Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,897,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I agree with your reframing of the question, this is about how we will be used, not what opportunities will be presented to us. However based upon the results of the last election it's certainly possible that the Trump cult will continue to believe every single word that comes out of his mouth or through Twitter, and will forgive every disaster that besets them in the coming years - after all he/they can always apply the pretzel logic of blaming it on Obama. That's because we are rapidly moving away from an age where facts and reason and critical thinking mattered. Once you toss those pre-requisites for modern society onto the ash heap of history, it's certainly possible that a con man like Trump could prevail in taking us back into the dark ages.
That's what cultists do, they believe every word of their power hungry or deranged leader. Like what Jim Jones followers did with the cool-aid, sad but ironically funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,622,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
I see so many posts from Trump supporters saying they can't wait for him to take office so things will change.

WITHOUT BASHING OBAMA, can you intelligently explain, with specific details, exactly what you expect from Trump and how you think those changes will directly effect YOUR life? What policies do you expect him to implement that will make your life better. You can compare and contrast with current policies of course, but please give a well written answer as to what you expect from the next 4 years, and how those things would only happen with Trump as President.

Thanks.

AND TRUMP HATERS: Please don't use this thread to bash Trump. I am seriously interested in what Trump supporters expect the next 4 years.
i dont expect trump to do anything for me personally, i expect him to do for the country as a whole. i want him to start reducing government waste, and streamlining the things that government is supposed to do, and reduce the things best left to the states.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:05 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,098,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Illegals don't arrive on H1B visas. Employers use lots of Asians on these visas for IT jobs because they can pay them a lot less than American employees.

Most illegals live with lots of family members in low rent areas or trailer parks. I doubt them being gone will lower your rent.

Now if you are looking for a landscaping, roofer or maid or nanny job, the reduction in illegal workers may help you.
duh. I know that. Illegals don't come here on any visa. 1/3rd of my employers IT department is on H1B visas though. Companies are going to have to start training Americans again when those people have their visas taken away.

Illegals live EVERYWHERE. Kicking millions of them out will alleviate massive pressure from the lower cost rental market, something that is pressed to the limits today and is contributing to Americas affordable rental crisis.

Last edited by Happiness-is-close; 01-04-2017 at 09:24 PM..

Old 01-04-2017, 09:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,312,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
duh. I know that. Illegals don't come here in any visa. 1/3rd of my employers IT department is on H1B visas though. Companies are going to have to start training Americans again when those people have their visas taken away.

Illegals live EVERYWHERE. Kicking millions of them out will alleviate massive pressure from the lower cost rental market, something that is pressed to the limits today and is contributing to Americas affordable rental crisis.
There are plenty of highly trained IT Americans already, especially age 50+ who cannot get a job because H1B immigrants are cheaper to employ.

There are a reported 12 million illegals in this country. If they live 4 to an apartment, that would free up 3 million units, hardly enough to ease the "affordable rental crisis," across the country.

The reason there are not more affordable rentals is that developers can make more money on expensive apartments/houses than they can on cheap ones.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:12 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,098,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
There are plenty of highly trained IT Americans already, especially age 50+ who cannot get a job because H1B immigrants are cheaper to employ.

There are a reported 12 million illegals in this country. If they live 4 to an apartment, that would free up 3 million units, hardly enough to ease the "affordable rental crisis," across the country.

The reason there are not more affordable rentals is that developers can make more money on expensive apartments/houses than they can on cheap ones.
And the valve for those cheap H1B visa immigrants is about to be shut off. American companies are going to have to learn to hire and train American workers again. And no, they aren't going to work for minimum wage.

Freeing up 3 million units is massive. That would help alleviate the lower end rental market massively, particularly in states like Florida and Texas, which used to be cheap, and are no longer so. Hillary proposed squat to address the rental crisis. Trumps plan will have definite, immediate results.

Americans can expect better jobs, and cheaper housing, purely because they will be competing for those things with fewer people after Trump deports the illegals and revokes the H1B visas.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:34 PM

22,280 posts, read 11,769,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Wondering your age and profession. What do you expect this regime will do for you personally for where you are at in life?
I've answered this question previously in this post. Take your time to look and you will find it

Why is my age so important to you? I'll say this---I'm older than you, no doubt.

One thing I do know --- Now my grandkids will have a bright future ahead of them. Had Hillary won, we would have continued on the same ruinous path that started with Obama and eventually, there would be nothing left for them.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:37 PM

7,551 posts, read 8,586,882 times
Lower crime rates. Lower tax? These two are pretty basic and necessary for good living.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:42 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,964,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I've answered this question previously in this post. Take your time to look and you will find it

Why is my age so important to you? I'll say this---I'm older than you, no doubt.

One thing I do know --- Now my grandkids will have a bright future ahead of them. Had Hillary won, we would have continued on the same ruinous path that started with Obama and eventually, there would be nothing left for them.
They do not like to give us any information on themselves, at the same time; they will use anything and everything you say against you. Anything to side track the discussion. If they were honest; they would just tell us how much Soros is paying them or why they spend so many hours telling us that improving our Country will not work. People do not sit at the keyboard all day long just to hear themselves talk; somebody is paying the bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections