Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:34 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times

Advertisements

Newsmax.com - Media Ignore John McCain&#39s Offenses (http://www.newsmax.com/john_leboutillier/john_mccain/2007/11/19/50610.html - broken link)
Quote:
While trailing badly now for the GOP presidential nomination, mainly because he has ticked off so many mainstream conservatives over the years, he is a viable vice presidential choice. Thus it is vital that the real John McCain be exposed —all GOP voters need to know the truth.

John McCain must be stopped. And Ted Sampley’s well-researched article might just do it.
It's pretty bad when Newsmax turns on the Republican candidate. McCain's got a lot of dirty laundry. This is only the beginning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 02:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
More smear tactic.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:57 PM

745 posts, read 2,209,371 times
Smear tactics against John McCain often have a paradoxical effect for several reasons. One is that Republicans have been told to never trust the media anyway, the other is this guy's life story. MSNBC is going through a series on the presidential candidates that discuss the candidates life and after watching the one on McCain, there's very, very few that could dislike the man. I'm not saying dislike his positions, but he's got a classic American hero story. And once people are exposed to this, they just trust him more than smear articles against him. There's also a ton of people, that pay no attention to politics that trust the guy because for years they've heard about the Straight-talk express and how he does what he thinks is right even if people don't agree with the position. I'm also looking forward to seeing Obama's special and expect the same thing with his story, and that smear tactics will have the same effect.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
You don't go through the type of stuff McCain experienced in VietNam and continue on life unaffected. The article is a cheap shot, the author is an individual who was carried to a Congressional seat on the Ron Reagan wave, but only lasted two terms. He is well known for taking cheap shots, and Democrats and Republicans have both been dismissive of his ideas. He wanted to create a negative Bill Clinton library, but his own party told him to get lost.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:12 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
I would be wiling to bet that Obomba has more dirty laundry then McCain even in his short life time. We will see.

Just Obamas friends list and his wifes hatred of whites is a start of the laundry bag list of things that will come out in time.

Let not forget none of these people are perfect, but some of them are trying to hide their personal lives and past hisotry from us and we all know who that is.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:58 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times
I loved McCain's Freudian slip when he said he was a "proud liberal Republican" who will lead a "dispirited" campaign. Now that is some serious straight talk from the Straight Talk Express. I do agree agree though that he is very likable man with a great history of heroism and service to our country.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Quote of the day

Old 02-29-2008, 05:22 PM

438 posts, read 1,509,205 times
So, why is it that we just accept as truth stuff written about Hillary and Obama, but we dismiss this information about McCain as rubbish? Facts are facts, regardless of party affiliation.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:23 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
The only reason McCain is the leading candidate on the Republican side is because he has allowed his incredible thirst for power and control to overtake absolute stupidity. The man is a collosal reject with serious flaws. Nearly every other, far better qualified republican candidates realized that this is NOT the year that the public is going to elect a republican in office, ESPECIALLY after 7 lousy years of George Bush's ineptness. Yet, McCain presses on.

There will still be a few conservative die-hards who will vote for him, but I say he hasn't a chance in hell to win no matter who is opposing him on the Democratic side.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:26 PM

403 posts, read 748,972 times
My father --a proud conservative -- said he feels that Goldwater was right when he said to Bob Dole 'we are now the liberals in the republican party'.

Republican party is now party of:

1) 'we-want-to-install-a-camera-in-your-room' party.
2) 'want-your-money-for-our-christain-big-goverment-programs' party.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
My father --a proud conservative -- said he feels that Goldwater was right when he said to Bob Dole 'we are now the liberals in the republican party'.

Republican party is now party of:

1) 'we-want-to-install-a-camera-in-your-room' party.
2) 'want-your-money-for-our-christain-big-goverment-programs' party.
Sorry but tell me where the last conversation was held about giving government money to a christian organization was? Last time I recall hearing about it was during the discussion of school choice. Give me another time when that was the case...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections