Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 11:09 PM

13,513 posts, read 7,865,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
... But women are not ready to support a female candidate, they are so busy attacking a woman's looks, weight, age, dress, hair, etc. that the man climbs right over them. Maybe in a generation or two we will see a woman.

Come on! The reason she didn't do well with other women wasn't because she was female. It was because she was a crappy candidate and because nobody expected a wild-card like Trump.

Clinton had plenty of time before the start of the election to have cleaned up some of the baggage which ended up being used against her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 11:10 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,604,980 times
Why don't the Dems put a gay man or woman as candidate, it is only PC for them as all of their supporters champion a rainbow coalition of people of all colors and orientation.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:21 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,668,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Come on! The reason she didn't do well with other women wasn't because she was female. It was because she was a crappy candidate and because nobody expected a wild-card like Trump.

Clinton had plenty of time before the start of the election to have cleaned up some of the baggage which ended up being used against her.
That does not explain how many women called her fat, old, a hag, ugly, wrinkled, cankles, etc. Trump is fatter and older, but these women - with no self awareness I'm sorry to say - would go on TV and call Hillary the most physically unattractive being wearing a "pantsuit". Women are absolutely obsessed with vanity and do not elect based on intelligence or skill. To elect a president based on how flat their hair is or what shade of blue their pantsuit is - women are not ready for prime time yet when it comes to the presidency. Someone said "Hillary, get some roof lift!" That is insane. These were women by the way, not men.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:58 AM

Quote:
That does not explain how many women called her fat, old, a hag, ugly, wrinkled, cankles, etc. Trump is fatter and older, but these women - with no self awareness I'm sorry to say - would go on TV and call Hillary the most physically unattractive being wearing a "pantsuit". Women are absolutely obsessed with vanity and do not elect based on intelligence or skill. To elect a president based on how flat their hair is or what shade of blue their pantsuit is - women are not ready for prime time yet when it comes to the presidency. Someone said "Hillary, get some roof lift!" That is insane. These were women by the way, not men.
Sorry but her gender is not why she did so poorly with women voters especially younger women.

Please provide a link to a legit news article which backs up your position.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:03 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,232,901 times
As a lean Republican, I think Dems need to highlight Nancy Pelosi and Tim Ellison....maybe have those 2 at the top of the ticket. That would be best for the nation.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Sorry but her gender is not why she did so poorly with women voters especially younger women.

Please provide a link to a legit news site which backs up your position.
A legit newsite? I'm talking about actual voters everywhere, on TV, at rallies, interviews, comments here and everywhere else. We just went through an election where interviews with voters were constantly televised. These women were very specific and women who will attack another woman for their hair, their looks, their weight, their age, ankle dimensions, their fashion, are definitely not ready to support a female presidential candidate. One would think they would be after 200 years of male presidents but when it came right down to it, they were actually more superficially insulting than the men, which was surprising. If women, who are the larger portion of the population, will not support a female because they think her hair is too flat, they are not ready.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:15 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,093,775 times
Quote:
A legit newsite? I'm talking about actual voters everywhere, on TV, at rallies, interviews, comments here and everywhere else. We just went through an election where interviews with voters were constantly televised. These women were very specific and women who will attack another woman for their hair, their looks, their weight, their age, ankle dimensions, their fashion, are definitely not ready to support a female presidential candidate. One would think they would be after 200 years of male presidents but when it came right down to it, they were actually more superficially insulting than the men, which was surprising. If women, who are the larger portion of the population, will not support a female because they think her hair is too flat, they are not ready.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...olls.html?_r=0 first line.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
A legit newsite? I'm talking about actual voters everywhere, on TV, at rallies, interviews, comments here and everywhere else.
I followed the election on C-D closely and I can't recall pro-Clinton supporters ever suggesting gender was a concern with other women. I've heard a lot of excuses as to why Clinton lost but none that suggested her women didn't support her because of her appearances, clothes, ect.

Try this... many women simply didn't believe or trust Clinton. Or Sander supporters didn't like the way the DNC cheated Bernie or others preferred Trump.

But because of her appearance? Give it a rest.

For example she looked during the first debate. Her appearance received a lot of positive comments including those from Trump supporters such as myself on C-D.

Now she looked a mess after the election and the gossip was she hit the bottle pretty hard.

But losing the election to Trump winning caught her and many others completely unexpectedly so I'm not going to fault her too much assuming the gossip was true.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:31 AM

Quote:
I followed the election on C-D closely and I can't recall pro-Clinton supporters ever suggesting gender was a concern with other women. I've heard a lot of excuses as to why Clinton lost but none that suggested her women didn't support her because of her appearances, clothes, ect.

Try this... many women simply didn't believe or trust Clinton. Or Sander supporters didn't like the way the DNC cheated Bernie or others preferred Trump.

But because of her appearance? Give it a rest.

She looked great especially during the first debate. She got a lot of positive comments including those from Trump supporters such as myself. (Yes, I'll try and dig it up if you want...)

Now she looked a mess after the election and the gossip was she hit the bottle pretty hard.

But losing the election to Trump winning caught her and many others completely unexpectedly so I'm not going to fault her too much assuming the gossip was true.
Please show me where Trump supporters had positive things to say about Clinton's appearance. My opinion about the viability of a female candidate was formed in this election and they simply do not appear to be mature enough to elect a woman to office. When women on camera for almost a year, endlessly comment about age, weight, wrinkles, cankles, fashion, one can't help but think they really aren't ready. Scotland has elected Nicola Sturgeon and the woman is a firecracker. I've concluded American women would rather have a male president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwPd_D3y3Pk

Old 01-08-2017, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Please show me where Trump supporters had positive things to say about Clinton's appearance.
Sure I'll try and dig up mine later.

I said she looked great wearing her red suit that first debate and I was never going to vote for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections