Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 02:55 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,064,478 times

Advertisements

Obama: 'Partisan Media' Created Need to Fight 'Fake News'

President Barack Obama angrily denounced “partisan” media outlets for making the United States more divided and dysfunctional and destroying the political process.
“If fake news that’s being released by some foreign government is almost identical to reports that are being issued through partisan news venues then it’s not surprising that that foreign propaganda will have a greater effect,” he remarked during a press conference at the White House on Friday.

Thanks to partisan media and talk radio, Obama said, more Americans believed in the propaganda allegedly being sent out by foreign governments — though outlets like NPR have identified one creator of viral fabricated news stories as California Democrat Jestin Coler, the CEO of Disinfomedia.

“[V]oters who’ve been listening to that stuff for years, who have been getting that stuff everyday from talk radio or other venues, they’re going to believe it,” President Obama said.

He called for both parties to strengthen the political process and make the political dialogue stronger and better to thwart their attempts at influencing the political process

do you agree with Obama that we need to fight "Fake news"? Why is this talk radio having such an effect? Why is it overpowering the major news networks that were 100% in the tank for Hillary Clinton and the Democrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 02:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
********* Mr (If you like your health care plan, you can keep it) President.

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it' | PolitiFact

Last edited by pknopp; 12-16-2016 at 03:39 PM..

Old 12-16-2016, 03:26 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,206,639 times
Obama is the divisive one. He has been a complete failure and should shut the **** up.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:34 PM

652 posts, read 338,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
F*k you Mr (If you like your health care plan, you can keep it) President.

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it' | PolitiFact
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Obama is the divisive one. He has been a complete failure and should shut the **** up.
Gotta say ditto and ditto!

Old 12-16-2016, 03:46 PM

30,198 posts, read 23,608,007 times
Wish I could draw well...I would put up the image in my mind of what the Dems look like right now.

All this shows is that the Dem party has fallen off the cliff, grabbed a branch, and is scrambling to get back up to the top of the cliff as sand and rocks break away, their hold becoming weaker and weaker, soon to fall in to the giant abyss.

I'm still laughing at the libs with every post, and when they finally do lose their grip on the face of that cliff and plummet, I'm going to throw an even bigger celebration than I did on the night that Trump won the election.

Old 12-16-2016, 04:56 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
********* Mr (If you like your health care plan, you can keep it) President.

... and whose mouthpiece Susan Rice went on all the Sunday talk shows to peddle the lie "Bengazi was because of a YouTube video".

Old 12-17-2016, 07:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,843,961 times
Fake news? Like a Movie caused Benghazi? Just an example of fake news from the Whitehouse. How about all those shovel ready jobs that never materialized. What about Romney didn't pay taxes? What about ISIS is the ivy league and nothing to worry about?
I can go on and on.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:06 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,996,828 times
The ultra bias reporting at ABC and the like are what have me steaming against the left. Ozipit is most likely referring to rush and fox. Surely he wouldn't recognize the bigger offender, the msm and himself. Polls show that race relations tanked during Odummy term.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:36 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,373,680 times
Obama is the first president to be (rightly) called a p*ssy on mainstream TV.

Maybe he will be the first one to to S*T*F*U before his "presidency" is over.

I like Pence's comment the other day: "8 years ago Obama took the presidency with no executive experience; he will leave it the same way". Fitting.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:52 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,724,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wish I could draw well...I would put up the image in my mind of what the Dems look like right now.

Is it anything like this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections