Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 12:45 AM

26,781 posts, read 15,026,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
happened in Pennsylvania, too - a small crowd of people chanted "shame on you!" at the electors.

Never seen the country so divided, so polarized, so bitter, and so hateful, and there has never been an incoming President as widely and deeply hated as Trump. I am not eager to greet the future.

I am.
We have had enough- no more!

Last edited by bluesjuke; 12-21-2016 at 01:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 12:50 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,493,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Note: I'm not a Trump or Hillary voter.

I think the biggest threat to the democrats is the continued attacks on American voters, many of whom supported Obama in previous elections but just hated Hillary a little bit more than Trump.

Calling moderate swing voters stupid, uneducated, racist, women hating rednecks (and worse) is NOT a winning tactic.

I can see analysts pointing back to this years from now as proof of the democratic party hitting a really rough patch.

Lastly, dems need to give up on guns. It's killing them in the Senate.
If you go to a typical workplace most people are in general moderate with no strong positions towards the left or right. Voted for Trump this election.

Why? Because the democrats alienated moderates. They went too far to the left with social issues that aren't popular with middle class and even affluent class.

Obama spent months going after states suing to get states to adopt the Feds bathroom policy. He didn't spend much time on the economy at all, he said we're doing great and he's saved us from the recession.

It's clear to me as an independent that the Democrats alienated most working class Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections