Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 01:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
First of all, I need to make extra clear that I accept the election result and is fully accepting of DT as the next president.

The will of the people you speak of wants Clinton. She won the populous vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
For months we heard about the Blue Wall, the wide path to 270, the deer track to 270, the 95% chance of winning, etc.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but until California Trump was leading in the popular vote. That state was the flip over. I somewhat think that most people, regardless of their political leaning, wouldn't be too keen on California deciding elections.
Quote:
I did not say Clinton won the EC. I said she won the populous vote. Unless you have proof that this is not the case...

My argument stands. The will of the people, meaning the popular vote, clearly gave Clinton this one. But the way the system works, Trump won. I admit that.
hillary may have won the national popular vote, but fortunately that counts for NOTHING since it is the STATE popular votes that count, and in that matter, trump won enough states to win the election. and north beach person is right, trump was winning the national popular vote until calfornia weighed in.

and this is precisely why the electoral college was created, to prevent populous states like california from dictating who the president will be each four year election cycle.

remember that there are something like 3181 counties in the US and trump won 82% of then, talk about the will of the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 01:05 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
I did not say Clinton won the EC. I said she won the populous vote. Unless you have proof that this is not the case...

My argument stands. The will of the people, meaning the popular vote, clearly gave Clinton this one. But the way the system works, Trump won. I admit that.
You either don't understand Blake Jones' post that you are replying to above ^^^^^, or you are intentionally ignoring the substance of his post because it doesn't fit the narrative you are trying to project...because your reply above doesn't address Blake's point at all.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:37 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
To me, the will of the people means the popular opinion, aka the majority. He should have said the will of the states if that is all that counts.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:53 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Why not? California produces more GDP than any other state by a wide margin. Texas is the next one down, and its GDP is half that of California. Unless you hate capitalism and production of wealth...
And once again what was said, and the deeper meaning, flew right over your head.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:56 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
I didn't realize that Olbermann was still on TV. Thought he went away when Current went belly up.

Is he on some obscure network now?

Old 12-15-2016, 01:58 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
I laughed so hard at this dude.

He is normally ridiculous, but this was a new level for even him.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:04 PM

649 posts, read 316,557 times
The Hillary won the popular vote line is so old & tired I can't believe anyone is still using it . California does not reflect the will of the country . Those bat crap crazy people out there are in an asylum all their own with a couple exceptions .

Old 12-15-2016, 03:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
To me, the will of the people means the popular opinion, aka the majority. He should have said the will of the states if that is all that counts.
really? take a good look at the electoral map by county, and note that trump won 82% of the counties in this country. that to me is the will of the people, not a few population centers.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:51 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? take a good look at the electoral map by county, and note that trump won 82% of the counties in this country. that to me is the will of the people, not a few population centers.
Oh, so dirt represents the will of the people now?

Make up your mind. Does the will of the people reflect the actual people or does the will of the people reflect the dirt quantity?

Old 12-15-2016, 04:53 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,621 times
Get over Hillary, she is in the past. Donald Trump is the winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections