Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 03:19 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,995 times

Advertisements

get real, no one can predict what will happen in 2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 03:20 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Way too soon to tell. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that the establishment and crooked lyin' Hillary got kicked in the teeth. We've finally got a non politician running things. All good.

But we have no idea how Trump is going to over the next 4 years. Trump could get impeached. We simply don't know. Let's see where we are at in two years.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:22 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump is a forgone conclusion to win in 2020
I'll bet Trump doesn't even run in 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I said for months that Hillary was going to lose by landslide proportions. This is what happened.
She did not lose by landslide proportions. If you don't understand what a landslide is then look at both of Reagan's Elections.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:24 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

He has an uphill climb. He's way behind where other presidential candidates were at this point. Plus, he has no idea what he is doing.

"...Nov. 30-Dec. 5 among 1,502 adults, finds that 40% approve of Trump’s cabinet choices and high-level appointments, while 41% approve of the job he has done so far in explaining his policies and plans for the future. In December 2008, 71% of Americans approved of Barack Obama’s cabinet choices, and 58% expressed positive views of George W. Bush’s high-level appointments in January 2001, prior to his inauguration. Similarly, higher shares approved of the way that both Obama (72%) and Bush (50%) explained their policies and plans for the future than say that about Trump today..."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...han-bush-obama

Trump's Transition Approval Lower Than Predecessors' | Gallup

Just like the polls that said Hillary would easily win

Old 12-18-2016, 03:27 PM

148 posts, read 224,001 times
A lot depends on the economy in 2020. One thing is for certain. The Democrats have not stopped calling 62 million voters a bunch of racists, white supremists, nazis, etc. It would be unbelievable for them to ask those people to vote for Democrats in 2020 (or 2018, or ever). The divide between the East/Western coastal voters and Fly Over Country voters will continue to grow. If Trump adds Colorado, New Hampshire, and Minnesota to the electoral majority, it will be no contest.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:29 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

He has an uphill climb. He's way behind where other presidential candidates were at this point. Plus, he has no idea what he is doing.

"...Nov. 30-Dec. 5 among 1,502 adults, finds that 40% approve of Trump’s cabinet choices and high-level appointments, while 41% approve of the job he has done so far in explaining his policies and plans for the future. In December 2008, 71% of Americans approved of Barack Obama’s cabinet choices, and 58% expressed positive views of George W. Bush’s high-level appointments in January 2001, prior to his inauguration. Similarly, higher shares approved of the way that both Obama (72%) and Bush (50%) explained their policies and plans for the future than say that about Trump today..."

Trump transition approval lower than Bush, Obama | TheHill

Trump's Transition Approval Lower Than Predecessors' | Gallup
What a load of bull. Trump is assembling his cabinet at a rate faster than any other president elect, and his choices are well received by practically everyone....except Dems. Big surprise there. What exactly is he running behind on?

Anyone who doesn't know Trump's policies hasn't made it their business to educate themselves. I have been hearing about the claim he has "no policies" ever since he decided to run, but he stated them over and over again at his rallies and they were always on his website.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:30 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewest View Post
A lot depends on the economy in 2020. One thing is for certain. The Democrats have not stopped calling 62 million voters a bunch of racists, white supremists, nazis, etc. It would be unbelievable for them to ask those people to vote for Democrats in 2020 (or 2018, or ever).
Exactly! I love watching the Democrats hang themselves in this way. There were many Obama 2012 voters who backed Trump in 2016. There will be many Clinton 2016 voters that vote for Trump 2020.

If you're trying to get someone to join your side/cause/movement, is there a less effective way of doing that than calling them a racist/misogynist/white supremacist/neo-nazi? Can't think of one myself!

Old 12-18-2016, 03:34 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
It's truly amazing what constitutes a landslide in the eyes of the Trump cultists.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:38 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It's truly amazing what constitutes a landslide in the eyes of the Trump cultists.
It's truly amazing Hillary couldn't win despite the president, Vice President, First Lady, a popular senator, a and former president campaigning for her. All of academia, the mainstream media, and Hollywood behind her, and 1.2 billion in campaign money. Not to mention the supposed best get out tonvote and ground game operations

Old 12-18-2016, 04:14 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I'll bet Trump doesn't even run in 2020.

She did not lose by landslide proportions. If you don't understand what a landslide is then look at both of Reagan's Elections.
I agree with both points.

Trump's supporters will get tired of his false promises in a year or two. I expect him to be quickly tangled up in controversies that will derail his presidency. In addition, only two other presidents (Reagan and Eisenhower) have been in office past their 70th birthday. Based on how other presidents have aged in office, I don't think Trump would even want to run again at age 74.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections