Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 06:21 PM

40,922 posts, read 48,883,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Civil War

I simply wonder who would be on the side of Hillary and dems, as most of the members of the military and police would "stand down" and not support such tyranny.
There is no doubt who the Military would follow. Let a judge swear in Trump and assume control.

I jokingly above mentioned the Generals in his staff. But these men have commanded and have a following.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 07:06 PM

2,570 posts, read 1,731,430 times
If the EC were to do anything like you are describing, it would have been done the 1st time ever during the 2000 presidential election, when times were alot crazier.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:32 PM

649 posts, read 314,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There would be dancing in the streets.
Liberals dancing from street lamp poles I would imagine .

Old 12-13-2016, 10:35 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,674,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There would be dancing in the streets.
and bloodshed like you've never seen.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:36 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,674,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Civil War

I simply wonder who would be on the side of Hillary and dems, as most of the members of the military and police would "stand down" and not support such tyranny.

If such an event happened (which it will not), the republic is finished and we are in the midst of a Civil War, in which the "combatants" both have nuclear weapons.

Is the destruction of the US worth the desires and cravings of an aging, corrupt old bag?
Its not about the corrupt old bag, its about the globalists, hillary is their puppet, THEY want to stay in power, and she's their paid hack.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:46 PM

32,892 posts, read 12,161,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Then it will represent the worst Constitutional crisis since the Civil War.

This would of course require 270 electors to vote for Clinton. That means that about 40 Trump electors would have to vote for her and none of Hillary's could defect. Not likely to happen. If a Republican elector refuses to vote for Trump, he'll vote for Romney or Kasich or somebody like that.
As someone pointed out a few weeks ago, the electors can only vote for someone who got at least one electoral vote. So if any of them want to cast a vote for someone else this time, it has to be Hillary.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:07 PM

32,892 posts, read 12,161,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
If the EC were to do anything like you are describing, it would have been done the 1st time ever during the 2000 presidential election, when times were alot crazier.
It never got to that point in 2000. The SCOTUS decision avoided any potential controversy re the electors. The Bush v. Gore decision was handed down on December 12th, 2000, and the 'voter meeting' for the electors was on December 18th, 2000.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:13 PM

16,246 posts, read 8,362,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Your response is not very fair. I have admitted many times that I accept the election result. In my OP, I admitted that it would take a miracle for Clinton to win now.

My question is purely theoretical. Would Trump and Trump supporters concede if by a miracle the EC elects Clinton?
This is an absurd notion unless we are playing "what if".
I guess we could say if space aliens came to America and said they anoint Hillary as leader, would Trump & supporters accept it?

There is no way for Hillary to become potus now, period. All this speculation is just designed to try and de-legitimize Trump even before he takes office.
You must realize that, so why the exercise in futility?

Old 12-13-2016, 11:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,654,023 times
Quote:
Your response is not very fair. I have admitted many times that I accept the election result. In my OP, I admitted that it would take a miracle for Clinton to win now.

My question is purely theoretical. Would Trump and Trump supporters concede if by a miracle the EC elects Clinton?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
To answer your hypothetical question. If that "miracle" occurred it would go down in history books as the "first shot taken" in the 2nd US Civil War. Even liberals would agree this would be a disaster for our country if it were to happen. And I am not exaggerating, get ready for a literal Civil War if this were to happen, which it won't.
i agree that there would in fact be a second civil war. it would be extremely violent and bloody. the question then becomes, what happens afterwards? that would depend on who wins.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:39 PM

31,861 posts, read 14,847,797 times
Quote:
By a miracle, the EC elects Clinton. Will Trump supporters concede?
Oh no. That won't happen. Our country is more divided than ever. This would just make it worse and the electoral college knows that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections