Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 06:31 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
I am a minority male in the mid 20's, ok?
So...was this your first time voting in a presidential election? The reason I ask is that you (for some reason) had an abnormally large amount of emotion invested in the results of this election.

Interesting...I always took you to be female.

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Probably the most qualified presidential candidate I'll see in my lifetime (HRC, not Kate McKinnon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-_ZDrypec
Nonsense, unless you're young enough that Bush 41's presidency ended before you were able to talk, listen, and read. Bush 41 was more qualified.

1,009 posts, read 708,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really? Surely you don't think Trump is inept. Do you? He's accomplished far more in life than Hillary has. And dangerous? Hillary is dangerous. We only need to look at her record. Mishandled classified information, using an unsecure private server. Advocates for the repeal of the Second Amendment. Proud to have put coal miners out of business. In one of her speeches she said, "We're going to take some things away from you." That sounds frightening to me.

And she is inept. She couldn't secure the compound in Benghazi, and four Americans died as a result. That was after she engineered the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi, who at the time was not a threat to the US.

Really? He does? Can you name them? What are they? He's built a very successful business. What has Hillary done?

What radical views? You don't see him finishing four years? Why? Why would he not finish four years?

Trump is a very exceptional man. He demands loyalty, and he is a perfectionist. He has people working for him (including many women) who have worked for him for decades. That says a lot about the man. And look at his family. They are polite, very well brought up kids, smart.

You have nothing substantive to criticize him for. All you have is sour grapes because your pick, a criminal, liar, cheat, and a very dishonest person overall, didn't win.

Get used to Trump. He's your President now. Get over it.

Very well said . So happy that he won

Old 11-22-2016, 06:37 PM

809 posts, read 747,007 times
Quote:
The immediate aftermath of this election really demonstrated how messed up America is. Dow Jones is now at all time high because investors and fund managers are relieved trump won. He will reduce regulation on the banking sector and reduce tax to wealthy people and corporations.

On the other hand, millions of struggling Americans are mourning in fear and anxiety on social media. Some rave ones even brought their voice to the streets

The riches and the elites have now removed their mask after supporting trump all along but pretended to be against him in disguise so he can be casted as an outsider
I don't know if they are "relieved" it won (yes, I did mean to say "it"). I remember the market futures tanking bigtime before the open, and then I think the money ghouls thought "YES, REGULATION WILL BE REMOVED."

Anyone predict when we will see a repeat of the "great recession" of 2008?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:40 PM

45,389 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...was this your first time voting in a presidential election? The reason I ask is that you (for some reason) had an abnormally large amount of emotion invested in the results of this election.

Interesting...I always took you to be female.
A lot of us did. Wonder why.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:43 PM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
The immediate aftermath of this election really demonstrated how messed up America is. Dow Jones is now at all time high because investors and fund managers are relieved trump won. He will reduce regulation on the banking sector and reduce tax to wealthy people and corporations.

On the other hand, millions of struggling Americans are mourning in fear and anxiety on social media. Some rave ones even brought their voice to the streets

The riches and the elites have now removed their mask after supporting trump all along but pretended to be against him in disguise so he can be casted as an outsider
I often hear this from a few co-workers and think I worked hard to get where I am. I took the double shifts so that I could buy the various properties. I struggled through the housing crash and made it out the other side. I don`t consider myself rich but I am better off than most but then I worked my ass off to get where I am.

I voted for Trump among things hoping he kick starts the economy.

And for those under thirty who got burned by student loans and a worthless degree... I say they have learned a valuable lesson.

And better to learn it while you`re still young rather than at 45 like I was when the housing market crashed.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:

As I said, get away from those people, they'll only keep you down mentally and financially.

The elite would have done well regardless of who is president. And you do realize that a lot of middle class are riding that stock market up. The key is hoping the economy takes off so the value of the stock either catches up or keeps up. Instead of whining, start accumulating and investing to grow your net worth and passive income. Listening to and being a whiny baby will keep your attention off important things like building your foundation. People who are successful, people who building their net worth, people who are rich think different than the poor, and that would be a good first step for you to learn.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I often hear this from a few co-workers and think I worked hard to get where I am. I took the double shifts so that I could buy the various properties. I struggled through the housing crash and made it out the other side. I don`t consider myself rich but I am better off than most but then I worked my ass off to get where I am.

I voted for Trump among things hoping he kick starts the economy.

And for those under thirty who got burned by student loans and a worthless degree... I say they have learned a valuable lesson.

And better to learn it while you`re still young rather than at 45 like I was when the housing market crashed.
I always say that when the government gets involved in the name of helping the poor i.e... easy money, it always drives the cost up and people who could have afforded it before easy money no longer can and they have to borrow huge amounts of money. The same thing happened in the housing market, easy money, housing prices skyrocketed, people took on a huge amount of debt, greed and crash. It's sad that the kids today are paying the price for bad government policy.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:56 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Like the dark side, the more the butt hurt the stronger we get. The force is strong with this thread.

May the force of Donald Trump be with you!

Great Star Wars Parody how Trump saved us!

https://youtu.be/uQsP9xTklYQ

Old 11-22-2016, 07:17 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
They are polite, very well brought up kids, smart.
The other evening I was watching a man giving a brief interview on television. This man is the money man behind a new Trump condo project somewhere, IIRC, in Florida that looks as though it is nearing completion. He (or possibly his bank) was providing all the money for the build and was licensing the Trump name and marketing prowess. He said (I'm paraphrasing a bit) 'We wanted access to Eric, Ivanka, and Don (re marketing, obviously), and we are willing to pay a premium for that. To us it is a win-win'. IMO, that says even more about the kids than anything anyone within the Trump family or the chattering classes could say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections