Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 12:05 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.
Hillary definitely should have won, but I'm kinda over it. It's no longer as shocking as it originally was. Knowing that she won the popular vote has helped in coping -- and what's especially rewarding about it is that she won the popular vote despite all the stuff that was used against her: Wikileaks, the email/server controversy, the FBI investigation, as well as a lower turnout of Democrats.

Daywalk, I would recommend NOT watching much of the tv news. Yes, it's good to watch local news but if it's national news, I suggest changing the channel whenever there's a news story about Trump. That way, you won't hear about him as much.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Hillary Clinton lost because she and her team were outsmarted. Once you realize that, you might feel better. It is a race to win the Electoral College therefore you campaign to win states. It isn't anything new. Both candidate knew that going in. Her campaign just didn't execute as well as the Trump team. She didn't campaign enough (or at all) in the right states.

Although poll after poll showed the economy was the Number 1 concern of people, especially in the swing states, she decided her message was going to be "I'm not him" instead of one of ideas. She promised 4 more years of Obama hoping his voters would come to her. She didn't pay enough attention to the states where Obama's economy wasn't working. On the issue of the economy she told voters she'd let her husband take care of it. Some feminist - sounds to me like the women who have no idea when it comes to household finances after their husband leaves them or dies! She assumed they would vote for her.

The candidate who campaigned as the outsider for change in the primaries beat 16 others in his own party. Her campaign team didn't seem to notice and ran a traditional campaign. Her game of Identity Politics is only important to the people who were already voting for her. Nobody wants to say it but frankly, her campaign team did not learn a thing from the Jeb Bush campaign and re-ran the same campaign he did. Just like Bush, she raised and spent twice as much money as Trump and Trump got better results with less demonstrating he was more effective and efficient than she was. When she saw Trump breathing down her neck in swing states, Team Clinton was incapable of pivoting. Did she not notice the size of the crowds he drew in those states compared to the ones she drew despite the media pooh poohing that crowd sizes don't count? Have you heard a single person say they voted for Clinton because of Beyoncé?

You were duped by the media into thinking there was no way she could lose. It may not have bothered you as much if you knew it was possible she could lose.

Eat dark chocolate.

"Some of dark chocolate’s benefits come from resveratrol, an antioxidant (immune system booster) found in red wine, among other products. Its mental health benefits include the ability to boost brain levels of endorphins (natural opiates) as well as serotonin (a mood-altering chemical on which many antidepressants act)."

Chocolate and Mood Disorders | World of Psychology
Yep

Her game of Identity Politics is only important to the people who were already voting for her.

and they thought calling people was working so well. I did listen to what Hillary had to say and all she was doing was hating on Trump. Heard it once, heard it enough. Otherwise she had nothing to say. We now have a generation of people who think "who can attack and name call the most" is a winner. LOL

Old 11-22-2016, 12:10 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Hillary definitely should have won, but I'm kinda over it. It's no longer as shocking as it originally was. Knowing that she won the popular vote has helped in coping -- and what's especially rewarding about it is that she won the popular vote despite all the stuff that was used against her: Wikileaks, the email/server controversy, the FBI investigation, as well as a lower turnout of Democrats.

Daywalk, I would recommend NOT watching much of the tv news. Yes, it's good to watch local news but if it's national news, I suggest changing the channel whenever there's a news story about Trump. That way, you won't hear about him as much.

LOL

The turnout was low BECAUSE she was a pathetic candidate.

Can you really somehow twist "low voter turnout" as something that was "used against her"? LOL

FYI turnout was lower on BOTH sides.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Rust belt whites let down a lot of old women who wanted to see a female president before their last breath ��
Quote:
No woman will ever be president especially in light of the results this month, Mark my words!
I agree on both counts! I feel for the old women out there (especially those over the age of 100) who would have loved to see a female become president. And I am convinced that no woman will ever be allowed to be president.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:12 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Quote:
Hillary lost because she is a woman! Despite getting 1.7 million more votes than the president-select, she still can't win! Why? Because those rust belt whites hate leadership by women!
I don't know what other people thought but I could care less about the gender of either Clinton or Trump.

However I do think Hillary played the identity game too much - if anything, she probably lost votes because of it. Nobody likes to have their intelligence questioned by the "vote for me just because I am a XYZ game". It is actually insulting.

Conservatives already have their second woman as British Prime Minister (and to my knowledge none yet for Labor) so the idea that Conservatives, whites or men will not vote for a woman is just plain wrong.

The Democrats just need to find a better candidate next time.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!
According to whom? Data please? I noticed you posted not one piece of evidence.
Quote:
Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.
Well, you shouldn't be, but you believed the lies that your favorite media (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, Media Matters, Huff Po, NY Times, etc., etc.

And, once again, it is irrelevant that she received the nationwide popular vote, because we don't vote as a block. We vote as 50 independent and sovereign states, and those are the votes that count. And here is the fact: Trump won the popular vote in more states than Hillary did.

Simply put, Trump won more states (by a huge margin) than Hillary did. It wasn't even close. It was a landslide for Trump. Deal with it!

Old 11-22-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You have 4 more years of regret ahead of you for letting your party foist such a horrible candidate upon you. Enjoy!
Probably more like eight years, and maybe even sixteen!

Obama was a horrible candidate too. But, he was black. That is why people voted for him. Just as people like the OP were voting for Hillary because she is female.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:18 PM

Look at this mentality from a female Trump supporter:
https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram...33571072_n.mp4

Old 11-22-2016, 12:25 PM

No, what killed Hillary's chances was Hillary; she's a liar, a criminal, incompetent, a hypocrite, put the national security at risk, caused the death of four Americans in Benghazi, and together with Obama, allowed the rise of ISIS. Just a few things. Not an exhaustive list.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:38 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

If you were emotionally invested in Hillary Clinton becoming president, then it will simply take some time to get over your disappointment. I'm sure Clinton is extremely disappointed as well, but unlike those still crying in their beer or freezing their asses off rioting in the streets and then begging their professors to give them special consideration re: their grades because they missed so many classes and tests, Clinton is soothing her hurt feelings while sitting in her comfortable mansion while the maid brings her something warm to drink.

I was very concerned about the outcome of the election, but had no inclination to become emotionally invested in candidates who are running to get a tax payer funded, government job. Clinton and Trump were running for the highest civil service job in the country. They were running to get a job where WE would be their boss.

I saw your comment endless pages forward from this, saying that the rust belt killed the dream of old women to see a woman president. It wasn't the citizens in the rust belt who killed that dream. They voted the way they were supposed to vote - for the person who THEY thought was most fit the run the country. If you want to place blame, place it with the Democrat Party who stacked the deck so that no other D candidate had a real shot at the nomination. Blame it on a party who placed all its chips on an extremely flawed, weak and corrupt candidate, and who worked hand-in-hand with the corrupt media to push her and demonize Trump, both at all costs. Blame it on a woman who (if she has even one shred of self-awareness) knew that she was not up to the task of competition and not up to the position to which she aspired and believed was owed to her for..........some unknown reason.

All the stupid rhetoric aside, from all the stupid rhetoric-driven threads I've scanned through since Trump won the election, there will be a woman president at some point. I'm a woman as well, and would be very pleased and gratified to see a woman president. But she would have to be the right woman at the right time. That hasn't happened yet. It will happen at some time in our future. But race shouldn't be a factor as to who is elected and neither should gender. The position is too important to the country and to the world, to vote for a first, simply to BE a first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections