Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 08:03 AM

26,294 posts, read 14,897,823 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/0b7992d...r-figured.html

I am surprised Biden was this candid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 09:18 AM

9,138 posts, read 13,160,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/0b7992d...r-figured.html

I am surprised Biden was this candid.
From the article:

Biden: Clinton never figured out why she was running
More
Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton felt compelled to run for president despite lacking a clear campaign vision, Vice President Joe Biden argued in an interview published Thursday. "I don't think she ever really figured it out," Biden told the Los Angeles Times' Mike Memoli. "And by the way, I think it was really hard for her to decide to run." Biden said Clinton likely felt obliged to run for president and that the historic nature of her bid weighed on her decision-making. "She thought she had no choice but to run. That, as the first woman who had an opportunity to win the presidency, I think it was a real burden on her," Biden said. MUST WATCH That time -- actually, times -- Joe Biden ran for president02
:03

Wait a minute - Hillary Clinton HAD TO RUN???

You mean the Clintons HAD to abandon their home state of Arkansas after Bill left the White House, Hillary HAD to run for the US Senate in New York, she HAD to run against Obama in 2008, she HAD to become Secretary of State and she HAD to run again in 2016? Because she HAD no choice?!?

There is a bridge for sale in Brooklyn for people who believe that!

The other First Ladies that I remember; Nancy Reagan, Barbra Bush, Laura Bush and Michelle Obama - it would be just as historic if they had run for President. Hillary Clinton does not have a lock on history and there never was and is no obligation on her part to run.

She ran for President because she wanted to run for President.

Unfortunately for Clinton, she lacked a real message that resonated with people, which is why she lost against both a liberal Democrat and a Republican.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:03 AM

45,331 posts, read 26,905,641 times
She ran for president because it was part of the family business of political influence for corporate favors disguised as a non-profit organization.

She would have liked to have made history.

I don't think she cared too much about actually serving as president - which is why she did not have a message. Think about it - as long as her and her husband have been in government, and she couldn't get a message out there??

Bill probably pushed her into it. He will probably push Chelsea to be in government.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:21 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,966,025 times
Maybe this is just the new excuse coming from the Clinton camp.. after fake news, Russians, Comey etc.. it is going to be she lost because her heart was not into it...

Old 12-23-2016, 10:30 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,317,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
She ran for president because it was part of the family business of political influence for corporate favors disguised as a non-profit organization.

She would have liked to have made history.

I don't think she cared too much about actually serving as president - which is why she did not have a message. Think about it - as long as her and her husband have been in government, and she couldn't get a message out there??

Bill probably pushed her into it. He will probably push Chelsea to be in government.
The Clintons have an insatiable appetite for power (over other peoples' lives). There is no better way of obtaining more power than by becoming President. Now that Bill maxed out his time in the Oval Office, it was time for Hillary to attempt to do the same. As noted above, the Clintons accumulate power (and money) for their benefit and their benefit only. Anyone who thinks they are compassionate, why don't you ask the Benghazi victims' families how compassionate the Clintons are?

Did you know the Clintons already purchased their next door neighbors's home in Westchester County NY in case Chelsea Clinton tries to run for Nita Lowey's House seat after retirement? They're definitely leaning in that direction to keep the money and power flowing to them. Think about it: were it not for political influence, the Clintons have nothing to offer that can make them rich. There were also rumors of Chelsea running for NYC council. These people are complete pond scum, but I'd imagine the geniuses in NY will elect Chelsea to whichever office she runs for with very high margins.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:40 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,448,216 times
It was quite obvious that her heart wasn't in it. She ran such a poor campaign that there is no way her heart could have been in it. The only other candidate I have seen run such a bad campaign was John McCain in 2008.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:06 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,317,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It was quite obvious that her heart wasn't in it. She ran such a poor campaign that there is no way her heart could have been in it. The only other candidate I have seen run such a bad campaign was John McCain in 2008.
Did you actually see the '08 election as winnable for McCain? IMO, that's one of few elections over the last 24 years ('96 being the other) where the losing party was never very competitive, regardless of what they did. There is a school of thought, though, that thinks McCain could have won had the financial crisis not occurred in such close proximity to election day.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:39 AM

649 posts, read 314,757 times
Of all excuses for her getting beat like a rented mule , this one maybe takes the cake .

Old 12-23-2016, 12:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times
Default Biden: Hillary never figured out why she was running for president, being a woman was a key reason and her heart wasn't

I think he's on target here.

Seems to me that 90% of her campaign was "Vote for me. I'm not Trump."

Old 12-23-2016, 01:52 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,567,269 times
Obama has succeeded in keeping Biden's mouth sealed after the 1-2 years of his loose lips angering the liberal establishment.

Now he's freed to open them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections