Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 02:44 PM

501 posts, read 361,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Why do you hate blue collar Trump supporters so much? It almost reads like a complex. I came from a blue collar union railroad worker family that was always split Democrat and GOP. Before this election I would always lean Democrat. Now that Trump has pushed the protectionism and economic populist that a tiny wing of the GOP to the front, I think many people have found a home in the GOP. What's wrong with that. For many years we only had two pro-globalization candidates.

Why are you making it seem as though the only moral way to vote is pro-globalization?
Oh I dunno, it could be that polls find that 68% of Trump supporters want to rob Iraq of it's oil wealth, 30% of Republicans want to outlaw Islam, Steve Bannon is a white nationalist, Donald Trump has repeatedly made racist claims and overtures, is friends with Roger Stone who calls a CNN anchor a "fat negro", distrusts a judge purely because he's Mexican, goes on ****ing Infowars.com to talk with Alex Jones, refuses to rent to non-white people in his apartment complex, had a senior political aide for years who overtly called black people ******s.

Maybe has something to do with it.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:46 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...utput-america/

Let's split the country into two. Clintonland gets that 64% of GDP, and Trumpland gets the 36%.

Fair?

Considering that some of the right have been calling CA to secede from the union while being rank #1 highest GSP by a large margin, this is one topic that the right and left might just find agreement on.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:48 PM

17,565 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
or- once again the middle and working class voting against their own economic self interests.....
So, people with millions of dollars that would have paid far more in taxes that voted for Hillary are voting for their self-interest?

Old 12-02-2016, 02:53 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
There is so much spinning in this thread, I am dizzy!

Old 12-02-2016, 02:55 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So, people with millions of dollars that would have paid far more in taxes that voted for Hillary are voting for their self-interest?
No- but if you have millions of dollars you can afford to pay a bit more in taxes and still be rich....the guy making 35K a year who votes trump who sees his taxes flat or even go up while the guy who owns his company gets a huge cut is the one that will feel it....

Old 12-02-2016, 03:01 PM

27,548 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Let's split the country into two. Clintonland gets that 64% of GDP, and Trumpland gets the 36%.

Fair?
It does not matter.

Rich people's votes do not count more than poor people's votes, in America.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:01 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Oh I dunno, it could be that polls find that 68% of Trump supporters want to rob Iraq of it's oil wealth, 30% of Republicans want to outlaw Islam, Steve Bannon is a white nationalist, Donald Trump has repeatedly made racist claims and overtures, is friends with Roger Stone who calls a CNN anchor a "fat negro", distrusts a judge purely because he's Mexican, goes on ****ing Infowars.com to talk with Alex Jones, refuses to rent to non-white people in his apartment complex, had a senior political aide for years who overtly called black people ******s.

Trump won African Americans and Latinos than any other GOP candidate in recent years. I mean the claim that Bannon is a white nationalist is just hearsay. The claim to Trump being racist the same and due to liberals thinking they can detect dog-whistles or what not. Alex Jones isn't racist, just nutty. I mean your fixation with race is wild, almost a complex.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:04 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:

That Mexican judge is the racist. He belongs to La Raza.. The Race.. The Mexican judge puts his Mexican heritage before his American citizenship and I consider that racist.

The Muslims would all be welcomed if they didn't have a long history of blowing up people. running over people with large trucks, stabbing people, gunning down people , and chopping heads off if you don't convert to being a Muslim. They attack people at colleges, Christmas parties, malls, social gatherings, restaurants, streets, at work places, in military offices and anywhere they choose.

Jayz calls blacks Ni**ers, women wh*res, so who is the racist and puts down women? The left of course.. they do it for fun and entertainment. They have no problem with that. Get real!

Old 12-02-2016, 03:09 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jayz calls blacks Ni**ers, women wh*res, so who is the racist and puts down women? The left of course.. they do it for fun and entertainment. They have no problem with that. Get real!
I'd like a president that exceeds the bar and expectations set by rappers by a large margin.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:34 PM

17,565 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
No- but if you have millions of dollars you can afford to pay a bit more in taxes and still be rich....the guy making 35K a year who votes trump who sees his taxes flat or even go up while the guy who owns his company gets a huge cut is the one that will feel it....
But how is it in their self interest financially to vote for Clinton? You're explaining how they wouldn't necessarily be hurt badly by it.. but, your argument was that people who voted for Trump did so against their own self interests.. How would a celebrity voting for Clinton who promised to raise taxes on them not be voting against their self interest?

Sticking my hand in a garbage disposal isn't in my best interest. I have another hand, so it wouldn't affect me as much as someone who previously had a tragic cherry-bomb accident, but i'm still sticking my hand in a g-d garbage disposal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections