Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 05:20 PM

14,799 posts, read 11,940,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
You don't have to "prove false" any statement to know it is a typical CNN hit piece masquerading as "NEWS" and gobbled up by you guys.

Here is a great example:

"So much for draining the swamp. Nominating Steve Mnuchin to be Treasury Secretary -- a billionaire hedge fund manager and Goldman Sachs alumnus who preyed on homeowners struggling during the recession -- is a slap in the face to voters who hoped he would shake up Washington," said Democratic National Committee spokesman Adam Hodge in a statement

Who said that in a statement?

DNC spokesman Adam Hodge.

AH, there's some real news for ya. A DNC spokesman is bemoaning Trump's picks.

Yeah, no bias from THAT GUY.
This is no surprise whatsoever. It's a given that the main stream media and other left wingers will bemoan whatever Donald Trump says or does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 05:21 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,367,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Didn't Fox News report that Hillary was ahead in a Fox poll just prior to the election?
You should stop fighting the false war of left vs right. You lost.

Fox is no different than CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. It's all corporate controlled media, and they all tried to dismiss Trump as a presidential contender.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:23 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,432,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But you conveniently left off this part.....is a slap in the face to voters who hoped he would shake up Washington," ....... "Trump is already heading into office as the most corrupt, conflicted, and unpopular president-elect in history, and now he's breaking his signature promise to the voters who elected him." Opinion given as "fact". Typical CNN.
You conveniently left out this part:

"So much for draining the swamp. Nominating Steve Mnuchin to be Treasury Secretary -- a billionaire hedge fund manager and Goldman Sachs alumnus who preyed on homeowners struggling during the recession -- is a slap in the face to voters who hoped he would shake up Washington," said Democratic National Committee spokesman Adam Hodge in a statement. "Trump is already heading into office as the most corrupt, conflicted, and unpopular president-elect in history, and now he's breaking his signature promise to the voters who elected him."

So they weren't expressing CNNs' opinion, but quoting a statement they attributed to a statement made by Adam Hodge.

How is that a lie?

Quote:
Doesn't matter to me if you think CNN is the best news organization in the world.
I don't recall saying that. You, on the other hand, claimed that they lied. Where's your proof?

Quote:
You did after all tell us that Hillary Clinton would win the election.
No, I didn't. If you think I did, prove it.

I'll understand if you can't.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:24 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,750,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Is that not expected?
I think the emphasis was supposed to be on Donald Trump, as in, not Hillary Clinton... maybe it would work better in person so you could actually, ya know, hear the emphasis.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
You should stop fighting the false war of left vs right. You lost. Fox is no different than CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. It's all corporate controlled media, and they all tried to dismiss Trump as a presidential contender.
I lost nothing, since I don't recall supporting or voting for either candidate. If you have any evidence to the contrary, present it.

I'll understand if you can't.

The only "war" I'm fighting is the one against opinions masquerading as facts.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:28 PM

38,952 posts, read 50,866,357 times
Gary Cohn, who is COO of Goldman Sachs has been talking to Trump and is rumored for head of Office of Management and the Budget. This is getting a little absurd, I don't care what your politics are. Why not just outsource the government to Goldman Sachs?

Old 11-30-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
This is no surprise whatsoever. It's a given that the main stream media and other left wingers will bemoan whatever Donald Trump says or does.
It's a good thing that the alt-right media and other right wingers have the moral high ground, since they refrained from bemoaning whatever Barack Obama did or said.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:30 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,162,876 times
Quote:
It's a good thing that the alt-right media and other right wingers have the moral high ground, since they refrained from bemoaning whatever Barack Obama did or said.
What did he do ? Other than play golf ?

Old 11-30-2016, 05:32 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,920,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Gary Cohn, who is COO of Goldman Sachs has been talking to Trump and is rumored for head of Office of Management and the Budget. This is getting a little absurd, I don't care what your politics are. Why not just outsource the government to Goldman Sachs?
Do you honestly believe that this hasn't been the case for at least the last 8-16 years? Really nothing new, unfortunately.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:36 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,367,328 times
Quote:
I voted for Obama. I was hugely disappointed that he broke every promise that he made. But this topic isn't about Obama, it isn't about what you call right-wingers, it isn't about me, it isn't about what you call the "alt-right media", it isn't about all the other distractions that you have brought into this topic.

Fact of the matter this topic is based on a hit piece from CNN that declares that Trump is no different than any other politician like Obama (since you bring him up) and won't be "draining the swamp'".

It's nonsense at this point because Trump hasn't even taken office. However if you wish to place what they say at CNN on a pedestal as a credible news source, given everything that has been exposed about them, then so be it. I support your right to believe as you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections