Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 08:29 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm sure that you wouldn't be happy if someone crashed a pro-Hillary thread after being asked not to do so.
Um, I don't think the OP intended this as a pro-Trump thread, lol.

The OP's question—what will Trump do for YOU—was really sarcasm, I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I am a patriotic American, not a self serving ingrate. I love being an American, I love what America represents, I love what America has done in the world, and I want America to get back on track.

I can take care of myself. I don't expect the President Of The United States to serve me in any way. That is the fundamental difference between Republicans and Democrats.
If your President does not serve you/his constituency, you are wasting your time participating in a Democracy.

What have you, in the words of JFK, done for your country?

Old 12-28-2016, 08:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Believe me, Trump supporters bash Hillary and Obama on every thread on the Politics section of the forum.

I forgot about the OP's request and apologize to him/her.

But I think I'll read a bunch of your posts to see how many of yours are polite to Hillary and Obama.
Do you prefer we get tingles up our leg? LOL

We won't forget that the left elected Obama who's ideologues had no success, only ideas on how to steal the success of others. Now is the hope that Trump will flush Obama’s legacy of destruction and stifle his petty manipulations. The election of Trump proves that Obama deception has come to an end, many people finally woke up, you obviously haven't. All that remains is for the voice of this treacherous snake will soon be gone.

Obama, a hateful, spiteful, power hungry man who will not leave quietly (classless), he feels power by dividing people and he will attempt to continue with his petty manipulations.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We won't forget that the left elected Obama who's ideologues had no success, only ideas on how to steal the success of others. Now is the hope that Trump will flush Obama’s legacy of destruction and stifle his petty manipulations. The election of Trump proves that Obama deception has come to an end, many people finally woke up, hopefully many more will. All that remains is for the voice of this treacherous snake will soon be gone.

Obama, a hateful, spiteful, classless, power hungry man who will not leave quietly, he feels power by dividing people and he will attempt to continue with his petty manipulations.
The venomous vitriol is never near depletion. It will not go away for many years. Even after the new Prez fails to deliver on his rhetorical promises, it will always be blamed on Obama.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
The venomous vitriol is never near depletion. It will not go away for many years. Even after the new Prez fails to deliver on his rhetorical promises, it will always be blamed on Obama.
Especially the most recent manipulative deceptive play against Israel. <--- Obama
The healthcare insurance disaster <--- Obama
1% growth after 8 years <--- Obama

Old 12-28-2016, 08:47 PM

8 years of Obamaism and 10 years of Democrat policies have left America in a shambles with 1% growth, a weak military, a disintegrating social structure, and a foreign policy that has set the world on fire. Criminals run rampant and foreigners pour over America’s borders. For Trump to restore the country he will have to be ready to war with the Lefttist media.

Tyrants don’t yield power and they sow division.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:00 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Um, I don't think the OP intended this as a pro-Trump thread, lol.

The OP's question—what will Trump do for YOU—was really sarcasm, I believe.
^^^^It doesn't matter. OP did ask that there be no Trump bashing.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:40 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Lower my taxes and replace Obamacare.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:19 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
To the desires of the Trumpites it is clear vast disappointment awaits.

On immigration for instance Trump has no real support on either the Republican or Democratic side. So he will, in the end, fail to do anything of the sort expected. I would think he can single handily screw up the Obama initiatives for Dreamers and their parents but that is attacking the most desirable portion of the illegal aliens and it actually deports no one.

Yes they can at least defund significant portions of the ACA. But they have no thought on how to replace it. And there is a significant opportunity to cause chaos in the health care industry.

Yes he can modify duties and tariffs. But that turns very complex quickly and he can screw up American exports in the process.

He may well be able to modify the tax system. But again that will lead to other outcomes such as an increase in the deficit.

And a re-industrialization of the US is a hopeless pipe dream. There is no way Trump or any President could make it occur. Quite outside of their control. The rub with coal is as much automation and cheap natural gas as it is any regulation.

How sad are you Trumpites going to be as the reality sets in?
Very cogent explanation! Thank you.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:20 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Lower my taxes and replace Obamacare.
What does Trump's healthcare plan consist of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections