Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Hillary Clinton have anything to do with Stein's Fund for Recount? Multiple Choice Poll
Sure. "and" She secretly donated to the fund 54 31.40%
Sure she did. Still being Crooked-Hillary 81 47.09%
No Way! 24 13.95%
The Russians had something to do with it. 2 1.16%
The election was hacked for sure, right? 4 2.33%
The Donaters to Stein's fund are about to get ripped off $$$$ Burned! 39 22.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 08:15 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times

Advertisements

Jill Stein withdrew her state court petition for recount citing that they couldn't afford the $1M bond that the state courts would require. She just announced they are going to federal court on Monday instead in an attempt to get them to order the state to do it.

One if the very real possible outcomes of such a recount, and frankly the one I think she is trying to achieve, is preventing the state's election from being certified by the December 13 deadline, which means that the state electors will not get to participate in the Electorial College. If that happens essentially it will mean the people of Pennsylvania wasted their time voting in the presidental election.

If the federal court does order it one of the outcomes they are anticipating is that the state of Pennsylvania will have to foot the bill. She is trying to throw away the votes of the citizens of Pennsylvania, and she wants them to pay for it.

Jill Stein Campaign Plans To Take Pennsylvania Recount Effort To Federal Court

Old 12-04-2016, 08:50 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
She is not an "aggrieved candidate."
That's likely going to be her biggest hurdle getting into federal court. She doesn't have standing. The injury isn't particularized enough to her.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:59 AM

649 posts, read 316,346 times
It seems Clinton has gained 3 votes in Wisconsin & Trump has gained 5 . lol

Old 12-04-2016, 09:01 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
When a recount is made, it isn't just about the number of votes that show up. It also includes an examination of the voting process, that might expose any hacking or tampering that was done. Many of the Trumpists here seem to have a fear of what might be revealed by the ongoing recounts. Their team scored, it went up on the board and they seemed to win the game and do not want the play to be reviewed.
" Many of the Trumpists here seem to have"

Please, do NOT assume you know ANYTHING about what others think or know.

You are NOT that smart, no matter how smart you THINK you are!

Old 12-04-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
I wonder if Jill Stein is sane!
She IS a democrat!

Old 12-04-2016, 09:02 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Here is the funnest thing about it.
  • Those voting machines are not connected to the Internet.
  • Those voting machine are not connected ANY network. They are all stand alone islands.
  • There is no way for those machines to be "hacked" unless 1000s if not 10s of 1000s Russians came to the USA, gained personal access to each machine, and then physically modified it undetected and with undetectable changes.
  • i.e. There was no Russian hack. Never was, never will be.

Yet the gullible fell for this nonsense, put forth by the corrupt MSM, hook line and sinker. Then again, I suppose they believe Hillary Clinton too.
It's never been about the voting machines, Miss Kitty. Litter up the thread with the same old same old if you insist but it has been explained over and over again.
So, I'll post a paragraph of what it is all about for the 7th time in this thread. You are more than welcome to put you fingers in your ears and sing La, La, La, La and ignore it but this is WHAT is ACTUALLY going on.

"The recount is specifically targeting states with paper back up because the hacks can be detected if the paper recount totals sent per precinct, are different than what was tallied for that precinct at election central for that state. the tallies are sent "OVER THE INTERNET, VIA THE STATE"S ELECTION SITE. (relevant sentence) which would be very easy to hack and replace the actual vote totals cast with whatever number the the hackers wanted to send. Especially a nation's cyber warfare team.
It is a known and substantiated fact that the Russians hacked the exact same type of state website in Arizona in May and got 140,000 voter registrations.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I suppose that's why the recount thus far has proven to be in Trump's favor. If there is any reason why Republicans don't like the idea of a recount when it's obviously a waste of time, it's because Dems are notorious for magically finding several thousand votes, always to the democrats favor just sitting in the trunk of someone's car or in a file cabinet in someone's basement. Dems have an unfavorable reputation and rightly so of finding votes out of the blue sky, until their candidate takes the lead. Voting corruption has always been the Dems ace card especially in large cities. That's why they fight tooth and nail not to have voter I.D. It's no secret.
"...... until their candidate takes the lead."

Then they are the "winner" of the elction ans take office.

An investigation is called for and guess who handles the investigation? The WINNER of course and NOTHING is EVER found.

HMM! I wonder why?

I've seen it in MD.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:08 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Jill Stein withdrew her state court petition for recount citing that they couldn't afford the $1M bond that the state courts would require. She just announced they are going to federal court on Monday instead in an attempt to get them to order the state to do it.
Could we not see this as a bigger picture argument? Let's argue for a minute that someone had some real concerns over improper vote counts. Why should they have to come up with a million dollars to address those concerns?

Should a fair and above board election be based upon how much money you can raise?

Sure, she can raise this and she has......ask yourself, why is she saying she can't afford it? What if someone running for state office suspects fraud? Could they come up with the money?

Quote:
One if the very real possible outcomes of such a recount, and frankly the one I think she is trying to achieve, is preventing the state's election from being certified by the December 13 deadline, which means that the state electors will not get to participate in the Electorial College. If that happens essentially it will mean the people of Pennsylvania wasted their time voting in the presidental election.
Trump still wins and if this is what she was after, why not pay the money and then drag out the count?

Quote:
If the federal court does order it one of the outcomes they are anticipating is that the state of Pennsylvania will have to foot the bill. She is trying to throw away the votes of the citizens of Pennsylvania, and she wants them to pay for it.
Again, the ability to raise money is more important than assuring a fair election? She doesn't even have to believe it is unfair to raise this point.

Maybe she wants to do everything you say BUT it still raises the points I brought up.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I....
It is a known and substantiated fact that the Russians hacked the exact same type of state website in Arizona in May and got 140,000 voter registrations.
If you want to believe the Russians have completely taken over the US Election system, then go blame Obama. It happened on his watch. I support your right to believe anything you want.

The rest of us know better. The voting machines were not hacked by the Russians.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:44 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you want to believe the Russians have completely taken over the US Election system, then go blame Obama. It happened on his watch. I support your right to believe anything you want.

The rest of us know better. The voting machines were not hacked by the Russians.
I didn't say that the russians had taken over the entire election system. Please Don't put a false narrative in place of my actual words, as is your habit.

If you, or any of the Trump people, including Trump himself, has an ounce of class(which is asking pigs to fly), you'd say, "Good luck with the recount. We support it because we want the American people to know without a doubt that Trump won fair and square." The recount could be your validation that unites the country.
Instead Trump and his campaign are fighting a recount with ever trick, legal maneuver and fiber of their being. As are his internet minions, by throwing out nothing but mud and hate at those calling for a recount.
Considering the Trump response, It makes it more likely than not there's a rotten fish somewhere in the pile.
"Thou doth protest too much" W. Shakespeare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections