U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 09:21 AM

26,195 posts, read 14,086,044 times

Advertisements

I don't agree with Sanders' remedy to fix things in America, but I do think he is on target in his perceptions of things.

If you lean left, I would suggest paying more attention to his advice, than anything coming from the Soros sponsored groups, which includes the protesters. He at least seems to have an honest interest for helping the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hkI6TrQm98
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 09:28 AM

12,900 posts, read 4,920,152 times
Bernie was the favorite among rank-and-file Democrats. But he was too dangerous for the plutocracy, so we got Hillary instead.

It's a big mistake to assume that all Democrat-leaning people in this country wanted Hillary.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:37 AM

26,195 posts, read 14,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Bernie was the favorite among rank-and-file Democrats. But he was too dangerous for the plutocracy, so we got Hillary instead.

It's a big mistake to assume that all Democrat-leaning people in this country wanted Hillary.
I know that's not the case.

I think both Trump and Sanders are anti-establishment... and America is tired of the establishment.

The difference was the Republicans trusted the primary process, and even through the elites cried about it, they (for the most part) got behind who the people wanted.

The Dems resorted to schemes to skew the primary process and did not listen to... or I should say, did not trust the people.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:10 AM

11,970 posts, read 10,760,301 times
Bernie Who?

Old 11-21-2016, 10:25 AM

9,693 posts, read 5,272,723 times
While I admired Sanders until he got on board with the HRC campaign and became its lapdog, his remarks, while true in their entirety here, don't explain the entire picture. Indeed, while there are a "small minority" of racists, sexists, etc. who voted for Trump and who are in the GOP column, there same is true for Democrats. The way you hear Sanders and Clintonistas going about things, you'd think this was a Republican phenomenon alone. Of course, to the left they can never be sexist or racist or homophobic (according to the left, you're homophobic if you are merely against same sex marriage . . . that is unless you're Obama, who was against it until 2012, or HRC, who was against it until fairly recently, too) because the left is comprised of "oppressed" groups

Old 11-21-2016, 10:29 AM

21,424 posts, read 7,135,394 times
Sanders identifies the problems well. His solutions are his weakness.

Last edited by phma; 11-21-2016 at 11:04 AM..

Old 11-21-2016, 10:52 AM

30,090 posts, read 15,651,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't agree with Sanders' remedy to fix things in America, but I do think he is on target in his perceptions of things.

If you lean left, I would suggest paying more attention to his advice, than anything coming from the Soros sponsored groups, which includes the protesters. He at least seems to have an honest interest for helping the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hkI6TrQm98
Well, I disagree with him in a couple of areas. First, there is no such thing as a "homophobe." It is a made up term intended to smear all those who hold traditional values about marriage, and relationships between men and women, who perceive homosexuality differently than "liberals" (or Leftists if that's the term you like).

There are many, many good people that are "people of faith" (Christans and Jews) who believe homosexuality is sin, a perversion, and believe that it is wrong. That is not a "phobia," and to ridicule people based on their religious beliefs is wrong.

Also, Mr. Trump is not "the least popular person in this position in the history of this country." That is an extreme exaggeration. The tens of thousands of people that turned out to Trump rallies across this nation, at every city he visited is testament to his wide ranging popularity, while Hillary Clinton struggled to fill small auditoriums and venues. Trump's popularity cannot be denied and so easily swept under the carpet with such hyperbole.

What is happening now, with the Left shouting things like "Not my President," their outright rejection of the election results, and the resulting riots and demanding that the election be overturned, is un-American. Moreover we now know it is not spontaneous, but is well funded by extreme leftists like George Soros, who has made millions doing just this, for his pleasure and amusement.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:02 AM

8,880 posts, read 15,624,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, I disagree with him in a couple of areas. First, there is no such thing as a "homophobe." It is a made up term intended to smear all those who hold traditional values about marriage, and relationships between men and women, who perceive homosexuality differently than "liberals" (or Leftists if that's the term you like).
Actually there is such a thing as a homophobe, it's just not what the left makes it out to be at this point in time.

A homophobe is the guy who stands with his back plastered to the wall if he finds out there's a homosexual in the room because he assumes that the gay dude is just waiting for the opportunity to bend him over and butt-rape him right there in front of everybody.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:45 PM

21,424 posts, read 7,135,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Actually there is such a thing as a homophobe, it's just not what the left makes it out to be at this point in time.

A homophobe is the guy who stands with his back plastered to the wall if he finds out there's a homosexual in the room because he assumes that the gay dude is just waiting for the opportunity to bend him over and butt-rape him right there in front of everybody.

If he assumes incorrectly what does that make him ?
A target that failed risk assessment ? Term please !!! Unhappy warrior ?

Old 11-21-2016, 01:54 PM

2,866 posts, read 4,015,947 times
Sanders was stuck supporting HRC because the chasm between himself and Trump on social issues is immense. And he rightly concluded that Trump would be just as status quo in terms of appointments- only further to the left and with two border-line (or across the line) racists and a couple of anti-gay righters to boot. He also made Hillary take 4 steps to the left in terms of the party platform. Which should prove humorous to conservatives since all the HRC supporters bellowed about the platform meaning nothing when she adapted but kept harping about the platform being more in line with America when the election was within eyesight distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or