Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Hillary Clinton have anything to do with Stein's Fund for Recount? Multiple Choice Poll
Sure. "and" She secretly donated to the fund 54 31.40%
Sure she did. Still being Crooked-Hillary 81 47.09%
No Way! 24 13.95%
The Russians had something to do with it. 2 1.16%
The election was hacked for sure, right? 4 2.33%
The Donaters to Stein's fund are about to get ripped off $$$$ Burned! 39 22.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 02:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

She would need all three states to flip.

Clinton lost to Trump in PA by about 70,000 votes. Massive voter fraud in the state would have to be proven for PA to be overturned or invalidated. The Clinton’s team would have to rely on proving massive voter fraud enough for a Pennsylvania court to rule the entire state invalid.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:09 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hey, good to see you at the Party Paw! This is my compadre from another battlefield.

So, to your subject, is this of interest here?

WHOA! COULD GEORGE SOROS Be Secretly Funding Jill Stein's Recount Effort To Steal The Presidency From Trump? » 100percentfedUp.com

So in lieu of this, what did Dinesh D'Sousa serve time for again?
Was it stealing cookies from the cookie jar ?

BTW-Even if they were able to stuff the ballot box on a recount in WI, they only have
until December 13th to get the other two states and the Donald can block one with
a challenge to put it past the federal deadline....And if they think they can get MI done
before 12/13/16 they would be delusional. MI just finished the official count last Friday, I believe.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:17 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the recount will have to be completed by a Dec. 13 federal deadline, putting the state at risk of having its 10 electoral votes go uncounted if it's missed.

Perhaps that is the goal - to take away as many electoral votes as possible?

However, in light of the rest of the report:

Green Party officials say the recount is about checking the integrity of the voting process, not about whether Trump won or lost.

"We are not doing this to the benefit of one candidate over the other," said national party official and Milwaukee activist George Martin. "We're doing this for the benefit of the American public. So that we can trust our votes are counted."

Yes, the activist George Martin says, it's for the people. Like just about everything, when needing a reason, is "for the children."

Old 11-26-2016, 02:18 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
I think the right is making a big mistake by jumping all over this with negativity.

As an Independent liberal I find this whole thing a continuance of the circus that was this past election. Why not drag it on some more *insert sarcastic look here*?

Don't act like the children many of the liberal left are acting like at this moment. You should be confident in Trump's victory with no worries of some official jumping in and overturning the call. Big deal. This is an obligatory end of the game red challenge flag being thrown by the Democrats [EDIT: should have said thrown by all those in opposition to Trump].

And on the 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance something egregious is found, then you have the right to at least hear about it since you voted for him and put your trust in his hands.

Last edited by metalmancpa; 11-26-2016 at 03:28 PM..

Old 11-26-2016, 02:19 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I first read the Yahoo story that she had raised enough money, then read this:

Elections Commission preps for recount of Wisconsin presidential election | Politics and Elections | host.madison.com

After re-reading it, I guess it's not 100% but as long as she jumps through the hoops by tomorrow, the deadline.

And it reads that deadlines are fast approaching in the other two states (MI and PA).

You think she will return all that money if those recounts are not done?

Old 11-26-2016, 02:19 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
If this happens, she should be investigated for her mishandling of classified information, impeached and jailed. She lost. Get over this.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:22 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I don't know about all that, but I have heard each state has its own separate hoops to jump through.
This was written when everyone thought Trump was going to lose, but it fits PERFECTLY for the diaper pin crowd:

https://www.wired.com/2016/11/trump-...e-still-loses/

Quote:
To contest an election, you need grounds to do so. That means finding real, hard factual evidence, and local and national lawyers who can advise the campaign on the best way to frame and present that evidence. And on a tight timeframe: as short as four days in some states. “You cannot wing this. You can’t just be a sore loser and say something went wrong,” Gerken says.
Continuing, when they made this all about Trump losing...
Quote:
Which leaves only one avenue for Trump...tampering with the electoral college. “He can ask the electors to vote for him instead, or try to get state legislatures to substitute a second slate of electors,” says Issacharoff. “But this is not a banana republic. The idea that he could pull off anything like that is basically inconceivable.”
I hope that these people are eating their lumps, and realizing that this article needs to be all about Hillary camp and supporters.

And again, words for the Hillaryshills since they were good enough when they all thought Trump was going to lose:

Quote:
Still, any candidate refusing to accept the results of a properly conducted election is a blow to democracy. And that’s why we hope that—regardless of who wins today—the loser will be gracious in his or her concession. “One hopes that, like kidney stones, this too shall pass,” Issacharoff says. But if Trump does lose, it might be comforting to remember: Short of a coup d’état, there’s not much he can do but grumble.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:25 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What reports of illegal immigrants voting? I googled that and found two stories, one was a chain email about 3 million illegals voting but there was no source and I couldn't find anything that supported it anywhere, and anyway, it's just plain stupid, there were around 14 million votes cast in California, it's nuts to think that over 20% were cast by illegal immigrants. The other story I found was about ICE arresting 7 undocumented immigrants while they were trying to cast provisional ballots, unfortunately there is no reliable source for that one either.

One thing about undocumented people that makes them unlikely to vote is that they are afraid of being caught, they avoid doing anything that will draw attention to the fact that they don't have legal status to be in the US.
Well, Obama cleared up that misconception for an illegal alien "dreamer" who interviewed him on the topic:

Cavuto stunned as Obama prods illegals to VOTE on national TV: It’s secret, they can’t catch you | BizPac Review

Old 11-26-2016, 02:27 PM

237 posts, read 245,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This was written when everyone thought Trump was going to lose, but it fits PERFECTLY for the diaper pin crowd:

https://www.wired.com/2016/11/trump-...e-still-loses/

Continuing, when they made this all about Trump losing...

I hope that these people are eating their lumps, and realizing that this article needs to be all about Hillary camp and supporters.

And again, words for the Hillaryshills since they were good enough when they all thought Trump was going to lose:
How fitting.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:35 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Anyone notice the goal is now 7 million? Every time the goal is met, it goes up by a few more million.
Why not? It's a nice scam she has going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections