Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 01:42 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Why US voters keep giving elites the boot | New York Post

and it was a pleasure seeing the left-wing echo chamber deservedly thrashed for ignoring mainstream, Middle America, who wisely rose up to be heard in November, 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 02:34 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Why US voters keep giving elites the boot | New York Post

and it was a pleasure seeing the left-wing echo chamber deservedly thrashed for ignoring mainstream, Middle America, who wisely rose up to be heard in November, 2016.
Which is HILARIOUS when you look at Trump's elitist, billionaire, globalist, establishment cabinet that he JUST chose.

But, I get that it sounded good to those who only read tweets.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:43 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Obama and Democrats ignored the warnings in 2010, 2012, 2014, so ignorant to the truth they were shocked when Hillary lost. Explanation, if you ignore the obvious, shout down people trying to tell you, this is what happens.

Obama promised change, instead the people got bigger government, cash for clunkers, wind farms and a stimulus program that either went to Democratic donors’ businesses — like the now-bankrupt Solyndra — or to fill the gaps in state budgets.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:53 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Great article!

After I read it, I went down the rabbit hole and discovered this editorial:

Obama

^^^^Another good read!

Old 01-02-2017, 02:56 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Good points were raised in the referenced editorial, and all but one of the four opening posts:

But the unpleasant fact remains that a substantial component of Trump's camp still doesn't recognize that the Fifties/Sixties prosperity they're hoping to revive was a one-time event made possible by North American economic dominance post-1945.

I do believe that many of the symptoms of our current malaise can be eased just by correcting the worst features of the Obama-nation's "scorched earth policy", however, and the likelihood of vote fraud in California (which sets all the Millennial teenyboppers to salivating like Pavlov's dogs with claims of a "popular majority" -- which it is NOT -- Clinton still has LESS than 50%, plus one vote) needs the strongest possible Federal investigation.

Beyond that point, however, we simply have to hope that most of us not under the spell of Aunt Hillary's Childrens' Crusade possess the maturity and responsibility to recognize that real life is a struggle -- and that "success" is a realistic goal determined, and pursued by the individual, rather than a dream peddled by the Left-leaning charlatans -- or some of the peddlers of easy answers in the Trump camp, for that matter.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-02-2017 at 03:22 PM..

Old 01-02-2017, 06:42 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Which is HILARIOUS when you look at Trump's elitist, billionaire, globalist, establishment cabinet that he JUST chose.

But, I get that it sounded good to those who only read tweets.
Please. You have devolved into a parody of yourself. Hillary Clinton is not an elitist, globalist, billionaire?

Trump talked about issues that are important to middle America and offered solutions they believe in. Will he deliver? Maybe, maybe not. Is it even possible to do so? It might not be. But he at least spoke their language, which your crappy, obsolete party does not even try to do anymore.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Please. You have devolved into a parody of yourself. Hillary Clinton is not an elitist, globalist, billionaire?

Trump talked about issues that are important to middle America and offered solutions they believe in. Will he deliver? Maybe, maybe not. Is it even possible? It might not be. But he at least spoke their language, which your crappy, obsolete party does not even try to do anymore.
Trump talked about draining the swamp; Trump talked about 'establishment' politics; Trump talked about Goldman Sachs owning the government.

THEN - Trump appointed a panel of billionaire, globalist, establishment men to his cabinet.
I am simply pointing out the severe disconnect between what your candidate SAID and what he has done.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:53 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
Quote:
Trump talked about draining the swamp; Trump talked about 'establishment' politics; Trump talked about Goldman Sachs owning the government.

THEN - Trump appointed a panel of billionaire, globalist, establishment men to his cabinet.
I am simply pointing out the severe disconnect between what your candidate SAID and what he has done.
A) He's not my candidate. I narrowly voted for him over Clinton, but I favor neither.

B) You are talking gibberish. He is not yet president and has not had time to make good on or abrogate his positions. This is the last post I waste on you. You and yours need to figure out how to rebuild your party from the ground up, and crying about Trump is not the way.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:54 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
And Hillary talked about ..... Nothing.

No message except calling the working class names.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
A) He's not my candidate. I narrowly voted for him over Clinton, but I favor neither.

B) You are talking gibberish. He is not yet president and has not had time to make good on or abrogate his positions. This is the last post I waste on you. You and yours need to figure out how to rebuild your party from the ground up, and crying about Trump is not the way.
Please point out to me where I was 'talking gibberish". Obviously you cannot refute the facts so you resort to insult.

His cabinet is full of globalists, elites, and establishment politics. THE VERY THINGS HE RAN against.

Address my points with his appointees and get back to me.

Lastly, I'm not crying. I am laughing at the gullibility of Trump voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections