Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 11:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,339,365 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump was just as surprised as the rest of the country.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...f-poll-results
  • The president-elect said he was planning on concession speech
  • Trump said he figured he’d thank guests and ‘I’m out of there’

Only fanatical, bind followers expected him to win, imo......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 11:21 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,526,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Didn't you also tell us 1000 times that he had no chance of winning?

Old 12-14-2016, 11:40 AM

25,794 posts, read 21,956,597 times
Quote:

Actually, people that believed in our country and that we still cared about the values that our ancestors cared about knew Trump would win if Hillary didn't cheat her way to victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hey, did you fall asleep during the campaign? It had to be more than a 1000 times!

Old 12-14-2016, 11:41 AM

“I went to see my wife. I say, ‘Baby, I tell you what. We’re not going to win tonight,”’ Trump said in West Allis, Wisconsin

What else is there to say?

Seriously.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:53 AM

17,320 posts, read 11,196,684 times
Quote:

And he did win, so what is the point of this thread?

Old 12-14-2016, 11:59 AM

I think Trump was probably braced for a loss and this thought was a part of it. We all know how hard Hillary and her crew worked to cheat their way to victory beginning with screwing Sanders and hoping to do the same thing to Trump.

Looks like Trump was ready to accept defeat if it came, as were his supporters, yet Hillary and her supporters, more than a month after her defeat, are still trying to carve a way for her to victory.

Trump was obviously better parented than Hillary. Most mature adults know that "you win a few and lose a few".

Thank God we now know that the election could not be bought! Trump lives in the real world and knows that many things can be bought thus his concern just like all or most of his supporters had concern.

Hillary Clinton defeated herself with her moral, mental and physical incompetence. Many of us feared that she would cheat and buy her way to the office of POTUS.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:00 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,747,390 times
Quote:
Just like they foolishly believe he has a "mandate", that the country "rejected" Clinton, that "3 million illegals" voted in California, that he's going to "drain the swamp", that he's going to "build a wall", that he's going to "bring back jobs" and the list goes on...

Old 12-14-2016, 12:09 PM

I guess too that Trump wanted to giving the polling agencies the benefit of the doubt and not call them out for the lying cheats that they were.

Mature adults are prepared to lose thus avoiding months of depression, suicide attempts and hateful acts.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:10 PM

18,765 posts, read 18,054,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I think it was more than that!

They are now trying another 'new' strategy: They will just call us dumbasses and snowflakes and that will bring us to our senses. We will drop to our knees and beg the electors to renege on their promises.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And he did win, so what is the point of this thread?

The point is that even the candidate believed that he was going to lose. The polls we referenced were the polls he also believed were accurate. We were wrong; he was wrong.

So why hold posters here on CDF to a higher standard than you do your own guy, Pres-Elect Clown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections