillary put people into so that might have slowed him down a little but he is still ahead of schedule.

The left wants to be represented I suppose but where were they in supporting Trump before election day. Where are the people of color and women. Are they saying that it is on the basis of skin color and gender not ideas that diversity is represented. That hasn't worked out to well in liberal universities as we have seen with the unrest of protesters recently. Lets see how things develop and what we end up with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 01:55 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
It amounts to nothing, because the left lost representation in Congress. The have the loudest voice because of the media that's about it but no power to dictate anything.

Once the Supreme Court Justice seat is filled, I'm afraid the left will have even less voice.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:58 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,203,266 times
How about the misquotes and made up things like Romney as SoS? The MSM is playing with fire here.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
The left is running out of ammo and so desperate as Trump is so smart to fool them all.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
How about the misquotes and made up things like Romney as SoS? The MSM is playing with fire here.
I was a little surprised to hear that but who knows. I like change.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:02 PM

993 posts, read 766,741 times
I'm not a Trump supporter, I voted for Hillary.

Here's the deal.....the republicans won it all. They now wield power with absolute authority and will for many years to come, especially after the 2018 senate is in place. It doesn't matter what democrats say or what they do, they have no power. None. So why the concern over what liberals say? I don't get it.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:02 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
The "left", "liberals", "the Trump Deranged", the ones crying and rioting, are all broken. They have been rejected soundly by the 50 states electorate.

Pocahontas has nothing now. Her influence is gone, and I'm doubting that she will even survive her next opportunity to run for Senator in 2 years.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:04 PM

993 posts, read 766,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The "left", "liberals", "the Trump Deranged", the ones crying and rioting, are all broken. They have been rejected soundly by the 50 states electorate.

Pocahontas has nothing now. Her influence is gone, and I'm doubting that she will even survive her next opportunity to run for Senator in 2 years.
Sad to admit, but you're right.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:05 PM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,914 times
Diversity comes after picking the best person for the job which of course liberals will poo poo on.
Elections have consequences.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:13 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
And in an ironic twist of schadenfreude, Trump owes his ability to appoint his cabinet "at will" to Harry Reid's 'nuclear' option hissy fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections