Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 06:36 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump actually thanked African Americans for not voting as a huge factor for his win. He said that in Pennsylvania.

Trump Tells Cheering Crowd To Thank African-Americans for Not Voting

While he devoted half his speech to reliving election night in endless detail and uses these events to bathe in his ego, he sprinkles insults and mocking throughout. Then talks about how he will unify the nation. Why does he say that? A non-supporter watching him full on hates him by the end and he talks about unity? Why bother? Trump is acting exactly as everyone expected, so why even say the word unity? It makes no sense. I watched the Pennsylvania speech and all I thought was how did anyone vote for this guy. But the word "wall" received a lot of cheering so...
AA's who didn't come out to vote for Hillary.

Quote:
.......and therefore "didn't come out to vote" for his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.
From your own very anti-Trump source.

Didn't come out to vote for Hillary....not that they didn't VOTE.

Last edited by Informed Info; 12-17-2016 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 07:26 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
But when they realize they were lied to it's not going to be pretty. He is going to do irreparable damage to your party. I've already got my popcorn at the ready. The next four years promise to be the best entertainment money could possibly buy.
You mean just as Obama lied about hope and change . Na Trump is going to deliver he hates to lose .

Old 12-18-2016, 04:48 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
But when they realize they were lied to it's not going to be pretty. He is going to do irreparable damage to your party. I've already got my popcorn at the ready. The next four years promise to be the best entertainment money could possibly buy.
Sides? I'm a Democrat. I voted for Obama, not because I wanted to see the other party destroyed, but because I believed his promises that he would do something good for America. He lied, failed, and departs office in disgrace as a failed President.

So I, as a democrat, decided to support Trump. IMO, since you raise issue, you ought to take off those partisan glasses and see things as they are instead of looking forward to more of the same. We should all be hoping this isn't the case. I did this because I absolutely could not bring myself to support the criminal, Hillary Clinton.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:10 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
We've been listening to your doom and gloom predictions since Trump decided to run. Not a single prediction has come true. Why start listening now?

He has already saved Carrier jobs and isn't even president yet. Optimism is at an all time high in the business world. Good things are happening, with more coming once he gets in office.

Damage to our party? Riding Trump's coattails has gotten more Republican seats in Congress since 1947. The only damage might be to the entrenched liars and backstabbers who have not honored the will of the people for years. And good riddance when they go.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:02 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
These rallies are driven by narcissism to a degree, but they do serve a purpose. Trump made something of a personal connection with Joe Six Pack and Joanne The Avon Lady types with these sort of rallies like no other candidate before, and that demographic's support played a pivotal role in Trump's stunning victory. He'll continue to need that sort of popular support during his Presidency to help keep him politically buoyant despite whatever controversy/situation he stirs up or gets himself into.

Or is manufactured by the left wing propaganda machine known as the MSM.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections