Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 06:18 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,182,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing that I think really hurt Hillary is that she does not come across as exciting. Obama, when he spoke, was inspiring and exciting. When I saw him years ago, when he gave that speech for (I think) Clinton at the DNC, I said to my GF at the time, "If he ran for President, I would vote for him, and I did, twice. He still gives one of the best speeches going.

Hillary has a lot of experience and skills, but is pretty dull, frankly. Very matter of fact-ish, and does not come across as warm and sincere. I still think she would have done good for America, but she simply was not a person many folks warmed up to.
The American people want action, not another community organizer promising hope and change, which turned out be hope and change for everyone except American citizens.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:19 AM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
One thing that I think really hurt Hillary is that she does not come across as exciting. Obama, when he spoke, was inspiring and exciting. When I saw him years ago, when he gave that speech for (I think) Clinton at the DNC, I said to my GF at the time, "If he ran for President, I would vote for him, and I did, twice. He still gives one of the best speeches going.

Hillary has a lot of experience and skills, but is pretty dull, frankly. Very matter of fact-ish, and does not come across as warm and sincere. I still think she would have done good for America, but she simply was not a person many folks warmed up to.
Hillary just isn't likeable. Her husband shrugged off stuff, she couldn't. Not to mention that she got hit with lots of legacy stuff that Bill did.

NAFTA sure didn't help her credibility on helping the little guy and then there was the whole Marc\Denise Rich stuff that the younger voters are all "Who are they?" ..... but the older voters remember Clinton pardoning the billionaire tax evader and then in recent years his ex-wife that gave millions in donations renouncing US citizenship to tax dodge tens of millions more.

Hillary has a lot of baggage that the under 30 crowd is oblivious to.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:27 AM

21,422 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hillary essentially committed an internal coup of the democratic party leading up to the election after having her "sure thing" blow up in her face in 2008. She used their power to put loyalists in power throughout the organization to ensure that no one like say....Bernie Sanders could possibly have a chance to be selected by dem voters.

The leaked information about cheating Bernie hurt turnout and also tipped moderates (and cheating at the debates) NOT TO MENTION that a lot of black voters remembered her unfavorably from the 2008 primary vs. President Obama....where her supporters etc. were labeled as racists. Ironic consider her campaign smeared Bernie as racist and anti-woman. (A recurring trend in US politics anymore)
Where her supporters were called the uneducated white working class and smeared as racists. She didn't fight against that meme, and ended up dismissing them entirely and calling them deplorables eight years later.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:27 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,205,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I hate to break the bad news, but the old hag isn't in the running for a single thing, and never will be again.
Private room at the nursing home, maybe?

Old 11-23-2016, 06:33 AM

1,504 posts, read 847,839 times
Trump is not the best....HILARY was not the best. At this point having a female president is not the issue anymore. Hilary was a WOMAN...just not the right woman. She was so driven by ego and bitterness that she was finished the day she started campaigning.

People could see it in her face and manner that Trump was correct about one thing...she was a "nasty" woman. Personally I could not stand that smirking smile of hers. Also she has tasted power and was part of the committee that made the decision on what perceived foreign enemy is to be assassinated and who not to kill...she tasted blood...that was the last straw for her spiritually and emotionally.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:34 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,054,493 times
Glad to hear it!!

Old 11-23-2016, 06:37 AM

16,960 posts, read 12,534,154 times
If you want a woman, pick one that has at least some charisma, made it without her husband, and less baggage.

Brighten up, dont like their politics but the Dem party has some rising stars that aren't well... evil. Letting your contractor friends steal from Haitians... EVIL.

Gabbard... Feisty, smart, progressive but occasional bucking the trend. I think she might be president by 2032. Guess we shall see. Doesnt hurt she isn't ugly.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:50 AM

45,113 posts, read 60,214,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Just woke up this morning... feeling upset again about this election ... why didn't she win? :'(
And I woke up wondering if I should go goose hunting today when I have a ton of other stuff that needs done. We all have our crosses to bear.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:51 AM

21,422 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:

What evidence is there that she would have done anything good for this country? She's a workhorse, but she hasn't really accomplished anything except making lots of money. She mishandled classified information. She sold power and influence through her foundation (producers paying off radio disc jockeys to play music got in more trouble than she did, and she used her influence to fast track deals before the state department).

Love him or hate him, Trump had some good lines at the debates about government ineptitude and squandering money for nothing.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:04 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,644,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Hillary lost because she is a woman! Despite getting 1.7 million more votes than the president-select, she still can't win! Why? Because those rust belt whites hate leadership by women!
That must be why some of them have or have had female governors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.