Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 04:04 PM

11,887 posts, read 6,470,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
People on the right were concerned about voter fraud. People on the left were concerned about Russian hacking.

This recount allows all of us to put those concerns and doubts aside and accept the results of the election for what they are.
Except for the concern of illegals voting.
I believe there was a HUGE motivation for illegals to vote against Trump in this election. And there's no way to tell how many illegals vote in states that don't require voter ID. The only party against voter ID is of course the dems, and Obama even subtly encouraged them To vote.

I was in Colorado when 5,000 illegals were caught voting in the gubernatorial race for the democrat candidate, and they only checked a small amount of the votes. Many Illegals have been caught voting in Florida and other states. Border patrol agents say about a third of the illegals they deport have voting cards.
It's a problem democrats don't want to admit.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 04:04 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,573,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
People on the right were concerned about voter fraud. People on the left were concerned about Russian hacking.

This recount allows all of us to put those concerns and doubts aside and accept the results of the election for what they are.
For me, this recount was not so much about simply who won this election and whether they won fairly, but rather the larger issue of whether the country has a serious problem with vote tampering. I despise Trump, of course, so on the one hand it would have been a tremendous relief to see the results reversed (even though I knew the chances of that were somewhere south of zero); but at the same time, had those very sizable margins turned out to be fraudulent or even simply in error, it would have been deeply troubling.

So even though the outcome is that Trump will still be President, my faith in the country's voting system has been somewhat bolstered. And that, in itself, is a pretty good outcome.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:06 PM

17,264 posts, read 11,082,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I believe there was a HUGE motivation for illegals to vote against Trump in this election. And there's no way to tell how many illegals vote in states that don't require voter ID. The only party against voter ID is of course the dems, and Obama even subtly encouraged them To vote.

I was in Colorado when 5,000 illegals were caught voting in the gubernatorial race for the democrat candidate, and they only checked a small amount of the votes. Many Illegals have been caught voting in Florida and other states. Border patrol agents say about a third of the illegals they deport have voting cards.
I agree with you except recounting the votes would not and has not determined if any illegals voted and in what numbers.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:07 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:

No they haven't.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:12 PM

17,264 posts, read 11,082,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
For me, this recount was not so much about simply who won this election and whether they won fairly, but rather the larger issue of whether the country has a serious problem with vote tampering. I despise Trump, of course, so on the one hand it would have been a tremendous relief to see the results reversed (even though I knew the chances of that were somewhere south of zero); but at the same time, had those very sizable margins turned out to be fraudulent or even simply in error, it would have been deeply troubling.

So even though the outcome is that Trump will still be President, my faith in the country's voting system has been somewhat bolstered. And that, in itself, is a pretty good outcome.
Good post. That's really what it now comes down to whether or not you support Trump.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:18 PM

45,257 posts, read 26,754,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I agree with you except recounting the votes would not and has not determined if any illegals voted and in what numbers.
Agreed... that's a problem that is beyond what takes place on election day.

-------------------------

Recount is official. Trump +162 on the tally.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:21 PM

12,682 posts, read 6,678,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There was no massive cheating like certain groups want to promote.
Unfortunately for those strongly opposing Voter ID Laws -- this just isn't true. Some pretty serious cheating was uncovered in Michigan. Voter ID laws can't stop poll workers from scanning ballots repeatedly, but it does demonstrate that there's some shady stuff going on out there.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:25 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Unfortunately for those strongly opposing Voter ID Laws -- this just isn't true. Some pretty serious cheating was uncovered in Michigan. Voter ID laws can't stop poll workers from scanning ballots repeatedly, but it does demonstrate that there's some shady stuff going on out there.
No there wasn't.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:26 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,573,484 times
Quote:
I was in Colorado when 5,000 illegals were caught voting in the gubernatorial race for the democrat candidate, and they only checked a small amount of the votes.
Actually, that never happened. The Colorado Secretary of State (a Republican) admitted he just made up the number to illustrate a point...

Quote:
The Gazette reported that Gessler told Congress nearly 12,000 illegal aliens were registered to vote and up to 5,000 may have cast votes in the last general election.

Andrew Cole, a spokesman with Gessler’s office, said he was attempting to make a point that our current system does not have the capability to effectively confirm with certainty the eligibility of voters in the state.

In his statement before Congress, Gessler was able to say they were only “nearly certain that 106 individuals are improperly registered to vote.” Cole explained the 5,000 number arose from individuals who were identified as being ineligible to vote at the time they obtained their driver’s license.
Gessler’s office clarifies remarks about 5,000 illegals voting in last election | Northern Colorado Gazette

Quote:
Many Illegals have been caught voting in Florida and other states.
Definitely true. Pennsylvania and Virginia are two more that come immediately to mind off the top of my head.

Quote:
Border patrol agents say about a third of the illegals they deport have voting cards.
No offense, but I'd sure be interested in seeing a cite for that one. That would be a significant figure.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:27 PM

45,257 posts, read 26,754,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No there wasn't.
Yes - there was a problem...

Michigan to Audit 'Significant Mismatches' in Detroit Vote

The audit ordered Monday stems from a precinct in which 300 people were recorded as voting but only 50 ballots were in a sealed container. State spokesman Fred Woodhams says there's no reason to suspect people's votes weren't counted, but Michigan is aware of "significant mismatches" at roughly 20 of Detroit's 490 precincts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections