Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 08:23 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Obama voters were the ones who elected Trump. Those battleground states are full of Democrats. Luckily, I think Trump is going to turn out to be a great president.
I agree I believe Trump will be a great president too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 08:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
That is very true, I was one of them. I had no idea so many Americans, especially in battleground states, would be dumb enough to elect and Orange Clown Monster for president.....I was wrong.
Exactly!

Old 12-07-2016, 08:31 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
What were they all thinking at that time? Here is a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahkMA6JPOHU
That's a good one, and has some of the same clips as my favorite, but the end of mine is better, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Sf...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-08-2016, 01:51 AM

979 posts, read 490,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
That's a good one, and has some of the same clips as my favorite, but the end of mine is better, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Sf...ature=youtu.be
Get use to this, we will have four full years of liberals laughing at Trump. President Trump is probably the best thing that could happen to the comedy world in this country.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:25 AM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
I agree I believe Trump will be a great president too
As do I.

After the election, I was talking with my brother and he summed it up quite well. He said that after Trump won the election, it felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. I know what he meant. I now feel that my grandkids have a bright future ahead.

Another poster had posted this video in another post here on C-D. I'll repost it in case anyone missed it. It's very uplifting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW85ZcswiqM

Old 12-08-2016, 03:24 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
That is very true, I was one of them. I had no idea so many Americans, especially in battleground states, would be dumb enough to elect and Orange Clown Monster for president.....I was wrong.
I never thought Trump could win either. I figured between the number of people who WOULD be dumb enough to elect a self-serving opportunistic grifter with a record of jeopardizing US safety and security through her cavalier handling of classified information as SOS(and lying about it when confronted with her actions), and her campaign's efforts to stuff the ballot boxes in her favor, she'd win no matter how many people actually voted for her opponent.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:29 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I am so happy to be wrong.

I hated both candidates.
But as I sat down to watch the election coverage, I said to my wife, "You know...you know what would be crazy and neat? If Trump just won this."

Because as stupid as he sounded in the debates and as crazy as *some* of the people following him sounded, I was MORE tired of hearing the self-righteous nonsense bs from the left. On here, on tv, and from my liberal friends on facebook - many of whom are STILL bellyaching and saying crazy ass sh** like 'racism won' and crap like that.

And frankly, I am so effin tired of the status quo. Nice to shake things up a little bit. I didn't care for most of the policies of the last 8 years (and that has to do with both the president AND the establishment republicans in congress), I didn't care for losing my health insurance and all my doctors, I didn't care for the FIVE FIGURE tax hike, I didn't care for the new crappy medical "value-based" reimbursement plans, etc.

Happy to be wrong.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:34 AM

979 posts, read 490,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am so happy to be wrong.

I hated both candidates.
But as I sat down to watch the election coverage, I said to my wife, "You know...you know what would be crazy and neat? If Trump just won this."

Because as stupid as he sounded in the debates and as crazy as *some* of the people following him sounded, I was MORE tired of hearing the self-righteous nonsense bs from the left. On here, on tv, and from my liberal friends on facebook - many of whom are STILL bellyaching and saying crazy ass sh** like 'racism won' and crap like that.

And frankly, I am so effin tired of the status quo. Nice to shake things up a little bit. I didn't care for most of the policies of the last 8 years (and that has to do with both the president AND the establishment republicans in congress), I didn't care for losing my health insurance and all my doctors, I didn't care for the FIVE FIGURE tax hike, I didn't care for the new crappy medical "value-based" reimbursement plans, etc.

Happy to be wrong.
It is like having a nice night out drinking some beers and thinking doing some shots of tequila and lines of coke is a great way to shake things up a bit. I have a feeling the shaking that people are hoping for isn't going to be what they wanted when this is all said and done.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:36 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
It is like having a nice night out drinking some beers and thinking doing some shots of tequila and lines of coke is a great way to shake things up a bit. I have a feeling the shaking that people are hoping for isn't going to be what they wanted when this is all said and done.
And I think you've been trained by the media to overreact to everything.

Look, I thought (and still think) he's a buffoon.
But we let a dude with literally ZERO experience run the country for 8 years while an obstructionist bunch of neanderthals stymied almost anything worthwhile in congress.

You really think it could get worse? Ok. Maybe. But I doubt it.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:34 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
I always maintained Hillary was never going to be president.

However, I never thought a guy like Trump would be nominated, much less elected...... until the democrats nominated Hillary.

It pleases me immensely she lost, but we'll just have to see what the big Oompaloompa accomplishes (or not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies