Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 06:53 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'll try to veer it over a bit ...

Well, there's another issue that the Kaptain will pounce on:

No lapel pin ... unpatriotic
Wife is really proud for the first time ... unamerican
He loves them gays!!!
Speaking of unpatriotic bastards, the first George Bush is not only missing his lapel pin, he doesn't even put his hand over his heart during the national anthem!

Lib Commie Traitor . (Joke, BTW - I voted for the man.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 06:58 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Speaking of unpatriotic bastards, the first George Bush is not only missing his lapel pin, he doesn't even put his hand over his heart during the national anthem!

Was that picture pre or post 9-11?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:55 AM

5 posts, read 14,351 times
Default You are an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
And you're going to be hearing a lot more about this prince. The country is full of libs, better get used to it.
Sorry to say, whether you know it or not- there is no such thing as a liberal or conservative party in this country. There is only a split delusion in that there appear to be both. Liberals are people who care about people (or so it seems) and then the appearance of a conservative party, which appears strong, relentless and wants people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

The ugly truth is there is a middle party running this hoeseschit affair pitting both against each other while freedom is being dismantled.

After my burst of clarity I dropped liberal views and became a realist. Both parties of full of it, and both parties support the elite agenda (this is the middle group which holds all the power) which protects only 1% of the population- the uber-wealthy- everyone else, including you, are expendable.

We are disposable slaves and to believe anything else is sheer fodder!

Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

Has George H.W. Bush come out of the closet now? Because this is a thread about gay issues, specifically, Obama's "Open letter to the Gay Community".
In addition, this topic is currently being discussed here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...patriotic.html

Old 02-29-2008, 02:11 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,591,613 times
I personally think it is refreshing to hear candidates refer to gay issues and not use them as a scare tactic as was done in the past. Some folks have a short memory. I remember Emperor Bush using gays as a way to get votes but only in a fear-mongering way. Let's grow up folks. There are already a number of countries that support this issue and I don't see their families falling apart. No group should be discriminated against. When one group is, it is used as a rationale to discriminate against others.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:47 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
I personally think it is refreshing to hear candidates refer to gay issues and not use them as a scare tactic as was done in the past. Some folks have a short memory. I remember Emperor Bush using gays as a way to get votes but only in a fear-mongering way. Let's grow up folks. There are already a number of countries that support this issue and I don't see their families falling apart. No group should be discriminated against. When one group is, it is used as a rationale to discriminate against others.
Right on jonjj

And the point about Obama taking on the needs of all Americans [in contrast to the Bible-Belters hating anything outside their little worlds until their kids come out of the darkness of the Christian closet].

Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,591,613 times
South Africa has a diverse history when it comes to the legal and social status of LGBT people as a result of traditional South African mores, western imperialism, Apartheid and the human rights movement that contributed to the down fall of apartheid. South Africa's post-apartheid constitution was the first in the world to outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation, and on 1 December 2006 South Africa made history by becoming the fifth country in the world and first in Africa to legalise same-sex marriage, then a year later, an equal age of consent was achieved, after long and lenthy debate and a complete overhaul of sexual offences legislation became gender-neutralized at 16.

The folks in South Africa understand that NO discrimination is the way to go.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:38 PM

144 posts, read 335,851 times
Happ you are a miserable person. Please seek some counseling and I will ask all the Bible beaters to pray for your poor tortured soul.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:22 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
Has George H.W. Bush come out of the closet now? Because this is a thread about gay issues, specifically, Obama's "Open letter to the Gay Community".
In addition, this topic is currently being discussed here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...patriotic.html

hahaha. that picture makes it look as if bush is picking his as*.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:36 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post

I absolutely agree with the first part of what you have said and that's what I have been saying all along. Who CARES what it's called, as long as the benefits are the same.

As to the second part of your statement, what the hell is this "agenda" that I supposedly have and why haven't I received the memo? Can you please inform me?
I'm sorry that it took so long to get back to this thread , but that's life , now what I meant by the "Homosexual Agenda" "is" the Homosexual Movement trying to convince everybody that they are just like everybody else, which is something that was totally missing in the Civil Rights Movement
we Afro-American didn't care what anybody thought about us we just wanted our Freedoms and Liberties and Civil Rights....Homosexuals are in no way like Hetersexuals , but they should have all of the Freedoms and Liberties and Civil Rights as anybody else......Just stop trying to force everybody to agree that what you are doing is "Right" or "Normal"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections