Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2016, 08:38 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

I think it is past time for rational Democrats to step up and separate themselves from the nut cases that are destroying their party. I just heard about this, college kids blaming Trump for weight gain, no sex, etc.Gained weight? No sex? Cut your hair? It’s all Trump’s fault | New York Post and I heard the women were worried about their vagina - they seem really focused on their vaginas, over my 62 years, I haven't ever felt that my vagina was under threat because of politics. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Whatever happened to sanity?

Really, between Stein and people from this article I have posted, the Democratic Party is flushing themselves down the toilet. Just like with any other group, one has to stand up against the minority who are very vocal and ruining it for everyone else.

Really, these women are an embarrassment to me as a woman. I cannot remember another election in my life where the size of a male's genitalia or a woman's genitalia was considered a central issue.

There was the article earlier about one of the "snowflakes", I'd just go with "flakes" myself, that was considering suicide. Geesh!

Rational Democrats, step forward and leave those people behind for the best results in the future for your party!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 08:46 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,132,650 times
It's time for rational [people] in general to separate themselves from the lunacy. Whether you're a supporter of the left-wing screwballs chanting "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," or the right-wing screwballs who embraced the notion of "Gift-From-God Rape," it's time to stop being an a-hole and get real/grow up.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:53 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Rational??....

Old 12-09-2016, 09:25 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
Already did a few years ago.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:29 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
It's time for rational [people] in general to separate themselves from the lunacy. Whether you're a supporter of the left-wing screwballs chanting "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," or the right-wing screwballs who embraced the notion of "Gift-From-God Rape," it's time to stop being an a-hole and get real/grow up.
I couldn't sleep last night (no, it wasn't Trumps' fault) and was watching Everybody Loves Raymond on TV. It would have been one of the episodes from the late 90s. Debra had brought snacks for the t-ball team but they weren't snacks on the "approved list of snacks" and the snack-Nazi was having a meltdown. The teams weren't keeping score of the games (it was "all for fun" so as to not encourage competition) and Rays dad was quietly keeping score. Of course, mayhem and hilarity ensued.

We raised our children with no winners or losers because we didn't want to damage fragile self-esteem. We raised our children in failing, agenda driven schools and then shuffled them along from grade to grade regardless of ability. We have sent messages to minorities that they can blame someone else for their problems. The media and politicians have demonized white men, conservatives and southerners with impunity. We don't know which bathroom to use. We lie about why we allow illegals and refugees into our country. We allow 2-year-old temper tantrums from 20-year-old college students. We try to wipe out the parts of our history that we find contemptible. We undermine the authority of parents, teachers, law enforcement, church leaders and every other group and individual that have historically laid the foundation for our children and that successfully helped to move our next generation into productive, law abiding, respectful adulthood.

When there is no foundation for an individual, when there is no direction, when their are no rules for conduct, and no stability to believe in, what do you expect is going to happen? How do you expect the story to end? Answer: we have what we have now.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:40 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,132,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I couldn't sleep last night (no, it wasn't Trumps' fault) and was watching Everybody Loves Raymond on TV. It would have been one of the episodes from the late 90s. Debra had brought snacks for the t-ball team but they weren't snacks on the "approved list of snacks" and the snack-Nazi was having a meltdown. The teams weren't keeping score of the games (it was "all for fun" so as to not encourage competition) and Rays dad was quietly keeping score. Of course, mayhem and hilarity ensued.

We raised our children with no winners or losers because we didn't want to damage fragile self-esteem. We raised our children in failing, agenda driven schools and then shuffled them along from grade to grade regardless of ability. We have sent messages to minorities that they can blame someone else for their problems. The media and politicians have demonized white men, conservatives and southerners with impunity. We don't know which bathroom to use. We lie about why we allow illegals and refugees into our country. We allow 2-year-old temper tantrums from 20-year-old college students. We try to wipe out the parts of our history that we find contemptible. We undermine the authority of parents, teachers, law enforcement, church leaders and every other group and individual that have historically laid the foundation for our children and that successfully helped to move our next generation into productive, law abiding, respectful adulthood.

When there is no foundation for an individual, when there is no direction, when their are no rules for conduct, and no stability to believe in, what do you expect is going to happen? How do you expect the story to end? Answer: we have what we have now.
I agree with this almost in its entirety (I would personally exclude the church, though I understand what you meant within an historical context). I tend to come back to some things Lawrence Krauss said:
  • Learning (in the positive, productive sense) is perhaps most aptly described as the forcing of one's mind to conform to the evidence of reality, and not the other way around.
  • The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance, but to overcome it.
I fundamentally disagree with the man's politics a majority of the time, but he was absolutely correct when he stated the aforementioned.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:09 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think it is past time for rational Democrats to step up and separate themselves from the nut cases that are destroying their party. I just heard about this, college kids blaming Trump for weight gain, no sex, etc.Gained weight? No sex? Cut your hair? It’s all Trump’s fault | New York Post and I heard the women were worried about their vagina - they seem really focused on their vaginas, over my 62 years, I haven't ever felt that my vagina was under threat because of politics. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Whatever happened to sanity?

Really, between Stein and people from this article I have posted, the Democratic Party is flushing themselves down the toilet. Just like with any other group, one has to stand up against the minority who are very vocal and ruining it for everyone else.

Really, these women are an embarrassment to me as a woman. I cannot remember another election in my life where the size of a male's genitalia or a woman's genitalia was considered a central issue.

There was the article earlier about one of the "snowflakes", I'd just go with "flakes" myself, that was considering suicide. Geesh!

Rational Democrats, step forward and leave those people behind for the best results in the future for your party!
I am glad you and your vagina are on our side😁!

Old 12-09-2016, 03:38 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think it is past time for rational Democrats to step up and separate themselves from the nut cases that are destroying their party.
Exactly what I implied in a post earlier today, with a word substitution and a few extra words.

I think it is past time for rational Republicans to step up and separate themselves from the nut cases that are destroying our nation and what it has always stood for, equality.

I would really like to know if there are any Republicans out there who do not believe in Trump.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:57 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
[quote=RiverBird;46456566]
Quote:
Exactly what I implied in a post earlier today, with a word substitution and a few extra words.

I think it is past time for rational Republicans to step up and separate themselves from the nut cases that are destroying our nation and what it has always stood for, equality.
You have no clue what you are talking about or any real understanding of American History.

Quote:
I would really like to know if there are any Republicans out there who do not believe in Trump.
There have been many republicans on the never Trump path. They have been in the news for months.

Where have you been the last year and a half. Trump isn't a republican.
He is the leader of the republican party transforming it into a party for the forgotten people with the America first vision and direction. No party has ever went in that direction for 70 years. The current GOP isn't the party of Mitt Romney and the elites of the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections