Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 03:41 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times

Advertisements

How weird. Wonder why he suddenly decided to pander for the gay vote? Is it because Ellen DeGeneres endorsed Hillary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 03:43 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
And you're going to be hearing a lot more about this prince. The country is full of libs, better get used to it.
When I read all the sillyness from the anti-Obama group, it let's me know that YES I was smart to give him my vote, and I don't give a hang if he is for gay rights! I cannot believe some of these posts against Obama, they probably think Bush did a great job too
Sassy

Old 02-28-2008, 03:45 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
Out of curiosity, what does tax day have anything to do with gays?

it's taxation without representation. gay ppl disportionately pay a greater share of income taxes due to having little of the precious tax credits that married ppl and ppl with kids routinely receive.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:46 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
I don't know why the following people have a problem with this article

paperhouse
I have a problem with it because Obama only brings this up because he wants our votes. That's it. He's pandering. Besides, Hillary is a better candidate for gay people. She's pushing for equal coverage for same sex partners in federal positions. DOMA is unconstitutional anyway. Let the courts handle it.

9,362 posts, read 14,307,279 times
I see shades of Kerry-flop part II.

Now let's get back to the real issue plaguing the country, the gross imbalance between domestic production and consumption, abetted by our suicidal monetary and credit policies, in part also at the core of the health care fiasco.

On second thought, nahhhh, forget it, let's keep devoting precious energy to red herring issues, like counting how many angels can fit on the head of a pin while the barbarians come crashing at the gates. Now that's real moral high ground, isn't it?

403 posts, read 748,934 times
Why is it pandering to gays and lebsian when all Obama is saying is that he will repeal DOMA? I, as a straight woman want DOMA repealed and so do other straight people.

And I don't know what taxes have anything to do with gay marriage. If you anyone is aganist marriage --- just say so. However, let's not try to change the subject to taxes.

Quote:

paperhouse

I have a problem with it because Obama only brings this up because he wants our votes. That's it. He's pandering. Besides, Hillary is a better candidate for gay people. She's pushing for equal coverage for same sex partners in federal positions. DOMA is unconstitutional anyway. Let the courts handle it.

Yes he wants your, mine and other people's vote and he is letting his position now. Judging by your quote it seems you have a problem with gay marriage and if so---fine. Just say so, don't try to say that obama is pandering to gays and lesbian by saying that he will repeal DOMA.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I see shades of Kerry-flop part II.

Now let's get back to the real issue plaguing the country, the gross imbalance between domestic production and consumption, abetted by our suicidal monetary and credit policies, in part also at the core of the health care fiasco.

On second thought, nahhhh, forget it, let's keep devoting precious energy to red herring issues, like counting how many angels can fit on the head of a pin while the barbarians come crashing at the gates, that's real moral high ground, isn't it?
16 angels can fit on the head of a pen. Abortion, gays. Rinse, repeat.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:53 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,062,322 times
Quote:
Is it because Ellen DeGeneres endorsed Hillary?
She didn't. She just interviewed her. She did the same with Obama today.

RedLasso - Senator Obama on Ellen via Satellite

Old 02-28-2008, 03:55 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
He seems to have had this position for awhile and it seems to be stronger than Hillary's. He wants to repeal the law completely. There would be no need for a court battle if their is no law to fight. I do not see how a gay person can find a way to make this a minus on the Obama scorecard. It shows a lack of any objectivity remaining in your ability to use reason and fairness.

I am not a big fan of Hillary's, but I give her credit when it's do.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
He seems to have had this position for awhile and it seems to be stronger than Hillary's. He wants to repeal the law completely. There would be no need for a court battle if their is no law to fight. I do not see how a gay person can find a way to make this a minus on the Obama scorecard. It shows a lack of any objectivity remaining in your ability to use reason and fairness.

I am not a big fan of Hillary's, but I give her credit when it's do.
I'm against putting people into boxes and groups. If it repeals the law, fine. I believe Hillary has a better record. I'm not voting for either of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections