Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Hillary Clinton have anything to do with Stein's Fund for Recount? Multiple Choice Poll
Sure. "and" She secretly donated to the fund 54 31.40%
Sure she did. Still being Crooked-Hillary 81 47.09%
No Way! 24 13.95%
The Russians had something to do with it. 2 1.16%
The election was hacked for sure, right? 4 2.33%
The Donaters to Stein's fund are about to get ripped off $$$$ Burned! 39 22.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 06:02 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,724,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
... and Jill Stein raises the amount needed again, from 7 million to 9.5 million.

Why is anyone still giving this idiot money?
George Soros is many terrible things, but a stupid idiot is not one of them.

Any of you who think this is over because the media says Stein missed the deadline better be wary.
The PA courts have granted her a hearing next Monday, December 5th. to order a recount, based on the following "evidence" she plans on introducing:

1.)The findings of data scientist Alex Halderman

2.)The hacks into internal DNC communications

3.)Alleged attempted hacks in Illinois and Arizona

4.)The fact that pre-election polls differed from the results

If some wacko judge buys into these lame "facts" he will order a recount, then
it will be a brand new ball game. They probably knew exactly which judge will hear the
case and that he most likely will rule in her favor.

Then it will begin in MSM with the shock and surprise. I can hear it now: "Jill Steins
Hail Mary gambit pays off folks" "Donald is beside himself and can't believe it could
possibly happen - he's going crazy on Twitter."

Bottom line, Soros paltry 10 million dollar gambit pays off and he will keep pulling the strings for 4 more years destroying America like he destroyed France before they booted him out of the country.
Pay attention on December 5th. - Judgment Day.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:03 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,275,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
I think her effort has officially become dead in the water.

Can we confirm that?
Wisconsin officials said they wouldn't even start the recount until late this week. First Stein had to pay the fee, which was higher than expected. She now raised the goal to $9.5 million.

They've hit a snag in Pennsylvania.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.c...unt-1480463648

Old 11-29-2016, 06:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
Wisconsin officials said they wouldn't even start the recount until late this week. First Stein had to pay the fee, which was higher than expected. She now raised the goal to $9.5 million.

They've hit a snag in Pennsylvania.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.c...unt-1480463648
Didn't it start out at $1.5 million and now she's up to $9.5 million? Wow, she's playing people for suckers. No wonder she's smiling ear to ear.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:39 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,213,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
There is also the Harry Reid creation called the "Nuclear Option." What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
It only applies to appointments, not including to the Supreme Court. Rs lost two seats and do not have enough votes for cloture without Democrats. It's not the best check, a divided congress would be best, but it will ensure compromise in the senate. Like I said in the larger context, though, it won't be dems getting in the way of Trump as much as the conservative wing of his own party.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It only applies to appointments, not including to the Supreme Court. Rs lost two seats and do not have enough votes for cloture without Democrats. It's not the best check, a divided congress would be best, but it will ensure compromise in the senate. Like I said in the larger context, though, it won't be dems getting in the way of Trump as much as the conservative wing of his own party.
Remains to be seen, but I would be surprised. He has made some interesting cabinet choices so far
that appear quite conservative. The soon to be announced Secretary of State position will speak
volumes...........

Joe Manchin turned (I) and is a wild card, IMO.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:38 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,849,411 times
Quote:

Any of you who think this is over because the media says Stein missed the deadline better be wary.
The PA courts have granted her a hearing next Monday, December 5th. to order a recount, based on the following "evidence" she plans on introducing:

it will be a brand new ball game. They probably knew exactly which judge will hear the

Then it will begin in MSM with the shock and surprise. I can hear it now: "Jill Steins
Hail Mary gambit pays off folks" "Donald is beside himself and can't believe it could

Bottom line, Soros paltry 10 million dollar gambit pays off and he will keep pulling the strings for 4 more years destroying America like he destroyed France before they booted him out of the country.
Wow, you actually believe Hillary has a chance... Merry Christmas...

Old 11-29-2016, 09:21 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times
There are too many posts to see if someone else has asked the following question:

If Stein/Clinton manage to tie up enough states in recounts, and forces them to do hand counts, which could take long enough to delay verification past the electoral college vote, would this votes not be counted? What would happen then, if nobody gets 270 votes? It would probably get decided in the House, and then Trump will be somewhat de-legitimized, if he wins that way, or could Hillary possibly have a way to win?
Is this the reason for the recounts?

Old 11-29-2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wow, you actually believe Hillary has a chance... Merry Christmas...
Not really, but a lot of posters believe the recount is over when its not as
shown in my post. WI starts counting on Thursday and she is now filing in court
to have them do paper ballot counts by hand. She knows for certain that will prevent
them from finishing by the 13th. which is her aim. Thus, 10 less Trump electors
at the electoral college on the 19th. And so on with Michigan and PA.

If any one of these states has the guts to stop the nonsense - like a brave judge in PA,
then I will be having a Merry Christmas celebration with you. Otherwise, January 20 could be
a long wait for half this country.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:25 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,624,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
There are too many posts to see if someone else has asked the following question:

If Stein/Clinton manage to tie up enough states in recounts, and forces them to do hand counts, which could take long enough to delay verification past the electoral college vote, would this votes not be counted? What would happen then, if nobody gets 270 votes? It would probably get decided in the House, and then Trump will be somewhat de-legitimized, if he wins that way, or could Hillary possibly have a way to win?
Is this the reason for the recounts?
I believe that is exactly what she is trying to do, but I would be surprised if it worked. She'll get buried in such a blizzard of injunctions, she won't know which way is up, and I would be shocked if the federal courts system would allow her to run out the clock like that.

And no, I don't believe there is any credible way for Hillary to win. That would probably require clear evidence of massive fraud and/or irregularities in each of the 3 states, and even then Trump would litigate it to death. I really can't imagine that happening.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:26 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,824,150 times
Quote:

Who cares if the pre-election polls differed from the results? They were wrong. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections