Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 06:53 AM

624 posts, read 370,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Thanks for your vote! She tried her best but the rust belt whites don't like her :'(
Wrong..you don't campaign telling us American's that she is going to help immigrants a path of citizenship to America. The Clintons knows the laws need to be enforced. Alot of families have lost love ones due to illegals.

Illegal immigrants are sponging off of our tax dollars and we are tired of it because we get the short end if the stick.

I voted for Trump against Hillary.

If you look on YouTube about Bill Clinton on immigration. Thats how BIll clinton got elected. He connected with us Americans first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 07:00 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And guess why, the supreme court decided, not the people. Oops, got us into wars which we would have never been in with Gore. How many lives would have been saved.
Please don't rewrite history. The Supreme Court didn't decide Gore was suppose to be President. Gore wanted a recount of a recount and only in specific counties that would benefit him. The Supreme Court said no. Gore would have liked to continue recounts in specific areas for the next year or until he could fake enough votes for him to take the lead. The "People" gave Bush more votes than they gave Gore in the state of Florida.

Last edited by marino760; 12-03-2016 at 07:17 AM..

Old 12-03-2016, 08:14 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Her "thank you events" are very likely to be more Fund Raiser Events.
It's what she does best.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I won't go, but I was disappointed for future female nominees that HRC failed to do what every clear losing nominee has before..concede via a speech the same night...graciously. As the first female nominee, it was important IMO to potential swing voters in future years to act unemotionally to the same degree prior losing candidates have. I suspect she wasn't up to the task. It would have been a nice way to exit stage left. I'm sure John McCain didn't find it easy, nor Romney, nor Kerry, but all who have clearly lost found the intestinal fortitude to follow that proud, American tradition. It is IMO actually viewed well by both parties when the losing nominee does this.
I am disappointed as well. I would just imagine she was in no shape to address the public that night. I don't think it will hurt the future of female candidates though. The country is prime for electing a female,, it just has to be the right one. I am expecting our next president to be either a female, a Hispanic or an Asian.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
She got 2.5 million more votes than the president-Select! I can't be more proud of her!
I see you are back: I am glad you are proud of her: a candidate that was up by double digits just weeks ago; great campaign she ran, good honest gal there. Well lets just say, she probably appreciates your kind words if she even cares at this stage of the game.

Oh and your comment about White Rust belt voters; wow, do I hear some racial overtones in that comment? You do realize more blacks voted for our president elect than they did in 2012 don't you?

Last edited by nmnita; 12-03-2016 at 09:50 AM..

Old 12-03-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And guess why, the supreme court decided, not the people. Oops, got us into wars which we would have never been in with Gore. How many lives would have been saved.
well you have seen Gore and Clinton go down the tubes, which of your candidates will be next? I don't think any of us know how Gore would have handled situations. Remember the congress agreed to go to war, it wasn't Bush by himself. Even your beloved Hillary voted yes.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:48 AM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Please don't rewrite history. The Supreme Court didn't decide Gore was suppose to be President. Gore wanted a recount of a recount and only in specific counties that would benefit him. The Supreme Court said no. Gore would have liked to continue recounts in specific areas for the next year or until he could fake enough votes for him to take the lead. The "People" gave Bush more votes than they gave Gore in the state of Florida.

Correct.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:48 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
I can't even imagine who came up with the idea of a thank you tour, and why they even thought it appropriate. It's pretty obvious it's a copy-cat move, a day late and a dollar short.

They lost. You don't go trailing the winner from state to state; it's just bad form and rather embarrassing, IMO. Hillary probably needs it for her ego.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:51 AM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I can't even imagine who came up with the idea of a thank you tour, and why they even thought it appropriate. It's pretty obvious it's a copy-cat move, a day late and a dollar short.

They lost. You don't go trailing the winner from state to state; it's just bad form and rather embarrassing, IMO. Hillary probably needs it for her ego.

Maybe they will play this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukWRRNqMAZ4

Old 12-03-2016, 10:43 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,065 times
Quote:
She got 2.5 million more votes than the president-Select! I can't be more proud of her!
Oustanding! You should go to her next rally - and bring your checkbook.

I saw a news item a couple days ago that her campaign finance manager is still calling the Democrats' big money donors seeking donations. Apparently, a lot of them aren't taking his calls anymore...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections